Bank NEVERDIE Comments thread

according to you, you are not even a potential customer, you are more like a Heckler, so it just doesn't interest me to answer your questions.

Wow, that's an answer I wouldn't expect to get. You know you cannot answer the question because you don't the answer...I bet even your "bank manager" wouldn't know the answer? YET you claim that you borrow to 50% of the market of the item...

FFS! :rolleyes:

That's where your whole business plan will fail ND.

Well I have to say Grrrrr I was very relieved to see you had chipped in here to help ND, and potentially all banks in and out of game sure up their profits and conduct business on a sound footing and in keeping with a good strong business plan. With the current global credit crunch and the eyes of the worlds media on credit and the debt markets it came as a glimmer of hope to me to know that you were involved.

Thing is, I was reading through the whole thing - for interest, I wasn't at my PC at the time I was meeting with the CEO of a highstreet bank in the UK who briefly asked that we take a short break in our meeting so he could read your posts here and stay one step ahead of his rivals.

As I peered over his shoulder we scrolled down the threads at your comments eagerly soaking up pearl after pearl of wisdom. Then a strange thing happened we began to reread, scroll back and become increasingly uncomfortable. I looked at him, he looked at me and an atmosphere of fear descended upon us.

The sound of silent study was broken with comments like

"Hang on, but I thought he said ...."

"Wait I was sure he said ....."

We both started to become increasingly concerned. I can only really explain by drawing on examples.

It kind of started when you were so furious about the interest rates at the banks that you felt it necessary to respond strongly even suggesting illegality and branding the culprits b*stards:

:laugh:
Price collusion at its finest...
Highly illegal in my country.
Reccent cases of price collusion saw two corporations fined AUD$71m and AUD$36m respectfully.
Greedy bastards!

in this thread about interest rates:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...bank-annual-interest-rates-skyrocketed-3.html

but then followed it up in this current thread with a comment dismissing interest rates have any value or relevance:

What's this got to do with interest rates? People are looking for the best value on their collateral. Interest rates mean jack shit when it comes to short term loans.

Can you help here as both I and my bank manager are now totally confused as to whether interest rates are or aren't important on short term loans. Until we get clarification on the facts, we discussed it and decided it be best if we suspend all lending and borrowing.

We took a deep breath and thought it's ok it must just be confusion on our part and we moved on delving into your other posts in search of more nuggets of banking excellence.

Then we saw this where you insisted you were done with this thread:

Haha...You just compromised yourself when you suggest I hadn't done research when you blatantly use my example.
FFS! :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Good luck to ND and his banking ventures...

You'll remember posting it I'm sure, it was 12:41 on the 16th. What triggered the concern though was your next post in this thread a mere 27 minutes later. Not the actions of a man who is done with the thread we thought and when, feeling somewhat perplexed, we counted a total of 7 more posts after your 'I'm done' comment we thought well is he done or not?

Some relief came when we saw this where you seem to be impeccably clear thinking and insightful pointing out that you would not be finding examples or reviewing collateral prices as that was the job of the manager:

Also I am sure I can find numerous examples but that is your "manager's job" ND, not mine.

I can only plead with you to try and imagine our horror when moments later we stumbled, by now a little punch drunk, into this post:

How about you do your research on the following items and let me know how you go...
Female Jag armour, 7 pieces, non-L
DAR 9300
M71A1
Your jaw will drop when you compare the borrowing amounts compared with ND's.
Absolutely disgusting!

Where you seem to have suddenly assumed the role of bank manager seeking out the numerous specific examples you insisted you would not be seeking out. Again our brows furrowed as we struggled to find consistency.

The final straw then hit us, a final blow that sent us into a mental flat spin... this:

:laugh:

Look up the word "sarcasm" in the dictionary and then you know where I am coming from ;)

We both had to stop reading at this point. With sarcasm in your armoury we were unsure what to take seriously. Were you being sarcastic about all your comments, some of them or were the contradictions and inconsistency the sarcasm in itself.

The unfortunate conclusion we came to when we sat and considered what we had read was ... your confused Grrrrr, really confused. Completely unsure if you are coming or going, the interest rates, the 'i'm done, the job, the sarcasm. It was just all too much. Our only hope now is that you are able to take one consistent decision and stick to it ... if you are, then please let that be the decision to stop passing comment on banks and banking, maybe you're ahead of your time, but for the simple layman it's just too confusing when you are involved.

Slappy :)

Last edited:
Nice work Slapnuts :)

Maybe you could take on the role of ND's bank manager and prove me wrong and actually get the bank to function as is claimed on the EF banner?

PS: You need a bib, your dribble is embarrassing

I appreciate the nice work comment although I am unsure how to take the comment but then on the other hand I don't want the comment but it is nice all the same so I appreciate that as well as not wanting it or liking it because it makes me blush but it is a bit lovely to get it and for that I am ever grateful although totally resent it ;) ... sorry was just trying to be inconsistent to help your understanding ;)

Cheers for the job recommendation (although I don't want the job but at the same time would love it), much appreciated mate.

Slappy :)

PS the dribbling is largely on account of the consistent and perpetual stella intake, slurp, sorry about that. ;)

to be consistent here's a double post from me too ;)

PS the dribbling is largely on account of the consistent and perpetual stella intake, slurp, sorry about that. ;)

Well for that, I forgive you :silly2:

On topic: I did go for a wander to the bank earlier and have noticed a marked improvement in the value of items, BUT it still does not equate to the 50% claimed in the EF banner advirtisement (I compared the item value to yearly market rate).

I'm still interested to know which market rate ND uses to value his items at "50% market value". If such claims are being made in an advertisement then it needs to be substantiated AND/OR a disclaimer notifing the potential customer what market rate is being used.

Maybe it's time we need an "EU Ombudsman" to keep such businesses in check? ;) :D

check the FaQ on the front page

Just checked few items loan offers and all seemed to be priced very cautiously.
However, that didn't bother me as much as The Gamers Banks shopkeeper selling A-3 Punisher Mk.I's for +6.66 right at a place with high newbie concentration.:rolleyes:

However, that didn't bother me as much as The Gamers Banks shopkeeper selling A-3 Punisher Mk.I's for +6.66 right at a place with high newbie concentration.:rolleyes:

Oh no, don't get me started on the shopkeeper! :laugh: I'm keeping my mouth closed on this occassion.

Thinking outside the Box is key. Its a learning curve for me, but its still fun

::: Sings:: Think out side the box. stop the ticking clocks. start breaking all the rules, rules are made for fools. No one ever dies, choose to laugh or cry, destiny on the fly....
sorry couldn't help it I love that part of the song :laugh:

Is it just me or do the other banks seem gloomy and empty? BND has a good home feeling to it.

::: Sings:: Think out side the box. stop the ticking clocks. start breaking all the rules, rules are made for fools. No one ever dies, choose to laugh or cry, destiny on the fly....
sorry couldn't help it I love that part of the song :laugh:

Is it just me or do the other banks seem gloomy and empty? BND has a good home feeling to it.

Well if your home is full of other peoples items that they can't afford to un-pawn
then I guess to each his own... seems like bad karma to me.:laugh:

Hi there ND.

Could you comment on the economy of your bank investment?
If it's not "business secret", I think a lot of us are curious and have a feeling, that the banks doesn't work very well atm.

So... What's just rumours and what's real?
Any comments?

The Secured Loan System works very well and is able to operate profitably. Like alot of other systems in EU, it will benefit greatly from tweaking.

In RL banks offer alot of different Services, the more services they are able to offer securely in game the more valuable to the community they will be.

I still think of EU as being in its infancy. NEVERDIE is only 6 years old. The Potential for Many systems including the banks has yet to be Scratched

The Secured Loan System works very well and is able to operate profitably. Like alot of other systems in EU, it will benefit greatly from tweaking.

In RL banks offer alot of different Services, the more services they are able to offer securely in game the more valuable to the community they will be.

I still think of EU as being in its infancy. NEVERDIE is only 6 years old. The Potential for Many systems including the banks has yet to be Scratched
Ok... The way I read your answer, you're saying that you can profit from your bank, but not enough to justify the investment.
However you have faith that the profit will increase as more banking features might be added in the future, and as the EU population grows.

I agree with that... But then again, that might not have been what you meant, but just my personal interpretation of your answer. :laugh:

Anyway... Keep up the good work and GL :)

Ok... The way I read your answer, you're saying that you can profit from your bank, but not enough to justify the investment.
However you have faith that the profit will increase as more banking features might be added in the future, and as the EU population grows.

I agree with that... But then again, that might not have been what you meant, but just my personal interpretation of your answer. :laugh:

Anyway... Keep up the good work and GL :)

i didn't read that at all.. i read "as soon as i figure out just how much more i can charge for these Mk.I's i got in zychion i'll start to profit.

* . &

Last edited:
I cant find them for sale in Zychon, will check hades and other place....

items in shop keeper are defaulted items... not purchased by the bank from TT machines.

* . @

Last edited:
I cant find them for sale in Zychon, will check hades and other place....

items in shop keeper are defaulted items... not purchased by the bank from TT machines.

They are available from the Zychion Weapons Merchant. The NPC is in a room next to the revival room. Leave Zychion revival, turn right and the door should be on your right. ;)

Weapon Merchants are also available in Hadesheim retail areas and one of the Ithaca terminal buildings.

show me a screenie with a time and date screenshot of a tt selling them now and we will tt all the ones we have in stock... I was under the impression they were no longer for sale in TT

I checked the room u said, they are not in there.
They may have been nerfed awhile back

* . !

Last edited:
my apologizes if this is true. - ; )

Just wanted to post a comment to say thankyou to ND and the staff of Bank Neverdie.

When a particularly good deal came my way I needed to raise some significant peds on Sunday - but I had a WoF hunt that night so was needing alot of my gear.

The amount being offered in the Bank was lower than what I felt was a reasonable amount (which I understand because there are soooo many items to constantly try and value).

I approached the bank manager and asked for consideration of raising the value of the items I needed to borrow against. Without a lot of fuss, the loan amount on both items was increased significantly to reflect the current market price. I got the loans I needed and did the deal I wanted to do.

It should be said that many of the high end items are not sold on Auction regularly so they are not tracked in the market price, making valuations fairly difficult at times.

I guess the main point is that peple should see the bank as being staffed by 'real people' and that if you think an item is undervalued, talk to the bank manager - I can assure you he won't bite :)

Back