Banned for using Hunting Bots?

Status

dub

Got Ruga?
Society
Art of War
Paris Dub Hilton
Most everyone has heard the rumor by now, that many so-called ubers were banned in the past week for using hunting bots. HunterZ, Heiro, the rest of the Longu Crew - care to put this rumor to rest? Haven't seen any of you online, which lends the rumor some credibility.

If it's true, I'm curious to know who they offending parties are, will they be temp or perma bans, and will they be foreiting all their items, etc? If Mindark bans them and deletes their items, instantly removing hundreds of thousands of dollars in market value from the economy, will a press release be issued?

:locked:

Interesting I had not heard this. Can anyone give a link to details or maybe give some details on "hunting bots". I assume this means scripted hunting with some kind of custom written application that can recognize colors etc and fap when necessary etc.

P.S. I don't want to know so I can do it I want to know so I know what they are being reprimaded for.

Last edited:
dub said:
Most everyone has heard the rumor by now, that many so-called ubers were banned in the past week for using hunting bots. HunterZ, Heiro, the rest of the Longu Crew - care to put this rumor to rest? Haven't seen any of you online, which lends the rumor some credibility.

If hunterz is banned for boting then it bring a lot of irony and fun , since he was bragin so much around that he dont chip and dont AC and bla bla all his skill are total natural ...

Temp ban, stern warning - unlock after a week.. is my guess.

Heard the rumor that about half of CC was banned - Don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, then I think it's fair in a way... And if they have gotten perm bans, then let the items go back to the loot pool... Would give people hope if Imk2, MM or Mod fap was actualy dropped again :girl:

However, if it's not true, then someone please speak up and let us hear ;)

i'm not against autoclicker for manufacturing or mining, but hunting bot is ILLEGAL for sure. Like for manufacturing u still spend a lot of time to buy needed resources , at mining u use it only to extract large deposits.
Well done MA :clap:

Akoz said:

If they have been using bots since they began to get where they are then I would hope for more than that.

:eek: Hadn't heard the rumour, if true that would have to be one hell of a script and whoever has the skills to write something like that could surely script elements to avoid detection.

If not true I suspect there could be some angry "ubers" around though.

If this is true.. wow. Just wow. :eek:

What is MA's policy on the item's of banned accounts? Maybe Marco could weigh in here on the general rule, not the specifics of this possible case. I mean, we are talking avis that own LAs here along with god knows what uber rare equipment.

Strip there accounts and add all those things to the loot-pool... :D

Akoz said:

Assuming this is true and not just a rumour, you are probably right Akoz, mainly because it doesnt hurt the Mindark bottom line. What this DOES hurt is the community (same in a similar way with the spider ATH if it was trapped). Somehow I cant help thinking that MA doesnt give a damn for the community, one day games companies might realise the game community is the strongest asset they have.

Time for an example to be made.

Last edited:
If this is true then ^5 MA...we need this kind of policing to enforce the rules. Becoming uber by cheating and depleting the loot-pool by using bots hurts those players that hunt by the rules.

extoo said:
You are probably right, mainly because it doesnt hurt the Mindark bottom line. What this DOES hurt is the community (same in a similar way with the spider ATH if it was trapped). Somehow I cant help thinking that MA doesnt give a damn for the community, one day games companies might realise the game community is the strongest asset they have.

Time for an example to be made.

Well, we haven't established whether or not these people have been using bots nor whether or not they've been banned yet ;)

But if its true I tend to agree with you. Just makes it harder for the rest of us.

I am curious how exactly does this hurt the loot pool? I don't think you will notice any change in loot or decay based on whether or not the button was clicked by software or a human finger. Even a hunting bot will get no loots, poor loots, good loots, weapon decay, amp decay, etc. If anything in a round about sort of way I would think it would actually help by having a constant stream of PED flowing into the loot pool.

That being said cheating still sucks and help or harm it is not right. Now on the flip side of the coin. The lynch mob mentality that is growing in this thread is kind of scary. How long will it be before we hear "they were cheating lets get their irl address and burn their house down and execute their family"

I think a simple long term ban with the removal of all items that were obtained through hunting during a specific period of time would be a good punishment. Throw those babies back into the loot pool.

I just can tell from other games that bot-using is a great problem everywhere. Its not the pros and cons for the mechanics but the simple matter that it ruins the competition for the honest user that spent their time on it.
Someone running a bot for the time he is on work for example, comes home and has -wow-..10k Oil in his bags will sell it a lot cheaper in some cases than the person that sat on his butt drilling away the same 10k, the botter had "no" work on it and thus doesn't appreciate it. This is just an example, not a matter to discuss whether it will happen or not.

Seen it at Lineage II where you have hordes of "sfsffs", "gggeeee", "eee44dd" named characters that roam the hunting grounds making it literally impossible for normal players to get their needed quest mobs killed or ressources gathered for an item.

From my experience it should be considered at the earliest possible stage. Personally I don't want to see those ggeerrr qwerty33ff and so on characters anymore.

Just my 2 pcents.

heard some of the is a landowner with quite a few LAs

seems kinda strange cos MA said the trapper get 1 warning and then the ban

in this case it seems there wasn`t a warning ... not sure that`s fair somehow

P.S: There was a discution here some while ago, I think Etopia and Akoz said how stupid some ppl can be to believe such software could exist hehe. Have to admit I was tempted to give it a try , but the creator was asking a lot for it. I`m glad I didn`t give it a shot although it seems to be working :D

Last edited:
not accusing anyone but i have seen some weird movements (which doesnt prove anything tho!) from a high skilled player..

Kaiser said:
I am curious how exactly does this hurt the loot pool? I don't think you will notice any change in loot or decay based on whether or not the button was clicked by software or a human finger. Even a hunting bot will get no loots, poor loots, good loots, weapon decay, amp decay, etc. If anything in a round about sort of way I would think it would actually help by having a constant stream of PED flowing into the loot pool.

Who said it hurt the loot pool? If I had no job, personal fortune and didn't need to sleep I would probably play PE 24 hours a day. In doing so I would gain a lot of skill which is valuable and can be resold. Now imagine fictional hunter with bot starts his bot at midnight and goes to sleep. Next day he wakes up has "x" more skill (a valuable commodity) and maybe he has a 20k hof too. Even forgetting for the moment you or I could have had that hof (which is largely beside the point, lets face it what are the chances :) ) bots are banned, unfair advantage, devaluing skills... need I go on? Oh ok then...

Bad enough anyone was doing it, but IF an uber with modfap, IMK2 (the generally accepted gear for making a "profit" in this game combined with high skills) then 24/7 hunting could theoretically profit and will therefore effect the loot pool. If you take longu (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can probably take anything up to Dom down with IMK2 even unamped... you certainly could with MM. Not much decay involved in this scenario...

There is a commercial hunting bot that recently came out, payable in PEDs to the creator. I really doubt most ubers would spend the kind of time required to write such a program when they could buy it. If MA is going to crack down on bots they ought to start by locking and freezing the assets of the one running the exploits commercially.

Dub, those are pretty serious rumours you're bringing up. Please at least describe how you came by them.

Well Kaiser i dont see a lynch mob here. I see a few people who are suprised and not sure if the RUMOURS true. Also, this will in 2 or latest 3 pages a thread about autoclicker. :) And when you reached a certain über skill and get the right equipment it seems hard to loose monney anymore if you just hunt long enough.

When rumours turn out true i hope Mindark did or do the right thing.

The problem is that someone with 9+ HA ability and 48%+ min damge can make an Imk2 into one hell of an Opalo - Everyone can profit with Opalo if they have the will to do so (It's borring as hell) and anyone with the skills to use it, can make profit with Imk2 - This can be borring as well, so if someone is using a bot, then it's unfair... It's especialy onfair for people like Stryker and Stormer who hunts those same damn mobs day in and day out :eek:

I am not even sure what the hell hunting bots are, but sure sounds illegal:)

Kaiser said:
I am curious how exactly does this hurt the loot pool?

Still if this actually is occurring, it would hurt the loot pool because these guys will have huge skills from running their bot all the time, are probably using imk2 and most likely therefor returning a good profit. This profit doesn't come from MA it comes from the rest of us.

Eld said:
seems kinda strange cos MA said the trapper get 1 warning and then the ban

The trapper may not have profitted from cheating yet. If someone has been cheating for years for considerable profit then it is well past warning time...

MA doesn`t have a clear stance on autoclickers yet. They should ban half of the community then. In a way it`s very similar stuff. Hunting on autoclick or crafting , taming etc on autoclick

extoo said:
Bad enough anyone was doing it, but IF an uber with modfap, IMK2 (the generally accepted gear for making a "profit" in this game combined with high skills) then 24/7 hunting could theoretically profit and will therefore effect the loot pool. If you take longu (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can probably take anything up to Dom down with IMK2 even unamped... you certainly could with MM. Not much decay involved in this scenario...

true. well lets see.

Think about it like this. Someone using a bot to skill up can extract those skills, sell them on the open market, skill up some more and do it all over again.

They could be selling these skills off frequently enough to pay for their ammo and decay and still turn a decent profit on their hunts.

For the sake of argumen; if you figure the average EU participant spends 5 hours in the EU each day; then figure that it takes that person 3 weeks to get 1500 skill in rifle. (purely hypothetical numbers for the sake of the discussion) Now imagine how fast someone could increase their skills and sell them off if they could be online hunting and skilling 24/7 by using a bot.

A person using a bot could sell skills on a regular basis and still be higher skill level than most of us in a matter of just a few months.

Based on that argument alone, these people, if the rumors turn out to be true, should be banned for good and the items they have purchased or looted should be dropped back into the loot pools, or at least liquidated and the value put back into the pool.

This should not turn into a discussion about autoclickers because a hunting bot is WAY beyond a simple autoclicker.

Kombinator said:
I am not even sure what the hell hunting bots are, but sure sounds illegal:)

A bot is just a program that automate something that normally a human would do. Poker bots are pretty common on the online poker scene for instance - they play so you don't have too. Thankfully they aren't very good yet, but they can still win quite a bit at low stakes games where the play is bad (the bot can play many many games at once).

A hunting bot will automate the hunting process so an avatar can set it running, go to sleep and look at the loot in the morning, or if the bot can handle unloading the loot collected, look at the loot in two weeks time when they get back from holiday. I'd guess longu are chosen because they loot very few items so the code would only have to transfer the peds and pecs onto the ped card in order to avoid getting heavy. So the only limitting factor would be the amount of ammo you can carry without being heavy.

Status
Back