Banned from #calytrade and #trade chat

Status

PreyNaika

Stalker
Isa Naika Prey
The cartels have spoken and now its MA's problem.

I have been banned from the supposedly public #trade, and #calytrade channels.

Support seems to not care, in this point mindark violates theyr own rules ( this is harrasment, also it is in clear violation of the EULA. (this impacts my ability to sell and play)

This hapens Regular to multible known members of the community

I Post this here to get mindarks atention
Those channels need to be controlled by mindark

Also consider a permanent ban for the Administrator of this channels because besides me he did this to many other people who also complained about the same problem in this forum

@Ludvig|MindArk

I'm not going to say what happened to you is or isn't right, don't really have enough information for that. But I'm also not sure what you're expecting Mindark to do about it - these aren't default or developer created chat channels, they're operated by players. It's the same principle as a society - if a society name was abusive or in violation of EULA yes I would expect Mindark to take action, but otherwise not being invited, or being kicked from a soc isn't harrassment nor EULA violation.

You can use official means like local chat, local trade channel, auction and other player-to-player means, as well as create your own chat channels should you wish.

The local #trade channel is on a player? :unsure:
Yes and no. There is a local chat channel called "Trade", which is a proximity chat built into the chat, same as regular local chat. There is also a "#trade" channel, which is a public (i.e. does not require invite by operators) player-created channel. Any channel prefixed with a # was at some point created by a player.

I try to understand
1. you are not allowed to enter at someone's house for reasons that are personal
2. you lament to someone else that has no authority to force the house owner to open the door to whom he does not like

i cant see the point.
the channel owner does not like you? it might be bad, it sure is, but what shouls a forum moderator (you address to Lufwig the mesage) do?
forum moderator is not even a game master, he care to enforce the forum rules.....

i think that not even "zeus" that is present on map more than other has the power to force a channel owner to accept you

i think the only way is to contact if he is available to hear you, the channel owner....all in all you invite in yuor house the people that you want

The real question is... being calytrade full of all the kind of trash bid and trash offers, spammer and off topic, what didi you do so bad
to let the owner ban you ? :)

as per SoReal comment , i support the ban of pirates from social environment.
we are forced to use space to move, and who steals the loot to ppl that just move around
is the scum of the game.

I don’t think you should of been banned. Everybody deserves the chance to look like a tool trying to sell off their overpriced POS. It’s not scamming if you supply the goods advertised and don’t make any false assertions regarding it. As far as I know you didn’t.

Every second post is somebody trying to sell some gay weapon at 2x its market value. If we banned all these people calytrade would be a quiet place.

In a free market you are allowed to set what price you want, it doesn’t mean people should pay it, and it doesn’t mean you will be immune from public ridicule.

Saying all that, I think you got no chance in hell getting any MA official resolution. Calytrade is a private channel, and they can censor it as they wish.

I don’t think you should of been banned. Everybody deserves the chance to look like a tool trying to sell off their overpriced POS. It’s not scamming if you supply the goods advertised and don’t make any false assertions regarding it. As far as I know you didn’t.

Every second post is somebody trying to sell some gay weapon at 2x its market value. If we banned all these people calytrade would be a quiet place.

In a free market you are allowed to set what price you want, it doesn’t mean people should pay it, and it doesn’t mean you will be immune from public ridicule.

Saying all that, I think you got no chance in hell getting any MA official resolution. Calytrade is a private channel, and they can censor it as they wish.

I guess that half the playerbase would be banned judging by ALL the prices I currently see.

Market value doesn't mean a thing!
Just an example.
I recently sold my mod implant. The MU was 1200 ped, looking at the auction history.
I bought it for 800 ped 1,5 year ago. And sold it for 3800. (and I even feel I sold it for the little!)

Am I now also a scammer since I sold it for 3x the current MU?
Or is the market just going crazy?

"Calytrade is a private channel, and they can censor it as they wish."
Who is "they"?

"Calytrade is a private channel, and they can censor it as they wish."
Who is "they"?
I am referring to the channel administrators. I don't know who he/she/them/zee/zer/xee/tay is.

While I don't like censorship of any kind, unless is actual scamming or harmful malicious behavior. I will respect the right for a private channel to operate however it likes within the TOS.

I am referring to the channel administrators. I don't know who he/she/them/zee/zer/xee/tay is.
well yeah, I knew you were referring the the channel administrators. But I just like to know who "they" are.
Does anybody know this?

Honestly I hope Mindark completely redoes the entire chat thing when they implement the new game engine. At the moment it's ridiculous that if you subscribe to so many channels you cannot scroll through them to turn them off or make changes to channel coor, etc. because they simply truncate at the bottom of the screen.... Worst GUI implementation ever. At least give us the ability to see all of the channels we are subscribed to.

I try to understand
1. you are not allowed to enter at someone's house for reasons that are personal
2. you lament to someone else that has no authority to force the house owner to open the door to whom he does not like

i cant see the point.
the channel owner does not like you? it might be bad, it sure is, but what shouls a forum moderator (you address to Lufwig the mesage) do?
forum moderator is not even a game master, he care to enforce the forum rules.....

i think that not even "zeus" that is present on map more than other has the power to force a channel owner to accept you

i think the only way is to contact if he is available to hear you, the channel owner....all in all you invite in yuor house the people that you want

The real question is... being calytrade full of all the kind of trash bid and trash offers, spammer and off topic, what didi you do so bad
to let the owner ban you ? :)

as per SoReal comment , i support the ban of pirates from social environment.
we are forced to use space to move, and who steals the loot to ppl that just move around
is the scum of the game.
Ludvig can do more then most people think , actually i did Adress this to ludvig in order to get his atention,

Those are public channels, since you cant Bann people from a public channel you have to backdoor it by muting individuals

In first place i want people to be aware that there are individuals wo will do all they can to destroy your game experience

Also i want to Show mindark that it wuld be a better option to make importent channels like trade chats controlled by mindark in future vu , this wuld stop the abuse

I'm not sure if this is a bridge you've already burned, but perhaps you could (in a more professional manner than the topic post is written) ask 711 to make a request to the channels' administrators for your reinstatement. If I understand the situation correctly, this resulted in part because several forum rule violations were initially missed in the thread attacking you, when its title was modified due to profanity. A message from the forum administration apologizing for the delay in moderation and explaining that the forum is not meant to be a channel to propagate social harm against individuals might hold some weight.

As I believe has been mentioned before, I have no influence over non-official chat channels in the game. Moderation is up to the channel owner(s).

If you do believe that they have violated the EULA through their moderation, I suggest you make a support case about it.

Meanwhile, as the OP is using needlessly inflammatory language and there has already been multiple rule violations from various people in less than one page of comments, :locked:

Status
Back