Basic Taming Tutorial

Status

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
This is just a small part of my main guide, you can find the main guide, which is far bigger at my signature

20 Taming

You will need a whip for it and nutrio bars (refining product of fruit and sweet stuff) and should drag “attempt tame” at a button at your keyboard.

At the moment just daikibas, exasaurs and snablesnots can be tamed,
what can be seen at the second bar they have above their health bar.
taming_bar_1.jpg

If you are equipped and found the animal you want as your pet you have to attack it with your whip.
Be sure it has yellow bar above its health bar before attacking, the animals “spirit”.

A red bar will appear if you hit such an animal with a whip, the “respect”.

taming_bar_2.jpg

Then you should lead the creature somewhere were you are alone with it, else surrounding mobs could disturb you, or other players might shoot at it.
If you found a nice place then you hit it again with your whip.

You should also drag the health bar of the mob to your screen, since that bar is more accurate as the bar above his name.

The spirit bar will decrease, indicating that you are breaking the will of the animal.
The respect bar will increase.
If you are hit by the animal the respect bar will decrease again.
You have to bring your target to the following:
Very low spirit, very low health (close to death) and full respect, to start a taming attempt.
taming_bar_3.jpg

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/taming_btn.jpg[/wrap]
The animal has to be selected for this, click (or press if you have it a key)

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/taming_failure_success_efversion.jpg[/wrap]
The results can be a failure

or a success

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/taming_bar_tamed1.jpg[/wrap]
A tame animal will have 3 bars

The green one is the trust, and will be necessary if you want to skill with your pet to increase your skill and the pets level (current max level is 3). You can rise it with an animal brush.
The blue one shows you when the ped needs food.
To feed your pet you will need nutrio bars,open your inventory
under food you should find the nutrios
drag them from the inventory, to your pet, drop them at your pet
the pet should make a feeding gesture, and the bar will be increased
Third is the health bar.

Your pet gains experience when it performs task you give them, greet and impress.
This will decrease the food bar.
Task for your pets can be found in the action library, moving and stop won’t give experience.
At level one your pet can just greet, at level 2 impress, at level 3 it can follow you (easier than the move to command) and you can give it a name (see upper picture, the name is Hope).

If you want to log off, go to a stable master with your pet, and click the stable command (action library).

You will get a deed of your pet.
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/taming_pet_deed1_efversion.jpg[/wrap]

and a message when your pets needs food again and that you can doubleclick at the item to get your pet again.

Don’t log off or run away from your pet while it stands in the wilderness, this will decrease trust, food and experience, so you really should take it to a stable if you don’t want it around at the moment.

Pets can't attack at the moment, and are mainly there to skill, show off, and to look at (kinda cute).

Skills and attributes you can get are
Animal Taming (this is a hidden skill and will be unlocked), Animal Lore
Zoology, Perception, Dexterity, Courage, Alertness
Agility, Itelligence

Jason Center
Port Atlantis
Nymphtown
Fort Zeus
Camp Echidna
Fort Ithaca
Fort Argus
Twin Peaks

Treasure Island Castle
Genesis Amethera Headquarters
Omegaton West Habitat

Last edited:
Good guide, one of the things that i think you should mention for people is all the skills you get from taming they are:

1) Animal Taming
2) Animal Lore
3) Zoology

Perception
Dexterity
Courage
Alertness

Agility
Intelligence

forgot to mention the skills :(

but actually, i just tamed my first snable male young today,(soc mate loaned me a whip, ty moh again)

forgot about the skills
since you are actually animal tamer, is that true so far ?
i don't have that much experience in it (1 tame, 1 pet at level 3 :rolleyes: )

edit,hope you don't mind me to copy and paste the skills

Also for those taming at CND where there are no stables, just leave your pet after you tame it, it will autostable within some minutes...

i should have left that part for a real tamer :D

How much to whips cost?

Hi Alice,

Nice guide.

I've been given a pet and some food but I can't feed it. Could you add to the guide how you feed your pet?

Thanks
Xany

Take it out of stable.
Stand in front of the pet or very close to it.
Open Inventory.
Click the food icon (yes, you know this, I just try to be exact).
Drag and drop the nutrios on your pet.
Release mouse button.
The pet now eats for about 5-7 seconds. The daikiba animation is: it sits down and eats, exaros and snables act similar to the great button (afaik different animation, but looks very similar).

Note:
MA did not implement and "zones" to the mobs, so the server cannot see, if you drag it to the head or the... butt. :D

Hi Alice,

Nice guide.

I've been given a pet and some food but I can't feed it. Could you add to the guide how you feed your pet?

Thanks
Xany

i forgot to mention how to feed it :duh: :ahh:

well, added, but to write it here again

open your inventory, under food you find nutrios bars
drag them to your pet, and drop them on it

Great! A taming guide for us animal lovers! Props to you :)

hi,

i have got a nice present from a great person it was a whip and some food for a pet and a exa stalker pet :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

but my question is now;

i tried to tame a exa old (because where i am u cant find younger nearby) so i taked my nice shiny whip in my hands and begon to whip the exa old and then it was time to attemt tame :yay:
but when i tried to attempt tame i got a message that told me that i'm not skilled enough to tame it

so how can i tame the old exa? do i need to unlock something before i can tame old's? or do i need to find some youngs first?

i looked at my skills and saw a new :yay: skill called Whip i'm now at lvl6 in that skill :wtg:

hi,

i have got a nice present from a great person it was a whip and some food for a pet and a exa stalker pet :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

but my question is now;

i tried to tame a exa old (because where i am u cant find younger nearby) so i taked my nice shiny whip in my hands and begon to whip the exa old and then it was time to attemt tame :yay:
but when i tried to attempt tame i got a message that told me that i'm not skilled enough to tame it

so how can i tame the old exa? do i need to unlock something before i can tame old's? or do i need to find some youngs first?

i looked at my skills and saw a new :yay: skill called Whip i'm now at lvl6 in that skill :wtg:
most likely you will need to skill animal taming and alike up first
animal taming can be unlocked when you skill with the exa stalker you have atm afaik

but what prof standings are need to tame i don't know (i have to admit it, i don't tame myself)

but if you want to tame younger stuff, i guess you should start with young snables, you can find some near atlas haven

and if i remember right, the suggestion was to skill with the pet a lot first, to get decent taming skills, before you really start with professional taming creatures

just tamed my first pet today out of boredom.. pet is level 1 with 0 experience (which i assume is how all pets are after just being tamed), and after 10-15 min. of using the 'greet' command i checked the stats again, and the level was still 1 which i expected, but experience was still at 0. Is this slow gaining or do i need to build up trust as well for it to gain experience?

just tamed my first pet today out of boredom.. pet is level 1 with 0 experience (which i assume is how all pets are after just being tamed), and after 10-15 min. of using the 'greet' command i checked the stats again, and the level was still 1 which i expected, but experience was still at 0. Is this slow gaining or do i need to build up trust as well for it to gain experience?
i think you have to build trust too with a brush before it starts to get exp

just tamed my first pet today out of boredom.. pet is level 1 with 0 experience (which i assume is how all pets are after just being tamed) (...)?

Pets who are tamed and dragged to a stable manually do have some trust (10%?). However if you're taming far from a stable (such as CND) and you let the pet "autostable" it will have no trust. Also, if a pets gets under 100 energy while in stable it will lost *all* trust, hence it's not that economic to give trust to a pet untill you really want to work with it (since keeping energy up while stabled, just to reatin the trust, cost nutribars, for no good at all).

"Starved" pets (without trust/energy) is therefore the most economical way to keep them, and it's also the cheapest way to buy a pet if you have a brush and enough nutribars. The option is otherwise that you talk to some trainer who has a brush, and to give your pet some trust. Unfortunately, even if you can *feed* someone elses pet, you can't brush someone elses pet, so you will have to lend out the pet deed to the brush owner to have it brushed.

Bad thing with brushing htough, is of course that brushes (aswell as beginner-level whips) are (L), and that prices vary alot, between TT and about 160%, depending on if it's the "reseller item of the week". The fact that once a brush is used up the trainer needs to get a new one at 100-200 ped will make them hestiant to brush for free (just for skilling).

How much does taming a pet actually cost for a completely noob?
(Beginner whip, decay,Nutrio,...)
And what is the cheapest way to tame an animal?

Skill

I just have one question.
What skill must i have for be able to
tame a animal ?

Strit

how much do aminal cost to buy and how much can i get for it if i sell at lvl3 ?

you also get the potential loot it carries once you tamed it, as though u'd killed it. well, at least you used to, apparently this got disabled in previous VU's, and possibly fixed it. not 100%, but i think u'r supposed to get loots...

Yes, you get loot when you tame a creature just as though you killed it. I have actually seen the same loots if not maybe a bit more than i receive when i kill the same creatures

does anyone know? Dont want to spend too much money on the wrong equipment :scratch:

I just have one question.
What skill must i have for be able to
tame a animal ?
Strit
well, i guess mainly the whip will hit into
depending on your skill level you can't tame much more than a snable male young i guess and progress over time
the whip depends on tt, since most crafters try full tt, that can be costy, say around 100 ped then
nutrio isn't that much, should be around 30 ped for 1k nutrios, which will last a while
the decay isn't that much, depends ofc, sometimes you kill the mob you try to tame, so you have to start again
say, 50 pec to 1 ped ?

how much do aminal cost to buy and how much can i get for it if i sell at lvl3 ?
depends on the animal, a snable young you get most likely at tt, while a daiki stalker should be around 50-60 ped
and how much you can get for it, well
depends on if you find anyone who wants a trained pet
i doubt there are that many ppl around, since training (skilling) is the only real thing you can do with a pet atm, except running around and feeding
so, you reach level 3 for the pet naturally anyway
things that might count, is that you sell to persons who
- use it for advertising, needs a lvl3 pet to change the name
- ppl who want a level 3 pet, and dont want to buy a brush to rise the trust

:cool:Me too! A soc member loaned me a whip and I tried again and again for daikiba young, mature, old, and provider with no luck. Found out I needed to start with a low level snable snot. My problem was my whip was too powerful and I couldn't control the hit damage 4 - 15 and had to guess. So my tip, or 2 cents is to start with a low level whip instead of breaking out the big ped or you will lose ped in the long run with lootess dead attempts. However I still did it twice so it is achieveable!:silly2:

just tamed my first pet!

It says tt is [1.4 ped / 1000ped] ,do this increase if I train it? I was thinking if I could drop the deed in my apartment, but atm the tt is to low to be droped...

:cool:...or you will lose ped in the long run with lootess dead attempts...:silly2:

does this mean that if u "accidentaly" kill a mob you're trying to tame with a whip, you don't get any loot at all? or is there still potential for loot as though it was just a nother mob on ur hunting trip?

@andy:
If you tame an animal, it loots as any other mob (so most time no loot, lol :D). What was meant above is: if you try to tame 5 times, you will just decay your whip more than if you would kill it instantly. On the other hand you get taming skills for each attempt, no matter if successful or not.

@Kujo:
The TT reflects how much nutrio bars your pet has currently "on it". Training costs additional food, so training will decrease the TT of a pet :).

If you want to place it in your apartment, you need to have 30 PEDs TT on it. So if you feed it 30 PEDs, then leave it for a month in your apartment and you want to replace it, you have to feed it again, as the TT is then below 30.

I hope, this helps a little, if not, feel free to ask (or call me on XFire :D).

Status
Back