Battle Royale

I think this should be submitted as a front page news article - yes, I know it is history now, but I think a lot of people would enjoy the read :)

I think this should be submitted as a front page news article - yes, I know it is history now, but I think a lot of people would enjoy the read :)

Agreed!

Too short so here are some more exclamation marks: !!!!!!

Agreed!

Too short so here are some more exclamation marks: !!!!!!

I second that! or third that, or, well, you know what I mean.

GREAT story, DC :thumbup:

I am thoroughly flattered by all the calls to put this up on the front page, but the distinction is that all that are calling for it didn't just read the story - they were part of it, they lived it, breathed it, every tiny choice they made created it, and hence these calls are somewhat biased.

I'll discuss the possibility with Jimmy and Skam next time I catch them online (Or in Skam's case, when someone I know that has her on FL catches her online) but although all of us that were involved had a truly unique Entropian experience, it may not appear so vividly and memorable for those that were not involved in the event itself.

However, I did get a number of plus reps from people that were not involved in the actual event on this story, and the word "Outstanding" was certainly very common, so I will bring this possibility up. After all, the story for the Battle Royale 2 is going to be very influenced on the events that took place in the original Battle Royale, and I would want every new participant to know exactly who they are up against, and what they did the first time round.

The next battle Royale story is set merely a few hours after the first one ended after all....

I am thoroughly flattered by all the calls to put this up on the front page, but the distinction is that all that are calling for it didn't just read the story - they were part of it, they lived it, breathed it, every tiny choice they made created it, and hence these calls are somewhat biased.

I'll discuss the possibility with Jimmy and Skam next time I catch them online (Or in Skam's case, when someone I know that has her on FL catches her online) but although all of us that were involved had a truly unique Entropian experience, it may not appear so vividly and memorable for those that were not involved in the event itself.

However, I did get a number of plus reps from people that were not involved in the actual event on this story, and the word "Outstanding" was certainly very common, so I will bring this possibility up. After all, the story for the Battle Royale 2 is going to be very influenced on the events that took place in the original Battle Royale, and I would want every new participant to know exactly who they are up against, and what they did the first time round.

The next battle Royale story is set merely a few hours after the first one ended after all....

I was asking Jimmy B for a front article as well. But he is very busy in RL atm.

Just wanna give you an imagination of what is possible for BR2 ... take a look at this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/fan-fiction/154039-secrets-calypso-01-a.html#post1925437

At BR2 we can do much more I guess ;) ... especially satisfy Skam by realizing a 30-page comic :D

yours ... Ulla

Well I certainly think it should go on frontpage.. but face it, I cant write that story. I won the whole thing, remember? :ahh:

Maybe you (Cat or Jamira?) could write up an article and send it to 711? :)

and on the comic book omfg :eek: Jamira, I think I love you. In a totally non-lesbian way, of course.

Yeah, like I said to Jamira, I'm a bit busy with some RL stuff and also WoF stuff at the moment, so don't want to take on any writing right now.

But it'd be nice to get this on the front-page in some form, so I've put it into a form I think we can publish, basically with a short section of the prose and then redirecting here.

No promises, but hopefully we can get it up :)

Read it back on the first day you put this out. You did a fantastic job. :)

Well I certainly think it should go on frontpage.. but face it, I cant write that story. I won the whole thing, remember? :ahh:

Maybe you (Cat or Jamira?) could write up an article and send it to 711? :)

and on the comic book omfg :eek: Jamira, I think I love you. In a totally non-lesbian way, of course.

hehe ... whats the problem whith a lesbian way, eh??

Yo ... the comic book ... it's really easy ... and great fun! Google for a software, called "Comic Life". It is amazing!

I hope to use it for a possible BR2. Not sure if it will work in such stress situations ... but we can try it ;)

:bowdown: brilliant, loving reading that. definate +rep!! still got quite a bit to read hehe will have to come back later or tomorrow :)
good call on putting it up on the front page! i hadnt seen it before that and may not have at all :yay:

Very good call putting this on the front page--I never would have read it otherwise! I'm glad I did.

That was one fun read! It put me right there in the story and kept me there.

Makes me wanna take part in the next one even if I'm not into PvP and wouldn't have the foggiest notion of what to do...

Great story Cat. Plus rep will follow, for the story and event organization :)
I hope that Ah doesn't hold a grudge against me. Sarah is actually merely a ghost now but I wouldn't like someone remember her as a cold blooded murderer. It had to be done before any other future LGs, as I was planning to aid cK during them with my newbish skills and gear. Now I can maybe cause some more lag during them only lol, so it doesn't matter anymore.
GL in EU anyway Ah, you were one of the most interesting people I've met ingame for sure :)

And I've found it interesting during the event to poke a stick in the bee hive, altough I knew most of the outcome of this. I knew it will be suicidal as well. One thing I regret was underestimating holy power of opalo, I think I would do better without Katsuichi in that particular situation.

Was that Daina trying to stop my attack on Ah? Good to know, but I think she was not wearing shogun that time. Well, the person that was there with Ah wasn't wearing any armor :) At least when I close my eyes, the picture I see on my eyelids is some F ava wearing something like bright shirt/tanktop and shorts/skirt.

Great story anyway, I enjoyed it and the event itself.

WOW, great job on the story, you didnt miss a beat..... thankx for the exciting event and for the wonderful memories...i hope i can be included in the next BR round!!! if not, there is always BR volume II :)

I hope that Ah doesn't hold a grudge against me. Sarah is actually merely a ghost now but I wouldn't like someone remember her as a cold blooded murderer. It had to be done before any other future LGs, as I was planning to aid cK during them with my newbish skills and gear. Now I can maybe cause some more lag during them only lol, so it doesn't matter anymore.
GL in EU anyway Ah, you were one of the most interesting people I've met ingame for sure :)

i can assure you sarah, im holding no grudge...when i found out you had a personal goal to take out ah, i was quite flattered, (although it wouldnt have been as exciting as you thought).... i havent seen you at hadesC nor did i see you at LG, i guess being a ghost explains it...send me a pm and let me know what happened to you/sarah....sad :( thank you for the luck,(can always use some of that) and i will take "interesting" as a compliment!!... good luck to you, and i hope to see sarah revived soon

Oh, as much as I'm sure this post will be disliked, I must say it.

I loved being in BR. I love the story Dark Cat was able to create from our actions. (Literally a case of the story writing itself.)

I would absolutely love to be a part of BR2. However...

I really don't think those that died in BR should allowed to participate in the next one. After all, we're dead, right?

How this would affect any beyond a second BR, I'm not sure. You'd obviously run out of willing participants. However, I have to assume the effort DC has to put into this is too much for more than a few at best, and likely no more than 2, especially considering the source of inspiration for all this.

Oh, as much as I'm sure this post will be disliked, I must say it.

I loved being in BR. I love the story Dark Cat was able to create from our actions. (Literally a case of the story writing itself.)

I would absolutely love to be a part of BR2. However...

I really don't think those that died in BR should allowed to participate in the next one. After all, we're dead, right?

How this would affect any beyond a second BR, I'm not sure. You'd obviously run out of willing participants. However, I have to assume the effort DC has to put into this is too much for more than a few at best, and likely no more than 2, especially considering the source of inspiration for all this.

As much as I would love to be in BR2, I would have to agree :(
Part of the fun and excitement for me was the unknown ( Ok it all got a bit much and I had a breakdown) But knowing what I know now (That Im dead :laugh: ) the whole thing would take on a different meaning I guess.

:yay:

This genre of fanfiction really saves a game for me. Definitely a story to reread at least once. I especially loved the "experiment", and the chance to watch the relative results of disparate tactics.

Before battle ensued, my money was on Cail, possibly Sorg, with Gluepot having a definite chance. I learned a lot from my first reading, hopefully more from re-readings.

Moral of the story imo:

If you are goin to pvp, be uber. And don't play with rockets in close quarters.

:laugh: Medb

Ah, I'm sure Cat will find a cunning way around that :D All you need is a pretty witch, some snakes and herbs and blood and stuff, and an evil book with some resurrection spells right? Watch out for those demons on motorbikes though.

This is why I said I could only ever do one more Battle Royale, and not a third one.

To simplify what I've got planned the MFPD's had recorded pulses having stopped before the modified fibroblasts had finished giving up on the bodies. In effect although the pulses stopped for a few seconds the bodies healed after that and re-started them. Myself and Oleg don't notice this till much later when people start regaining concious and we re-boot the system to find many (probably most) of the original 40 are still alive, but as they still have the MFPD's on we teleport them all away to the next location.
This time however, the MFPD's are set to explode, so there is no coming back.

(Still have to think how I'm gonna get round this in Gluepots case. It's possible she'll be back with just one arm if she want's to re-join again.)

I wanted to try this as I could use events that took place in the original Battle Royale to effect the outcome of the 2nd one.
I'm not even going to plan it too much until CE2 has got going, but I've had a lot of thoughts for new "back-story's" such as the exsplosives one to again help prevent it all turning into a 10 minute blood-bath.

I certainly learned a lot from the original, and there will be many changes in the 2nd one to draw it to it's conclusion.

IF I do end up doing a 3rd Battle Royale beyond that - then I'll probably do it as you suggested above and have a completely new "cast."

That was a fantastic story. When I first checked to see how long it was I figured i would read a bit and go to bed. I couldn't stop reading. Thank you Dark Cat and everyone else that participated. Really great stuff :yay:

Windzor

P.S If you are going to allow new participants, I would love to take part :silly2:

For the next Battle Royale we can have the radar switched off, that should change things :)

For the next Battle Royale we can have the radar switched off, that should change things :)

Oooh indeed :eek:
I'm excited already. :silly2:

Yeah, I was just saying to my flatmate last night that now I don't have an excuse to put off the planning of BRII anymore. :)

From what I can glean there are no new event zones, so first up I'm gonna try and join a Zychion event and work out where the borders are. My connection is huegley unreliable at the moment tho, so this might take some time.
I'll be looking into other possible venues as well, but Zychion is the most likely - there are some great hiding spots and with no radar they will actually be worth hiding in. :)

Cold feet?

I have a feeling this is a hint for me to get BR2 on the go as I know there were rumours that I had started planning it in the last half of last year.
The rumours were true, I indeed had done so, and had contacted several official people in FPC about certain requirements to creating the sequel to this original event, and also a few others with individual skills that they could bring to create a whole new storyline, and kept it all very hush-hush as I didn't want them finding out about what I asked of them from each other - the power of choice amongst doubt was one of the things that made the original so interesting.

Anyway, the deal is I've now lived with barely any internet connection for over a year, I have been in Entropia something like 15 (Usually short) times during that whole year and whenever I'm in I have so lost contact with all the new things going on that I'm honestly not in a position to be able to host an event such as this again. I don't even understand tiers yet and that was over a year ago now.

The only pro in our original organisational team was Oleg, so I leave the rights to the name "Battle Royale" to him, although he may wish to pass those to someone else as I believe he wishes to be "in the field" as it were in BR2 - but that is now officially entirely his choice.

And anyone that was in the original Battle Royale knows about the power of choice.

Dark Cat. x

The only pro in our original organisational team was Oleg, so I leave the rights to the name "Battle Royale" to him, although he may wish to pass those to someone else as I believe he wishes to be "in the field" as it were in BR2 - but that is now officially entirely his choice.

I don't think I could take it on like you could Cat. I could run the event but I couldn't do the story, which is what made the first BR so unique and engaging.

However I will gladly help you to catch up on the things you think you're missing so that you can get up to speed and feel able to make BR2 :)

If you need any help I'm happy to. I've run a similar event: Game Theory a few times.

Within the Zychion event zone beside the TP is an area that is PvP free and also has radar enabled (regardless of event settings), just a warning.

I have a feeling this is a hint for me to get BR2 on the go as I know there were rumours that I had started planning it in the last half of last year.
The rumours were true, I indeed had done so, and had contacted several official people in FPC about certain requirements to creating the sequel to this original event, and also a few others with individual skills that they could bring to create a whole new storyline, and kept it all very hush-hush as I didn't want them finding out about what I asked of them from each other - the power of choice amongst doubt was one of the things that made the original so interesting.

Anyway, the deal is I've now lived with barely any internet connection for over a year, I have been in Entropia something like 15 (Usually short) times during that whole year and whenever I'm in I have so lost contact with all the new things going on that I'm honestly not in a position to be able to host an event such as this again. I don't even understand tiers yet and that was over a year ago now.

And anyone that was in the original Battle Royale knows about the power of choice.

Dark Cat. x

It was not to rush things just fighting along side jackster and Da in the fort evnts made me think of all the great fun we had

I don't think I could take it on like you could Cat. I could run the event but I couldn't do the story, which is what made the first BR so unique and engaging.

However I will gladly help you to catch up on the things you think you're missing so that you can get up to speed and feel able to make BR2 :)

and im sure you can carry the name greatly sadly likeyou saidbthe story of the previouse event is one of a kind... your fort event i prticipated in how ever was top class and im sure you could succede with thisone as well :)

.... this thing sucks to wright with btw so blame my spellinh on this touch abd morfine

I can't help with running it as my available time is wierdly sporadic, but I can definitely offer help with story. I love coming up with story, tuning it, fine tuning it until it's good, especially in a collaborative process.

~ Medb

Dark Cat. x

So let it be the one and unique event that it was. It was epic. Probably a sequel cannot be more dramatic or more epic.
I am happy, that I was part of it. Great memories, that's for sure!

Again after all this time: Thank you Cat!

Back