Suggestion: Bazzar / fix to in game strongbox

Yoshio

Young
I think it could be a cool idea to implement a sort of "farmers market" for goods and items every month in a "meet-up" style bazzar! Entropian street market could be really cool! Also helping some less fortunate traders get in on some no fee trading of goods! The idea is based to maybe help shops, or crafter, and miners alike sell odd goods and items leftover from a week of hard grinding, and maybe find or give another player a deal on something they may need, just an idea for some more socializing. In my mind it seems good for a couple reasons,

1. socialize! Alot of people seem to have a hard time meeting people some times, and thought this could be kind of cool for newer players to be able to see wares and different items they usually wouldn't see.

2. encourage crafting!
This could be a good way to socialize and encourage crafting, swaps for different blue prints and matts, or just strait buy them.

3.Peds for strongboxes and keys
hear me out, when i say "once a month" and "in-game" strongbox, im talking about a chance to not only regulate strongboxes a bit but also give people with no way to get keys or boxes a way to get a couple, every month (in theory) at the bazzar that last lets say 5-7 days (theory) gives players the opportunity to but strongboxes and keys for them with peds, but instead of a limitless amount have a cap-out for each player, or buyers max, maybe even have a "high-roller" box that cost ten times as much or options to buy specific keys in the same way, for random boxes from events and auction house, this gives you 2 powers! The first, actually giving people a reason to visit the bazzar and the second is giving players with no ability to buy loot boxes a chance to win something and have fun from them once a month on a regulated basis. Also just to add i depo regularly, but have no way to buy boxes, food for thought

on another note could also alow a machine at the bazzar that would charge a ped price to unlock it instead of needing a key, and only offer that during the bazzar.

another option could be to offer a special in game box that is outside of the market place box loot, but maybe instead relies on how many peds people spend up to the last day of the bazzar, and have a lotto ticket that gets pulled for last day reward. Or something to this effect.

4. possible competition and streaming,

this could be a really good opportunity to talk to players face to face, mindark to Entropians about progress or issues in the game, could have a bare hands battle to the death and a leader board for it, maybe a best buy at the bazzar challenge, etc things that make people want to partake in, or at least visit the event to see whos the master.

Didnt think to hard about all this just threw in my two pennys about loot boxes but i think a huge market meet up could be really cool

The idea too would be that durring these 5-7 days anyone can buy a 24hr long booth they can set up and sell from, and every 24 hours you have to re set it up or maybe a repair option until event ends

Really like the bazzar/market idea!
Maybe these events should be up to the mall owners to arrange on their lands?
For planets without player owned malls it could be up to the planet partner.

So basically a time limited (reoccurring) event where players can rent a table (small/medium/large) for a small fee and sell their stuff?

Not sure about the strongbox/key thing though. Anyway I think it's a separate thing for a separate thread maybe?

Really like the bazzar/market idea!
Maybe these events should be up to the mall owners to arrange on their lands?

thanks! The idea is to get away from land tax so that people can trade there Peds freely, and or get minor players to be involved in some trading, but also in the long term pulling people to shops that have good booths month to month, actually think it may be better for someone outside the mall to organize it, but that's just my thought.

For planets without player owned malls it could be up to the planet partner.
One of the main things that had me thinking about this was the idea of having maybe a special trade event every couple months on different planets (maybe every two, and the cycle would give each planet one bazaar event a year or something sorta like that.) was not sure if anyone would have thought the same but also can be hard with planets that are really small or bad economys / no players BUT! also would be a good way to inspire some more travel and help people see more of the....systems. also may open up for "safe shipping" business for people trying to supply booths on other planets.

My first thought is it would be totally player ran, with no booths just people lol, or just a built in event that anyone could participate in.

So basically a time limited (reoccurring) event where players can rent a table (small/medium/large) for a small fee and sell their stuff?

the fee would only be for a booth (a terminal or vendor who sold them for like s/m/L for 5/20/50 ped, but no taxes etc. and have a timer instead that would start at 12-24hr duration, could feed it in a repair fashion to increase the duration), my idea was that it could maybe be set up in specific areas like along a road or maybe the Port Atlantis Harbor for instance and also out of the harbor and down the road, so that way there is no "maximum stalls" this would give everyone a chance to see what its like to own a small shop or stall, on a really small "noobie" sort of level and give people some idea what its like to own a shop. that was the main idea was to give some more mediocre players a chance to sell some stuff stall style for really cheap and maybe make it fun so even if your not shopping, your enjoying🎂

Not sure about the strongbox/key thing though. Anyway I think it's a separate thing for a separate thread maybe?

your right.... should have probably left this out, but i thought maybe you could kill two birds with one stone, I just wish I could open some 😢 rofl

Last edited:
Back