Be fair, buy Sweat for a good price

i would like to see a happier new player experience and player retention, but i fail to see how hoping for something thats 1 easy to get, 2 not sought after by a vast amount of players, 3 something anyone can get, should be worth more because we want it to be.

I would like my mining, crafting, and hunting loot to be worth more but if there isn't anyone buying then it just ain't going to happen.

Kosmos

i think sweat should be less and force nexus price should go up.

maybe its just me but the miners do a lot more work then the sweaters.

i dont understand why newbies hate reseller....
and its only sweat...

try ore/enmat, something you actually have to pay for the obtain, and yet there are 5+ resellers in twins buying all ore/enmat, I don't see anyone whining about them eh?

its only sweat, if u dont like it, dont do it, simple as that

well... from other hand...

old sweating system had max sweat capped at like 22 or 24, don`t remember :)
so... if people are, theoretically speaking, able to get 4 sweat max from 1 sweat attempt, sweat prices should go up through the roof, which they don`t really do.

let me do the simple math for u:
let`s say, that the old system had 20 sweat cap, which is 5 times more than it is now.
let`s say that sweat attempt has only 20!!! percent chance of returning u some sweat.

20 sweat attempts:
20%:
20% // new system: 17 sweat, old system: 34 sweat.
20% // new system: 8 sweat, old system: 21 sweat.
20% // new system: 6 sweat, old system: 47 sweat.
20% // new system: 3 sweat, old system: 53 sweat.
20% // new system: 21 sweat, old system: 21 sweat.
20% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 39 sweat.
15%:
15% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 30 sweat.
15% // new system: 4 sweat, old system: 59 sweat.
15% // new system: 8 sweat, old system: 27 sweat.
15% // new system: 10 sweat, old system: 29 sweat.
15% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 59 sweat.
15% // new system: 1 sweat, old system: 46 sweat.

we could continue w/ higher or lower percentage of return, but u can clearly see the results....

so... lets do some math again!
20%:
new sys has approximate return of 10.6
old sys has approximate return of 35.8

15%:
new: 6.8
old: 41.6

looking at those numbers its quite a surprise that 15% tempted to give more sweat in old system that 20% :) this is what we call luck or whatsoever....

so...
20%: new system should give 5 PED/1k ( old sys price ) * ~3.36, which equals to.... 16.8

forgot to add last sentence:
old system had its minus: concentration and time which u spent gathering ( pulling w/e ) sweat. so were back to our sweet 5 PED/1k

will be looking on worst scenario, so we will take 20% only.
so... let me make this clear.... fucking bullshit

:)

end of story

old sweat system gives you more in one attempt but very hard to even get a successful attempt, you loss concentration.

new sweat system gives you less in one attempt but much eaiser.

I think most people would be willing to pay a good price (likely 10 PED) for the first 1k sweat that a particular noob gathers. However these same people would not be so happy to pay the same price to someone who has been playing the game for several months, or even someone who has just produced a new avatar after playing for a long time. They would also not be happy to buy sweat from someone who has bought sweat from a new player at a very low price. The problem is that we cannot distinguish between these categories.
I would suggest that the people responsible for the "low" price of sweat are NOT the buyers but the people who refuse to deposit despite playing for a long time.
Also I am not convinced that "the price of sweat will rise when more uses for Mind Essence return". The most common use for ME has always been teleporting, as the other uses have been more expensive ways of doing things which can be done by other methods. My experience of MA is that they do not tend to introduce new things which are more economical than the current situation. I see thus no reason why sweat prices should increase.

My experience of MA is that they do not tend to introduce new things which are more economical than the current situation. I see thus no reason why sweat prices should increase.

now that will depend on how eco it is to use the new MF system. And the econess of MF will depend on price of ME. And if its eco to use, say for example, good heal chip, when ME price is no more than 170%, then... hehe, LAMO, sweat price goes dooooooooown. :yay:

of course, unless people still insist on 0.005PED rate, then poor miners.... :( nexus will suffer in the place of sweat :(

well... from other hand...

old sweating system had max sweat capped at like 22 or 24, don`t remember :)
so... if people are, theoretically speaking, able to get 4 sweat max from 1 sweat attempt, sweat prices should go up through the roof, which they don`t really do.

let me do the simple math for u:
let`s say, that the old system had 20 sweat cap, which is 5 times more than it is now.
let`s say that sweat attempt has only 20!!! percent chance of returning u some sweat.

20 sweat attempts:
20%:
20% // new system: 17 sweat, old system: 34 sweat.
20% // new system: 8 sweat, old system: 21 sweat.
20% // new system: 6 sweat, old system: 47 sweat.
20% // new system: 3 sweat, old system: 53 sweat.
20% // new system: 21 sweat, old system: 21 sweat.
20% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 39 sweat.
15%:
15% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 30 sweat.
15% // new system: 4 sweat, old system: 59 sweat.
15% // new system: 8 sweat, old system: 27 sweat.
15% // new system: 10 sweat, old system: 29 sweat.
15% // new system: 9 sweat, old system: 59 sweat.
15% // new system: 1 sweat, old system: 46 sweat.

we could continue w/ higher or lower percentage of return, but u can clearly see the results....

so... lets do some math again!
20%:
new sys has approximate return of 10.6
old sys has approximate return of 35.8

15%:
new: 6.8
old: 41.6

looking at those numbers its quite a surprise that 15% tempted to give more sweat in old system that 20% :) this is what we call luck or whatsoever....

so...
20%: new system should give 5 PED/1k ( old sys price ) * ~3.36, which equals to.... 16.8

forgot to add last sentence:
old system had its minus: concentration and time which u spent gathering ( pulling w/e ) sweat. so were back to our sweet 5 PED/1k

will be looking on worst scenario, so we will take 20% only.
so... let me make this clear.... fucking bullshit

:)

end of story

Yeah the whole of that seems like "fucking bullshit"

lets say pre v10 we got 1k sweat in an hour of very intensive sweating from an experienced player and maybe got 1 success in 10 attempts... now maybe it's more like 500 sweat per hour with maybe 5 successes in 10 attempts...what's this about approximate return?.. of what.. time.. times versus skills.?? what.. elephants?.. you should not talk of returns when it comes to sweating due it's TT value and the fact it doesn't require ANY financial investment. Success rate and max pull amount has changed and as before.. certain skills greatly affect sweating. Your percentages are crap, you make about as much sense as MY post does:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is all about giving new players a nice first experience, instead of driving them away by having them gathering sweat.

Of course there are more ways than buying at a fair (meaning AT the market value and not below) prices. But a new player has a quiet hard time. Sweating, getting to know the game, making long TP runs, etc.

So the actual suggestion about sweat is: If you need it buy it yourself for YOUR price instead of buying it from reseller. Because this drives new players away and damages the economy.

To make it short: With fair I mean the price it is worth on the market (which currently is somewhere around 5PED) and nothing more!

Maybe I should have made this clear, but I thought since I wrote "Be fair, buy Sweat for a good price" and not "Buy sweat above the market price" this would be clear. :D

Um... I think we actually disagree... what Im saying is buy sweat at the price the buyer wants to pay.... not what the "sweat police" have setup... Sweat is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to sell at.... if thats 5ped/5000 then great... if thats 4ped/5000 then thats great to... its up to both to agree....

What I hate is people calling those who pay less... yes maybe resellers... scammers... or taking advantage of noobs... If I tried with any other product people would call me a idiot... and ignore me.... yet for sweat were allowed to all agree to a set price... which is dumb...

On the other hand as Nihilist (sp?) pointed out... miners are taking their chances with PED... getting the Force Nexus for the ME.... and Force Nexus should be worth more....

ME price is driven by demand and cost of goods.... in a reality where their is surplus... ME price should be dropping... which is good for everyone in the end... more ME usage at cheaper rates makes everyone happy... except the sweaters who are being told they are being scammed because like everyone else have to adapt to the price droppings....

An other possibility is that there is a limit of sweat you can get per day, but I guess this would result in multi-accounts. Well, maybe one should simply suggest new players to run (walk ;)) for fruits. Not sure, if this allows you to make more money, but you could search for TPs while doing this, which is good for later gameplay.

Maybe the MF-update solves a lot of problems for miners and sweaters alike. I also hated the low markup for force nexus, that's why I am currently trying out various other professions.

I just want more players. It's so boring without any people anywhere. Only sweating ground and twin peaks is always full of people. Would be nice to have more people in other big cities too. More in-city activities would be cool. Something you can do as a group of players. Like a mission, where you hunt down criminals or something like that. Want to see more players. Yeah, there are events, but most of them are a bit monotonous.

Last edited:
Sweat will remain low when MF does come back anyways.... its got far to much supply for its demand.... MF isn't the cheapest thing to use to heal or kill things and its good for users when price of sweat and FN does come down.... sweat use to be .5 and its been tried to maintained at that price for last year that Ive been around... then it dropped like a rock during the Argus or Argo border abuse thing that everyone did... then sweat went up after Cryengine... and now it seems to float at what it use to .4 - .5

IMO sweating is a waste of time if your aim is to get some peds.
Its only useful to get a hang of the game and for some skills and if you like to sweat.

If you need peds, a part time job can easily get 50 peds an hour. You just have to work for a day for probably a month's worth of sweating. lol. Depo is the way to go :D

IMO sweating is a waste of time if your aim is to get some peds.
Its only useful to get a hang of the game and for some skills and if you like to sweat.

If you need peds, a part time job can easily get 50 peds an hour. You just have to work for a day for probably a month's worth of sweating. lol. Depo is the way to go :D

Sweating is a waste of time if you live in a modern country... if you live in a 3rd world country then you might be able to argue its not so bad.... if you consider that many jobs pay maybe $4-$10 a day for like 10hr shift.

I'm guessing if you had to work 10 hours for a $4-$10 pay you probably can't afford to play EU on a computer :/

I'm guessing if you had to work 10 hours for a $4-$10 pay you probably can't afford to play EU on a computer :/

Not neccesarily.... standard of living in the countries is much lower also :)....

But ya... I agree with your original comment.... dont know why people sweat for so long... either they enjoy it... or they are so cheap they dont want to put $10 in.... or they are just against paying to play.

even if MF comes back the low prices mean more ppl wil use ME.

healing with healchip will be cheaper and ppl do it more creating a bigger market.
same goes for the hunting chips and all other future unknown chips

if prices go higher which seem fairer for sweater then the market will shrink because ppl find it too expensive to use thus creating a even worse scenerio.

nah 5 ped is good and if you really want more MF users lower the prices of nexus.

just my two pec

Back