Question: Beacon Missions

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Hey Mindark,

For the longest time beacon missions were my favourite activity in game and a favourite activity of societies and teams in game as a group activity. They were both challenging in terms of skills/gear to do the higher end missions as well as challenging in terms of coordination to get the beacon completed in time and then find and loot all the boxes spread throughout the beacon from start to finish.

However with the introduction of loot 2.0, beacon loot has been horribly broken, with 85% average tt returns, and all of the beacon specific components no longer drop which were required for lots of crafting recipes as well as development of land plots. Before loot 2.0 you would have tons of terrible tt return runs, but you would at least have the chance to get a multiplier on the beacon and were rewarded with extra loot. In loot 2.0 you still get the message that you would receive extra loot when you enter, but upon completion you do not get anything. This means there is a huge amount of PED wasted by participants running beacon missions without a chance of payback and has been broken for 3 years, 4 months and 7 days (Yes, there have been multiple support cases throughout this period). Finally, loot when teaming beacons is still split by damage done, and not based on cost spent by players like EVERY other activity in game. This makes teaming with some players using old school lower dpp weapons and some using new loot 2.0 high dpp weapons very unbalanced in terms of loot received at the end.

There have also been many non loot related changes in this time. The aggro on most creatures in beacons has been reduced to 0, making it easier to run beacons without a team or any coordination. Storage boxes have also been moved from throughout the beacon to exclusively in the boss room, requiring 0 skill or coordination to loot the beacon, which was a large portion of the fun and challenge. Checkpoints have also been revamped for the boss room, spawning dead players right back at the boss and not requiring them to run back to help kill the boss.

What is Mindarks plan to return the challenge and coordination required that made beacon missions so much fun, as well as what is your timeline on when we could see all the issues with loot on beacons fixed?

Thank you very much!

• Hi Hijacker27. Our short-term plan is to rebalance the Beacon missions to better fit with other aspects of the universe and economy. Our longer-term goal is to restore Beacon missions to their former glory as a special part of the unique Calypso lore.
- Justin Sorell

Just joined after a long break and I wonder if anything has improved since this post?

Will the fix for the beacon missions also be applied to all other instances? They all have the problem of no chance at multipliers and the "your reward has increased" not working at all.

• Hi Hijacker27. Our short-term plan is to rebalance the Beacon missions to better fit with other aspects of the universe and economy. Our longer-term goal is to restore Beacon missions to their former glory as a special part of the unique Calypso lore.
- Justin Sorell
Hi My, happy holidays.

Any news regarding beacons?

Its been over a year now and I want to use my beacons. But, since your post, it feels incredibly stupid for me to use them when I know they will be improved.

Thanks for understanding.

Back