Become an Emissary for Entropia Universe

On the top right corner of one of the spam posts, click to get the drop down menu and choose block all posts from Entropia Universe.

Fascinating...

If current players are already blocking the EU advertising, what hope is there for reaching non-players?!?

:scratch2:

The interesting things in this app may be the infos in the "communique" - tab. Thats what makes this app interesting for me. Or did you know something about a "Zombie Proof House" or a diamond-planet? I'm looking forward to more of those stories, may they be directly connected to EU or not.

Do we have to create a Facebook account for our avatar? :eyecrazy:

The app seem to work on my RL Facebook, but nothing asked me for my Entropia avatar name.
And even if my RL name is not very "standard", there is a lot with the same name than me.

The way I see it, anybody can activate the app. No need of Entropia account at all.
WTF ??

Geez do you expect it to work right after its been announced? It has to go through months of tweaking first to get the bugs out.:smoke:

Last edited:
Fascinating...

If current players are already blocking the EU advertising, what hope is there for reaching non-players?!?

:scratch2:

Not much.
Don't get me wrong, I think alot could be gained from social networking, but spamming the hell out of people just pisses them off...look at the amount of people just in this thread who have commented on all the zynga, and other app spam they recieve. Last night after I arrived home from work, I fired up FB, and the first 5-6 posts on my wall was this app. It got blocked shortly after.
Sunny's post was the best out of all the pages. He understands how social networking works.

You know how social media works??? ... I'll tell you how ... I go to a restaurant and have a great meal ... I PRAISE the shit outa that restaurant to my fb friends and they try it out. Downside.... I go to a restaurant have a not so nice meal... I tell that to my fb friends and then they tell that to ALL their friends.

I however, do think it is an awesome idea but it will only work when you have the entire community pushing it with pride not a select few.

Thanks
Sunny

I used to have Entropia linked to my account, but the constant spamming my friends that don't play/don't care with my skill gains, and global and hof's convinced me to remove it.
I like the basic idea , but it's doomed to failure in the way it's been executed, imo.

I used to have Entropia linked to my account, but the constant spamming my friends that don't play/don't care with my skill gains, and global and hof's convinced me to remove it.
I like the basic idea , but it's doomed to failure in the way it's been executed, imo.

Then you don't know that on entropia universe site you can customize all the options for amount of ped that start to show up (even if is a low hof), lvl ups, achiev, hof tier, discov, etc.

Put a minimum of 300/500 to showup on FB, remove achiev., lvl ups and missions finished, so they don't show up and it will be much less annoying to your FB friends. But yes without those modification it could be realy annoying, just imagine a run crafting lvl 2 amps.

Then you don't know that on entropia universe site you can customize all the options for amount of ped that start to show up (even if is a low hof), lvl ups, achiev, hof tier, discov, etc.

Put a minimum of 300/500 to showup on FB, remove achiev., lvl ups and missions finished, so they don't show up and it will be much less annoying to your FB friends. But yes without those modification it could be realy annoying, just imagine a run crafting lvl 2 amps.

lol, wrong. I tried different combo's, but thanks for being so arrogant to suggest i'm dumb enough not to know that.:rolleyes: I simply didn't think anyone needed to know nor would care wtf I was doing in EU. Judging from the feedback I recieved the only people that even kinda gave half a fuck were other entropians. I think most of them were just being polite. :D

If you feel the need to announce that you just did "anything" in Entropia Universe" bully for you...Maybe you need the ego boost. I don't. And I'm sure never going to advertise for them.

But hey, go ahead and spam peoples page with this crap...what do I care....:laugh:

Last edited:
I simply didn't think anyone needed to know nor would care wtf I was doing in EU. Judging from the feedback I recieved the only people that even kinda gave half a fuck were other entropians.

When I actually used FB for a short time a year or two ago, I actually ignored people I knew because I got spam shit from them about... Farmvillle. :rolleyes:

Spend the budget the player base of this game pretty much paid for on better advertising than spam. No one likes spam on social networking, try a few magazines or something. I would rather see many subtle advertisements in numerous types of media than spam from one.

For the record I turned off the facebook application thing annoyed the crap out family/friends every time I globaled, I have entropia tracker for that.

Only good that came out of this was Steve helping me lose the rest of the spam i get on facebook :) thanks Steve

To don't want the RL friends know about your entropia playing is one thing. I don't care for that a big portion of mine know it anyway. lol

Now if you try this kind of configuration for Entropia Universe application I guarantee you that will be very hard to spam on FB. (for one month and a half here without a single post and playing almost daily)

Now for Entropia Emissary the story is other. If you realy want to gain the most possible points then yes, you will spam a bit all over the feed. Those post may also be deleted manually, maybe only left a few of interest (like i did).

I like the idea of a facebook app, but so far I don't like the way this one is playing out. I'm one of those jerks that sometimes spams the zynga posts when I'm bored or broke in entropia. So, any more spam and i'm sure i'll be friendless. I try to be very conscientious of the spam i do post and try not to bother those who don't play the games. I couldn't download this app because of that, i don't like the idea of somebody posting on my behalf. If what you have on the app is good or fun enough to post, than i'll post it, i don't see why it is necessary for them to take that choice away from you.

I am however interested in what the app entails. I was hoping it would be something to do with mini games, where you can earn pec, or even just mini games that award sweat...or something. but apparently it's just a recruiting tool? That you earn rewards for the amount of people you recruit? That doesn't sound very fun or exciting. It looks annoying, and reminds me of those damn pyramid scam businesses that try to get you to recruit people to buy services they absolutely don't need.

I would very much appreciate it if somebody were to take screenies of this app, maybe a walk-thru? Just so people can see what they are getting themselves into.

*side note* In my perfect world I always thought it would be cool if Entropia came out with a facebook app ccg, with cards that you can trade in the ingame auction or something. A game like Warstorm, or even Urban Rivals comes to mind. I mean, each planet could have their own boosters with particular mobs, and i can see so much potential in this idea... or it's just an oldschool ccg nerd fantasy :) Just think of all the items, land areas, mobs... I see the potential, maybe even make those achievements ingame worthwhile by awarding a card. If the minigames are worthy enough, people will spam all over the place just to get those extra little achievements/cards/whatever.

I played the facebook/zynga game mafia wars for a while, not a very good game but still i went on there a few times a day and did shit to waste my time.
What happened after was what made me quit the game, mafia wars figured out this great way to force there game on others by u having to spam your wall if u wanted free items etc.
Now this is were i uninstalled Mafia wars and i have already blocked the entropia app to my facebook, when i need to spam other people with my game just to get these bonus items. Meaning im forced to spam if i want to get the same stuff as others get.
I don't mind advertising entropia i do it often as much as i can what i don't like is feeling forced to do it. So yeah in conclusion i think it sux and i feel entropia has lost once again a little of its charm.

/Gunz

I played the facebook/zynga game mafia wars for a while, not a very good game but still i went on there a few times a day and did shit to waste my time.
What happened after was what made me quit the game, mafia wars figured out this great way to force there game on others by u having to spam your wall if u wanted free items etc.
Now this is were i uninstalled Mafia wars and i have already blocked the entropia app to my facebook, when i need to spam other people with my game just to get these bonus items. Meaning im forced to spam if i want to get the same stuff as others get.
I don't mind advertising entropia i do it often as much as i can what i don't like is feeling forced to do it. So yeah in conclusion i think it sux and i feel entropia has lost once again a little of its charm.

/Gunz

Agreed, why can't MA just do some tv advertising?

Rgds

Ace

1) Is the link between your facebook account and EU account (needed to redeem item) 100% private?

2) I accidentally removed the app from my apps in the Facebook menu, how do I re-add it? I can't seem to do so from the Emissary page, and Facebook is the most difficult site to navigate I've ever seen.

Ok we can all conclude there is no research into the target market. Entropia Universe is a game with an image that does not or rather, should not go along with FB spamming. It already has a tainted enough image to the gaming community. We do not add another reason for them to hate it.

Please firstly decide on how you would like the game to be represented and build around it rather than pooping out anything and everything. People who are interested in any free items they get from spamming facebook messages do not go in line with the general attitude of those that stay long-term.

Sincerely,
Creative Marketing 101

Sorry, let me get this right ....

1. We pay to play
  2. we pay for the loots and markups
  3. .... And now WE do the advertising for MA.

You got an AWESOME thing going on there MA.

2.5 you sponsored this campaign thru CLDs
(..and since you were "smart" enough to do it, why not to go a bit further and do 3...)

2.5 you sponsored this campaign thru CLDs
(..and since you were "smart" enough to do it, why not to go a bit further and do 3...)

Actually this campaign isn't funded by CLD Money.
Socialtype (the people working with MA in this) have been working closely with MA for 6 months if I remember correctly so they aren't on the CLD Advert Money payroll but a different one.

Actually this campaign isn't funded by CLD Money.
Socialtype (the people working with MA in this) have been working closely with MA for 6 months if I remember correctly so they aren't on the CLD Advert Money payroll but a different one.

LMAO, how do you know?

CLD Advert Money payroll?!?!? :lolup:

MindArk could be using the CLD income to pay (or "cover") expenses already incurred for any number of things for "development", including social media spamming. :wise:

LMAO, how do you know?

MindArk could be using the CLD income to pay (or "cover") expenses already incurred for any number of things for "development", including social media spamming. :wise:

Posted by Bjorn/Mindark on EF: Emissary Program on Facebook to Launch April 10, 2012

Work on the Entropia Emissary program was started before the Calypso Land Deeds were offered, and is not funded by the proceeds from the deeds.

LMAO, how do you know?

I read posts on Entropia Forum, and Serica kindly went through the trouble of finding the quote.

I read posts on Entropia Forum, and Serica kindly went through the trouble of finding the quote.

Ahhh, yes... the "other" forum.

Thanks for finding the quote Serica, but I don't believe it. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, yes... the "other" forum.

Thanks for finding the quote Serica, but I don't believe it. :rolleyes:

"The banana says it can be peeled. I do not believe so!"

You were faulting the fact no one said so. Not whether it will be done or not.

Chinese saying: Falling down and picking a handful of sand as an excuse

"The banana says it can be peeled. I do not believe so!"

You were faulting the fact no one said so. Not whether it will be done or not.

Chinese saying: Falling down and picking a handful of sand as an excuse

:banana:

I was questioning why Ze-TR made his statement, and I thanked Serica for the source. (I don't visit the other forum any longer, nor do I intend to). I didn't "fault" anyone for anything.

As far as statements from MA are concerned...

Chinese saying: One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice porridge.

:banana:

I was questioning why Ze-TR made his statement, and I thanked Serica for the source. (I don't visit the other forum any longer, nor do I intend to). I didn't "fault" anyone for anything.

As far as statements from MA are concerned...

Chinese saying: One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice porridge.

I apologise for my misinterpretation

Only good that came out of this was Steve helping me lose the rest of the spam i get on facebook :) thanks Steve

Most welcome mate...nobody likes getting spammed with useless crap on facebook. ;)

Ok I became an emmisary...So, how does MA know which is my avatar...Do they guess from names?? My avatar isn't attached to facebook ...How does one do that?...The link on the entropia universe website doesn't work for me to attach it so I can see my globals on facebook..

Ok I became an emmisary...So, how does MA know which is my avatar...Do they guess from names?? My avatar isn't attached to facebook ...How does one do that?...The link on the entropia universe website doesn't work for me to attach it so I can see my globals on facebook..

When you buy smth with those points, they send u a code which u can use in EU to get ya reward.

Back