Beer Brewing

heineken

Prowler
Society
Irken Invaders
Adam WantsSome Beer
I just brewed my first batch of beer, an Irish Red Ale that came with my starting equipment kit. Wow, very nice.

Just wondering if anyone else here brews there on beer. Obviously by my name, my favorite beer is heineken :)

yeah i brew beer and wine..

wine i go all the way(from grape to wine), but for beer i just buy the "already filled canned" ones.

And my favorite beer is also Dutch: Grolsch

Cool, how long have you been doing it?

I am brewing my second batch this weekend...a bavarian wheat..cant wait.

I have to be honest... I've always been intrigued as to how long that takes and whats involved... I may have to google it and give it a whirl :D

I did however "help" someone make some wine before (for like an hour) does that count? :p

Rip

sure does..

beer is actually quite fast... google it...

I have to be honest... I've always been intrigued as to how long that takes and whats involved... I may have to google it and give it a whirl :D

Hmm, Im thinking same lol, might be quite interesting, or very messy, and not worth the bother as beer is in-fact rather cheap in Britain.

Also, home brew may be a bit strong for me :scratch2:

Might be fun to try though! :D

my socmate gix makes his own cider 10 %

gonna get to sample it soon aswell :wtg:

gratz on the beer nothing like enjoing the fruits of your labour :cool:

Cool, how long have you been doing it?

I am brewing my second batch this weekend...a bavarian wheat..cant wait.

nice , would that be a white beer like hoegaarden or oberon or something ?

I have toyed around a bit with brewing; haven't done wimemaking, yet.

Don't have 1 favorite beer, tends to change. But I do have a favorite style: IPA!!!!! (Some fine examples would be Stone Ruination, Deschutes Inversion, & Sierra Nevada Celebration).

The hoppier the better. :D

I just brewed my first batch of beer, an Irish Red Ale that came with my starting equipment kit. Wow, very nice.

Just wondering if anyone else here brews there on beer. Obviously by my name, my favorite beer is heineken :)

how did you brew it?

i see kits for this all the time.

it looks interesting and most likely tastes fresher than other beers.

I make my own pickled eggs and pickled onions, which is also a process of fermentation. I dont drink the vinegar afterwards, but i do save it for putting on my fish and chips though:)

I also brew, mostly mead and some beers.

It's easy to do, basically all you have to do is be able to keep things clean and boil some water. LOL

Good starter info:

Mead Made Easy:
http://davespicks.com/writing/mme/contents.html

Beer brewing info:
http://www.brewingusa.com/brewu_beg_1.asp

This particular page is more "scratch built" beer. For beginners I'd recommend using a pre-hopped kit, such as the stuff Coopers makes. Just boil water, add coopers, let cool a bit, add yeast, ferment a week or so, bottle, wait a week (more is better, but noobs are so impatient!) for carbonation, and enjoy!

For suppplies, simly google "homebrew" and your geographic area, something is bound to pop up.

Cheers!

AG

Nice Alpha..

I order my supplies from midwestsupplies.com

I jsut made my 2nd brew last night, a bavarian wheat beer, smelled really good while boiling.

Back