Beginning to panic right now

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
Hi,

So here it is:

I updated EU with 9.1 (or 9.1.1) or whatever the latest VU is.

Everything went smoothly.

1) Now, I click Launch (no more writing username + pass in CL).
2) EU asks for username and password - I enter those
3) EU asks for security number - I enter it
4) Authorising...Authorising...Authorising (around 1 min)
5) A screen pops up: CONNECTION LOST TO EU, TRY LATER, IF PERSISTS - CONTACT SUPPORT (standard connection lost message)
6) Support contacted
7) Problem remains - still no reply

Am I alone? Anyone else facing the same problem? Did you manage to fix it :confused:

And I should be ingame cutting needy avatars some hair :(

I.

Edit: I updated yesterday evening like many of us... a.s.a.p. waited patiently for data dripping 5 kbit/s... just to know how long Im waiting

you are aware that the enter key in the numeric keypad does not work anymore, aren't you??
now you must click on the "accept" button, or hit the normal enter key after the security code.

i just say it because it happened to me yesterday; it looks like it is actually validating the code but in reality it is waiting for you to press "enter" :hammer:

Last edited:
There were two temp map files that used to cause similar problem, search around EF or maybe someone reads this and tells you their exact location.

Its not enter key... and I can not find this issue anywhere in search :(

Thank you guys for quick replys... is there anyone with a solution?

I.

I had that problem yesterday several times, at one point it worked. Today all good. So basically I put it to a non-client-side issue.

Its either a client side or they banned me/my IP/my country or something...

I dont believe in the ban since I did nothing wrong :confused:

Got a PM about trying to see my firewall - did that, even whitelisted EU... no do.

Any more ideas?

I.

Nope, not AVG

Always after an update, the firewall/security suite ask a permission for the new version.
As long as it don't get an answer from you, EU will not connect.

Try to lauch EU in windows mode, and check for a pop-up from your firewall.

Hope it help.

Hi,

So here it is:

I updated EU with 9.1 (or 9.1.1) or whatever the latest VU is.

Everything went smoothly.

1) Now, I click Launch (no more writing username + pass in CL).
2) EU asks for username and password - I enter those
3) EU asks for security number - I enter it
4) Authorising...Authorising...Authorising (around 1 min)
5) A screen pops up: CONNECTION LOST TO EU, TRY LATER, IF PERSISTS - CONTACT SUPPORT (standard connection lost message)
6) Support contacted
7) Problem remains - still no reply

Am I alone? Anyone else facing the same problem? Did you manage to fix it :confused:

And I should be ingame cutting needy avatars some hair :(

I.

Edit: I updated yesterday evening like many of us... a.s.a.p. waited patiently for data dripping 5 kbit/s... just to know how long Im waiting

Hmm...
First 4 steps, done the same, then "avatar already logged in
" message for the last 1h now (at least)...if i contact support i might log in 3-4 days now, anyone else havin` this?

P.S.:Not too offtopic since i got the friggin conn lost too couple times earlier i think...

CL downloadad something - but STILL NO GO :mad:

Any more ideas?

I.

Might not help.. but can't hurt to try running eu in a different windows mode then what your currently running. I run in windows 2000 mode since it seems to be much more stable for me.

Also if you haven't tried yet, login to your admin account for your os and see if you can connect from that login.

SpikE

I have noticed that when you enter your username/password, you can either click the 'Submit' button with your mouse, or you can use the enter button on your keyboard.

However, on the screen where you enter the gold card number, you must click the 'Submit' button with your mouse, the enter/return key will not work.

For troubleshooting, make sure that you use the mouse pointer to submit on both screens.

Mouse pointed and clicking - no enter key - still nothing... this is starting to annoy me :mad::mad::mad:

How long it usually takes official support to answer :scratch2:

However, thanks everyone, aditional ideas are welcome, if ayone knows something about the prevoiusly mentioned temp files pls do post...

I.

Hey

Me and My wife had similar difficulties few VU's ago.
Either "lost conn.." or "ava allready logged in..." again again and again :eek:
Then we managed to fix it as simple as dropping connection speed to 128kbit or so, after that EU started to work nice again.
After a while upped conn speed to 512kbit and left there to stay ;) (even when on 10Mbit conn)

Client seemed to choak at the point of connection made to servers.

-Zap

P.S. Temp files can be found here:
C:\Program Files\MindArk\Entropia Universe\Data\Cache
You can safely delete all files in that cache folder, but dont think thats the issue here...

Last edited:
However, on the screen where you enter the gold card number, you must click the 'Submit' button with your mouse, the enter/return key will not work.

It is only the enter key in the numeric keypad which does not work anymore. The enter key in the alphabetic keypad still works ok.

And didn't see it mentioned but if your on a router.. have you tried bypassing your router and see if it is a port issue with the new vu?

Hey

Me and My wife had similar difficulties few VU's ago.
Either "lost conn.." or "ava allready logged in..." again again and again :eek:
Then we managed to fix it as simple as dropping connection speed to 128kbit or so, after that EU started to work nice again.
After a while upped conn speed to 512kbit and left there to stay ;) (even when on 10Mbit conn)

Client seemed to choak at the point of connection made to servers.

-Zap

P.S. Temp files can be found here:
C:\Program Files\MindArk\Entropia Universe\Data\Cache
You can safely delete all files in that cache folder, but dont think thats the issue here...

OMFG

THIS DID THE TRICK :yay:

Im stunned about this resolution - seems like repairing a leaking gas tank with a blowtorch :mad: Nice to know.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL.

I.

Ehem - when were you able to return to normal speed?

Ok all participants in thread +reped

Problem patched but not solved :mad:

EU works for me now - but at 128 kbitps

Lets now just rant about stupid update bugs :laugh:

I.

Yea, totally cool that it was this simple solution, hopefully you and other readers will pass this info around after VU's to come ;)

Ehem - when were you able to return to normal speed?

You will see... Just test it out. You will find the best setting for you. Conn speed setting effect in loading times of moving objects and other avas etc.
We are using 512kbit setting with 8/1Mbit dsl and seems to be best setting for us :ahh:

Regards
Zap

Back