Belgium team post here.

Well, with all due respect for a great event, but the Judges' decision was pure BS. I applied in the WoF topic, maybe not perfectly, but I did. My unavailability was pointed at the schedule for Round One. The Second Round wasn't planned yet. So Hurrikane could atleast have included me in the substitutes listing for further rounds :rolleyes:

Second, my situation was not comparable with that of Neomaven, as he didn't show any interest in the topic. How can he then end up in the USA team list without any post at all ? I grant him the pleasure, but if they make such kind of exception for him, they could have also made an exception in my case,
as I did wanted to enter.

------------

Anyway, I hope the BE squad is scoring some decent points, and my sincere apologies I needed to quit team and couldn't help further.

Well, with all due respect for a great event, but the Judges' decision was pure BS. I applied in the WoF topic, maybe not perfectly, but I did. My unavailability was pointed at the schedule for Round One. The Second Round wasn't planned yet. So Hurrikane could atleast have included me in the substitutes listing for further rounds :rolleyes:

Second, my situation was not comparable with that of Neomaven, as he didn't show any interest in the topic. How can he then end up in the USA team list without any post at all ? I grant him the pleasure, but if they make such kind of exception for him, they could have also made an exception in my case,
as I did wanted to enter.

------------

Anyway, I hope the BE squad is scoring some decent points, and my sincere apologies I needed to quit team and couldn't help further.

I do agree with you here.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=688032#post688032

this was your post and I got the message from the judge that our globals woudn't count if you where in our team. Because the post did not count as ennrollment.

I also checked the thread and indeed there was no post at all from Neomaven for enrollent at all! Adn still it seems the globals of the team did count....
I'm not pointing at Neomaven at all here, but I do think some ppl get other threatement then others...

Last time we need to hunt with 3 because someone was to late and cound't join anymore.
This time we were only with 2 left becuase Psychnosiz needed to leave the team, and Nexia crashed. adn coudn't rejoin the team anymore.

I totally respect the descisions of the judges, but I would like to see all rules apply the same for everyone. :(

Neomaven didn't compete as the US team was apparently aware that you should be in the registered players list min. 24 hours before the event. So they shouldn't be penalized. However ...

Hurrikane said:
Substitutes cannot hunt unless Main Team members have dropped out of the Tournament, creating spaces in the Main Team. When this happens, Substitutes move into the Main Team in the order they signed.
... Neomaven joined the last (in a full team :rolleyes: ) and already is a Main Team member instead of a substitute ... First Come, First Served ? lmao (again!)

If a Substitute is called in for a hunt, it should be PM'ed 24hrs in advance.
IMO, the purpose of substitutes is just that they are available within the last 24hrs in case a Main Member would fall out. And all hunts would be a fair 4 to 4 event.

If anyone knows these two avatars and wishes to vouch for their existence and/or decision to sign up, I'll add them.
some other disputable favor ... :rolleyes:

I'm terribly p*ssed for this, If Hurrikane would have told me he overlooked my post or forgot to add me or whatever, then I would be able to accept it. But this way those judges can kiss my2pecs :laugh:

Neomaven didn't compete as the US team was apparently aware that you should be in the registered players list min. 24 hours before the event. So they shouldn't be penalized. However ...

... Neomaven joined the last (in a full team :rolleyes: ) and already is a Main Team member instead of a substitute ... First Come, First Served ? lmao (again!)

If a Substitute is called in for a hunt, it should be PM'ed 24hrs in advance.
IMO, the purpose of substitutes is just that they are available within the last 24hrs in case a Main Member would fall out. And all hunts would be a fair 4 to 4 event.

some other disputable favor ... :rolleyes:

I'm terribly p*ssed for this, If Hurrikane would have told me he overlooked my post or forgot to add me or whatever, then I would be able to accept it. But this way those judges can kiss my2pecs :laugh:

Neomaven is in the USA main team because I was informed either by PM or on the Hunt For Your Country Thread that members had left, enough to move him to his current position. The last of these changes occurred 2 hours too late for him to be able to play on Saturday, all Main Team changes of this type requiring 24 hours notice. There has been NO foul play by USA (just in case anyone thought differently), I merely used this as an example of how the rules affect everyone.

The "disputable favour" you uninformedly bring up is merely my asking for verification that 2 particular avatars had themselves applied; both had names known to me, but had used their first ever post on EF to apply (such was their desire to be included), which initially made me think they were not for real. As it was, both were indeed for real and have gone on to great things in their teams.

The Main thread has a link to the Hunt For Your Country Thread, and the Hunt For Your Country Thread is the only place, other than PM's, that I accept a signing from. Not the Team Threads. The Team List is updated most days, from looking at PM's and checking the Hunt For Your Country thread. Your name never appeared for Belgium. Your team may have neglected to tell you this, or it may not have been apparent for you, but the vast majority of players have had little problem there.

If you did send a PM and I missed it, then that is different; I will of course then have to find some way of making up for you being dropped from the team, as well as apologising for my slackness. This might be the case; I have 480 PM's at the moment. Please let me know if I gotta check 'em all again, mistakes can happen.

The Substitute rules are mostly a safeguard for those who signed earliest, (before they knew of any prize), allowing them more chance to prove themselves through hunting in the early stages before being pushed aside by stronger players who signed later (which most teams will have happen); everyone who wants to should have a go. Those who signed first get to go first, those who signed later get the chance to go later. If the team doesn't do well because of the order people signed up, or the way the team has used it's available players, it is not the fault of Rules.

I hope all this is clear, and thank you for your gentlemanly conduct throughout the incident in-game. There have been a few rule disputes, but none have yet been broken. As this is the first time this has happened (you think I read a book on "How to Run an International Event"?) all I can ask is that Teams do all they can to let their members know the Rules, which for the most part will NOT change now. There are a lot of them, I needed safe-guards against all I could think of and more, and needed to be fair.

The only change I have so far allowed was to let Subs play and Teams be more flexible, for sorting out and evaluating the best Team to go through to Stage 4. This only happens in Stage 3. This was to ensure only those who deserved the prizes got them, yet those who wanted to prove themselves still had the chance. From Stage 4 teams can only then be filled, and it is up to Team Captains to ensure they have the best possible 12 for the Final. As the prizes were new, it needed a new rule.

Any further queries let me know, preferably after the Final; next year will need ALL your help in making it the event that, for some, this one apparently isn't.

Hurrikane.

Don't sweat it, you have setup a great event, otherwise I wouldn't care. I'm not gonna dispute eventual perceptions further, as it's useless now anyway. I do find your reply - and the time spend - most respectable so for next year I would gladly help you out on rules&related issues.

Just one last thing (actually two):
- Rules are never supposed to be more then mere guidelines. If all RL and Virtual rules and EULA's should be induced to the hardest level, every last universe we know would be a prison. It are the exceptions which define the rules, and decisions should always be made in favor of FUN.
+ Victories never taste as sweet if you've battled a crippled Team.

- Why haven't you included me meanwhile ? I can 100% understand if my team kicks me :) but after spending this much time you might as well just added me to the list.

GL and enjoy leading this event to a Great final ;)

Hello Team Belgium.

Your Opponents in Round 3 next weekend will be Austria.

Please confer and confirm with them and PM me your preferred Start Time from the following;

Saturday 31st March: 10:00

Saturday 31st March: 14:00

Saturday 31st March: 18:00

Sunday 1st April: 12:00

Sunday 1st April: 16:00

Sunday 1st April: 20:00

Don't think I need to tell you; this round really counts:)

Hurrikane

P.s, I haven't signed you up because I haven't updated the team list yet... did you apply?:)

i doubt we'd be in such a crapposition atm if we didnt have to play with 3 and 2 players both times

What are the mobs for the next hunt?
I'll try to be there even if just as backup, since that seems to be necessary.

hyriuu calamusoid umbra & warriors

- Rules are never supposed to be more then mere guidelines.

This is clearly not the way to be thinking when running a legitimate event.

- Why haven't you included me meanwhile ? you might as well just added me to the list.

You still haven't actually posted in Hunt For Your Country, or PM'd me, to say you want to join. Your original post stated that "You'd like to join but..." which I didn't take as definite. I have a lot to do here and can't spend time deciphering every team threads random chat in case one of 200+ players seems to think he's signed when he hasn't. As you're still going on about it, I've now added you, welcome to your Team. If you find this uncomfortably against the Rules please let me know and I'll remove you.:)

Hurrikane

Hi Belgium

Our Team would prefer a Sunday Start Time ...
How about you ?

regards

Zapforker

i rather have saturday

This seems to be a nice start time ... good for globals too i guess ;)

*kiss ya all good luck and many globals & hofs on saterday :cheer:

btw, am I in the reserves or not :scratch2: haven't kept track on it (am a little chaotic)

If you ever need me, even only to rub me for luck, just give me a sign:yay:

This seems to be a nice start time ... good for globals too i guess ;)

Can we confirm this Time to hurricane !!?? :scratch2:

Anyone can confirm ???

hi folks
well i could be there saterday 18.00 or sunday same time if needed pls contact asap .
hope things turn out better then last week

Hi this is a note to all teams, I apologise for it's impersonal nature but I gotta sleep soon and I want a smooth weekend's Judging:))

A Reminder;

All Teams are still under the Current Rules which forbid Subs from playing unless they have moved into the Main Team.

All members who wish to leave Teams to move up their Subs can re-apply should their team get through to Stage 3 after this next weekend.

All members who wish to leave Teams for any reason should post in the Hunt for your Country Thread or PM me.

The Team List is checked and printed out in the 24 Hours before each hunt. If your name isn't on it, you don't hunt.

Check it to see if you're on it (The 1st post in Hunt For Your Country) and sort out anything you need to before it needs to be printed.

This has been issued to combat any confusion over the new Rules that are on their way in Stage 3: some mistook this for Round 3.

Just incase it's still not clear...:)

..this is Round 3 of Stage 2.

Stage 3 is the one after this one.

I know most of you are totally clear on all this and I thank you for your adherence to an untried system; what we learn here only goes to make future WoFs better:) I just thought it a good idea to let as many people in on the Rules as possible.

Hurrikane

As there is no reaction from your side :scratch2: i confirmed

to Hurrikane via PM

regards

zapforker

This is clearly not the way to be thinking when running a legitimate event.

It's not a thought, it's a definition.

Thanks alot for the courtesy of including me now though, but as I need to work and move to a new location IRL I will have no more exceptions from my side and any future schedule will be impossible for me. :scratch2: :D

I'll join this round.

I think F1r3 & Bowles will also join.
as well as Acronoid.

Can you confirm this?

Will need to cach up a lot if we want to goto the next round , but like in the qualification round we prove that we can do this.

I really hope we can pass to the next round ! GoGoGo

I must sadly say I won't make it. Sorry in advance. You may cancel me out of main team if ya want. :(

I'll cheer from the side and bless you with my most powerfull bitchcraft I posses

***Bless the belgium team***
** @ deum & diabolé **
*Bless*​

Hi, this is just a friendly note thanking you for your participation in the WoF
and cordially inviting your Team, your Socs and anyone who can make it to FoF X.

The link is here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68651

It's a 2-day free global comp between teams and armies.... June 30th/July 1st

Hope to see you there,

Hurrikane

Back