Besides Screenshots and Copied Artwork...

Jaas

Prowler
Society
The Prophecy
Zanzibar Zani Jones
Is there anything in this Section that's original artwork? I mean if you are going to sell art it should be yours, right?

I understand using Screenshots for certain things, Liek SIGs, Wallpapers but heck I can do a screenshot and sell it. With a little bit of photoshop.

Now if you were designing Custom graphics, for Shop signs and what not, it doesn't need to be all spanked out. But a work of art is just that.

Sorry this just bugs mne down to the core...

See like these I did from scratch. Yes they use in game materials, but the designs are from scratch. Not copied and blown up

Profession_SIG.png

Profession_SIG2.png

And I'm not selling them, giving them out for people to use free, because it's not my work...

Last edited:
Lazy :confused: I just skipped through the threads here, there are loads of original pieces, not even PE related

Are you sure they are original. I mean I just saw someone get called out on it...
So how do you know it's all original art work?

There's a lot of artwork on deviantart.com... takes time to go through everything ;)

Hello Jaas,

it totally depends on your perception of art.
There are people drawing totally impressive and unique pictures (elfyne/mahemma for example), and there are people like Bear who collects fragments from all over calypso and put them together with nice pixelwork to get his rippersnapper swimming in a tank which is really nice and unique as well.
Or people like Lexi or myself - photographs in an virtual world. Sure you could just do the screenshots yourself - but will you have the same view ? Will you transfer the same impressions with your screenshot ?
Photography is an own kind of art in the real world and its nothing different in a virtual world. If you dont like the impressions these photographs offer to you there is noone forcing you to buy them.
I have made some ingame-videos as well and have received alot of positive feedback on them - some of the visitors of my gallery told me that they had never thought an ingame video of the native wildlive would look that nice.

Art is always an offer to change your own view and look through the eyes of someone else, whether you like it or not is totally selfdependant.

I like the fact that pc content allows for the variety of art we get to experience in our world - step by step and it wouldnt be the same if you took away some parts of it.

Kind regards

Agree very much with John B Knight's view. The current exhibition in the Entropia Museum of Fine Arts covers exactly that point- what different kinds of art are there in Entropia now and how were they produced? (Siggie below gets you to the exhibition catalogue, the exhibition itself is in Bilton Tower 1, apt 4h.)

Where I agree with you Jaas is about stopping unauthorised copies. There have been one, possibly two, examples of this so far. One player copied and tried to sell art produced by another player and another player appears to have ripped off art from an outside artist. Copies of in-game art are easy to identify, because the originator's name appears in the picture info- so copiers leave their own signature on the fake, not that of the real artist. Outside theft is harder to check for, but it is obviously very risky putting up copied pictures for sale that thousands of people could see and hoping that nobody will notice.

That sort of illegal copying is quite different from someone transferring their own IRL work into Entropia or transferring work over with the permission of the owner of the IRL original. Both of those approaches make attractive work available within EU that otherwise would not be, and also gives artists another way of exhibiting their IRL work in a new setting.

Hello Jaas,
....... and there are people like Bear who collects fragments from all over calypso and put them together with nice pixelwork to get his rippersnapper swimming in a tank which is really nice and unique as well.

Ehhmm... well thanks that you like my FishTank, BUT its not a bunsh of "collected fragments".
Everything of the FishTank is a 3D. Modeled and Animated by myself. Its made to look like something from Calypso, but nothing of it is "out of the game".

:)

Ehhmm... well thanks that you like my FishTank, BUT its not a bunsh of "collected fragments".
Everything of the FishTank is a 3D. Modeled and Animated by myself. Its made to look like something from Calypso, but nothing of it is "out of the game".

:)

I know that you have reworked them, but based on things you discovered on calypso. Dont meant 'fragments' in a negative way - i am fully aware that you have put in alot of work and it turned out to be quite lovly :)

(This is probably the fourth time I'll say this, but whatever it's not for everyone to read all my posts over and over.. :D)

The red corss isn't yours to give away, and I know you didn't claim it. But really Mindark has no right to it either, but they don't seem to care about that. Still I wouldn't advice you to use the red cross symbol in any way. ;)

(This is probably the fourth time I'll say this, but whatever it's not for everyone to read all my posts over and over.. :D)

The red corss isn't yours to give away, and I know you didn't claim it. But really Mindark has no right to it either, but they don't seem to care about that. Still I wouldn't advice you to use the red cross symbol in any way. ;)

agreed, Red Cross have even asked the game industry not to as it (as they see it) devaluates the symbolic power.

Red Cross or start or david star on white background should be reserved for RedCross International for their efforts to make the world just a bit less cruel

Back on track i agree that art is in the eye of the beholder, noone can make jugdement about art on a fair and unjugdemental basis

Back