Question: Best possible graphic settings in PVP areas?

flyingdog

Provider
Benjamin flyingdog Roth
Howdy,

What are the best possible graphic settings for PVP areas? I mean when I put all graphic settings to very high, I start seeing avatars when they are like in the outer ring of my radar. Isn't it possible to make some tweak to see the avas earlier (I think my hardware setup should handle it). And another question, what do you do with all the grass and other vegetaion which is out there, I imagine its quite difficult to see another avatar in this chungle. So what do you do about it?

Low graphics setting will get rid of vegetation except things that you collide with.

Last edited:
Low graphics setting will get rid of vegetation expect things that you collide with.

Yeah I noticed that, but then also the other avatars seem to disapear sooner - EVEN if I let Draw Distance and Avatar Detail in highest settings. And I also recognized after some distance even in highest settings, you cannot see anymore the other avatars. I did a little experiment in Twin today and I think after about 400m distance I cannot see the avatars standing around the TP anymore even with 24x scope zoom.

Howdy,

What are the best possible graphic settings for PVP areas? I mean when I put all graphic settings to very high, I start seeing avatars when they are like in the outer ring of my radar. Isn't it possible to make some tweak to see the avas earlier (I think my hardware setup should handle it). And another question, what do you do with all the grass and other vegetaion which is out there, I imagine its quite difficult to see another avatar in this chungle. So what do you do about it?

Objecto quality - low = see avatar >50 meters
Object quality -medium = see avatar >100 meters but see ground details that cannot drive with pitbul ( dificulties on the ground)
Object quality -high = see avatar >~180 meters but see ground details that cannot drive with pitbul ( dificulties on the ground)

Graphics are for newbs, real men play in console.

Like Kestukas says, in some PvP area's there are rocks on the floor on object settings above low which you get stuck on with vehicles since they have physics. Same goes for running/walking, you can get stuck behind them.

I really like to just play the game to the max, so my settings are maxed out nearly all the time. Note that I don't have any problem tracking my targets through grass etc due to practice. It sure is easier to run low objects and see the avatar constantly without anything blocking your view.

Also, think about if it really matters to see avatars that far away, with that distance using any weapon that even has that range it's very unlikely for an average player to even get close to hitting something that small on the screen. When you zoom in, very far objects will render anyway, regardless of view distance. So adding a scope to your long range gun will still give you the ability to see avatars very very far away through the scope.
That being said, I only know 2 people that shoot without scope on long distance (140+ meters), me being one of them, in entropia. So you can ask yourself, does the view distance really matter to you? :)

Graphics are for newbs, real men play in console.

cli Entropia Universe he he do we use a db9-Rj45 cable to connect to the servers! please explain more!

Like Kestukas says, in some PvP area's there are rocks on the floor on object settings above low which you get stuck on with vehicles since they have physics. Same goes for running/walking, you can get stuck behind them.

I really like to just play the game to the max, so my settings are maxed out nearly all the time. Note that I don't have any problem tracking my targets through grass etc due to practice. It sure is easier to run low objects and see the avatar constantly without anything blocking your view.

Also, think about if it really matters to see avatars that far away, with that distance using any weapon that even has that range it's very unlikely for an average player to even get close to hitting something that small on the screen. When you zoom in, very far objects will render anyway, regardless of view distance. So adding a scope to your long range gun will still give you the ability to see avatars very very far away through the scope.
That being said, I only know 2 people that shoot without scope on long distance (140+ meters), me being one of them, in entropia. So you can ask yourself, does the view distance really matter to you? :)

doesn´t give you a tango 160 range? so how´s that with only 2 people gettin that range?

doesn´t give you a tango 160 range? so how´s that with only 2 people gettin that range?

Yes a tango does that and more... What I tried to say is that I only know of 2 people that shoot at that range without using a scope. (hence we need high draw distance)
If you do not have a scope attached, it doesn't matter how far people are, when you zoom in far enough they will render on the scope regardless of their distance.
Through a scope you can see everything so my point was, you don't need that huge draw distance. Unless you are planning to join me in the no-scope party ;)

Yes a tango does that and more... What I tried to say is that I only know of 2 people that shoot at that range without using a scope. (hence we need high draw distance)
If you do not have a scope attached, it doesn't matter how far people are, when you zoom in far enough they will render on the scope regardless of their distance.
Through a scope you can see everything so my point was, you don't need that huge draw distance. Unless you are planning to join me in the no-scope party ;)

One day maybe when game inflation is great enough^^

now I got your point :D

But when I would be searching for possible targets it would also be nice to see very far without scope too.

Back