Best practice: Item sale?

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
I want to do some spring cleaning and sell many of the items I have collected over the years. The mess in my storage and appartments causes quite some headache...

In total it's over 800 different items that have to go. Many of them are in small stacks and/or have low markup. Some of them are worth TT only, but could be interesting for collectors. Others have quite some value over TT (I own more appartments then I use, too many armor sets, etc..)

Micromanaging them isn't my cup of tea. This probably is the reason I accumulated that many items.

So what shall I do: Flush it all down the TT? Post a list on forum auction (I hate it though)? Or are there known and recommendable resellers?

I might be interested in an apartment if its on planet and doesn't cost too much. Don't know much about bulk sells but i know many look out for these type of sells.

Hi,

I'd recommend to get a listing of your possessions via official website/ account, then process it here. Set output to CSV, import it into Calc/ Excel/ whatever, and sort by MU.

This way you have anything that isn't worth more than trading to TT at the top of your list.

Beware, some stuff might rise again in value. When/ if maybe some day crafting (and/ or taming, mindforce, hangars, whatever) will get a meaning, again. Might be next week, might be never. Your choice.

With over 800 different items you shouldn't only have any stackable thing possibly, but a load of old, limited items too, that with a high propability never ever again will get any worth. I'd try to sell these to collectors.

Feeling poor with my 476 types of items, and wishing good luck!
Have fun!

Id suggest talking to crafters in the various diciplines and do a bulk sale of everything thta particular crafter uses.

After that see what is left and try a bulk sale on that..

Finally down to few random items try the auction then as a last resrt before tt fest begins.

If you have any 4C plates - you already have a buyer :yay:.

Advice:if your not patient - look for seller on street. If you are patient person - post list here or (like above) in exceel sheet and also try selling it on acution in small stacks with price little above market value.

Falagor
:bandit:

Change your game paradigm, instead of thinking your here to kill monsters, think of it as your game to sell each item in your inventory for the most money in the least amount of time.

Ready?
GO!

Sometimes I have to do this to myself to motivate myself to do things I don't want to do :)

post everything on bid in the market.

if you get a good deal. good if not the buyers dont care about the MU.

I want to do some spring cleaning and sell many of the items I have collected over the years. The mess in my storage and appartments causes quite some headache...

In total it's over 800 different items that have to go. Many of them are in small stacks and/or have low markup. Some of them are worth TT only, but could be interesting for collectors. Others have quite some value over TT (I own more appartments then I use, too many armor sets, etc..)

Micromanaging them isn't my cup of tea. This probably is the reason I accumulated that many items.

So what shall I do: Flush it all down the TT? Post a list on forum auction (I hate it though)? Or are there known and recommendable resellers?

copy and past from your storage log to entropiabay-storage clearance section :p

Hi,

I'd recommend to get a listing of your possessions via official website/ account, then process it here. Set output to CSV, import it into Calc/ Excel/ whatever, and sort by MU.

This way you have anything that isn't worth more than trading to TT at the top of your list.

Thanks for the tip, +rep

Beware, some stuff might rise again in value. When/ if maybe some day crafting (and/ or taming, mindforce, hangars, whatever) will get a meaning, again. Might be next week, might be never. Your choice.

Since 1,5 year there has only be one way the prices went and that is down. With current state of the game, I don't expect them to rise in value ever again.
My currency has fallen a lot compared to the $, so the losses won't be big. :)

With over 800 different items you shouldn't only have any stackable thing possibly, but a load of old, limited items too, that with a high propability never ever again will get any worth. I'd try to sell these to collectors.

Yeah, that's the items that cause me the most heasche. It just seems wrong to TT these (useless) ul guns, cloths, etc.
bufidningcollectors fro each of thse items is very time consumeing.

Doing some spring cleaning too, have sold a lot of junk last few weeks.

Since I want it to be over as quickly as possible, I have:

1. Looked for orders on auction on common stuff
2. Sold all my small resource stacks in bulk to lebanner and got a nice price
3. Check auction history, and current items on auction and make a decision if
3a. there is any interest in the item at all (will it likely sell within one week)
3b. will I get more then 1 ped on a successful sale?
3c if so, put it up with a price I feel confident it will sell for.
4. possibly put up a few higher-value items on EF (havn't dont this yet)
5. if not caught above, TT it... its just pixels and since it wasn't caught above, it has no value above the TT and it doesn't make sense to put in a lot of work for a few ped/pec extra. I've TT:ed a lot :p

Have no idea if its good practice though, but thats how I do it :p

Hi,

Yeah, that's the items that cause me the most headache. It just seems wrong to TT these (useless) ul guns, cloths, etc.
but finding collectors for each of those items is very time consuming.
(had my check speller work on this ...)

Galadea, there seems to be demand even for some of those. Because of the close-to-zero MU of some resources I'm often crafting these, creating such exotic things as, for instance, Jashonich MP, or Mann MPH DlxE, or Maddox I.

Checking the tier upgrade rating numbers 2/3 are dammed to TT, but any with acceptable values usually sell at auction for a sufficient price. Carefully check the tier numbers of your stuff - a Mk.II with 3 digits at any tier might be desirable to quite some ppl, and get bought fast at a nice price. Stuff with evil numbers still might have a value, as second item to tier up.

For sure, a lot of your items will be plain useless, and wouldn't have any chance to sell even only paying the auction price. It's up to you to guess if this would change some day. I have missed the times when things like ModFAPs have been duped, and was to buy for small PED. Having TTed one then would make me cry for months these days.

I understand your problem, as I have it very similar, just in smaller range. I'm reaching the max. item number of my storage soon, and am thinking what to do. Guess I'd just sell what I need to keep me going, keeping anything that might rise in price again.

Buying an apt or a phat storage box might help. You might want to keep your apts, or get more storage boxes. I will go this way, too, I think.

Guess an Sollomate Outbacko will never ever again get a decent value, but I'd not sell my Mk.II, or my EP-40. I actually use these meanwhile when out of suitable (L) equivalents, and to be honest, they don't perform this bad ...

Add to it that even such stuff with low tier numbers might be in demand, as second item for tiering up?

Guess you'll have a hard time sorting out what to keep and what to sell. My best wishes to you to get it done fast & without avoidable loss!

Have fun!

You will want to use as many options as possible, because any 1 technique will take alot of time. Unfortunately, some micromanagement will be necessary, because you will have to decide 1 by 1 the worth and how to sell. The auction, while reliable, has an upper limit on items you can put there. Entropiabay is good, and reliable. And posting things for sale here will get you some success.

But my guess is, out of 800 items, many will be TT food.

Back