Best way to spend 20-30k PED?

Tayonas

Provider
Barry Tayonas Marshall
I've been trying to get back to this game for nearly a decade and generally haven't lasted more than a couple of weeks.

Assuming I'm still here at the end of the month though I was thinking of selling/tting most of my 1600 lines of items.

Total items value: 8018.34 PED for 1548 rows.

I forgot, I cut it down ...

Right now I am running about with an ek-2600, Boar and plates for all occasions. Since I had to give up my Opalo A105 combo I have been using whatever gun is the best, Korss, Breer, now ArMatrix, using an LP-50. I also have Vigi and Gremlin.

I am thinking of chipping in some extra health and taking medic to 3k, unlocking commando via chipping seems, I dunno, a bit drastic and quickness I don't think I could afford right now.

So I'm looking for what you would do with my avatar and 20k and another with 30k. Whether it's buying FAP and armour and I use the same guns or just a gun and a FAP.

I stopped playing the game in June 2010 and looking for some advice on -well everything really. I've only been coming in for events because I dunno even where to hunt now.

Chipping in skills is probably the worst way to spend any PED. Just skill naturally at your own pace, rushing is very costly here. If I had 20-30k and I wanted to stay a hunter I would:
  • Increase budget: Sell everything but the Gremlin. Alternatively keep the Vigilante if you enjoy hunting robots (I hate them...). Do NOT sell on a rush, take your time. If you don't like an offer wait for another, do a price check or ask around if you aren't sure about the price. Keep an eye on channels [#trade] and [#calytrade]. Maybe keep a weapon amplifier too if you are sure you'll go that route.
  • Expand mob selection: Grab two sets of plates if you don't have them: Mark. 5B (for gremlin) and Mark. 6A (for vigi).
  • Decrease MU spending: Time to look for an UL weapon. I would stay at or below the 3k PED mark, or else your budget will suffer. How are your melee levels? Do you even enjoy melee? if so look for one of the arkadian blades (songkra, shagadi, ...etc) they are cheap and decent weapons. If you want ranged, look around I can't go into detail there's just too many guns out there. In any case focus on efficiency and eco, always. Examples: LC-100 Frontier, Enigma L2, Adjusted EP-41, Adjusted Maddox IV, Ecotron v15 or v26, etc.... You don't have the budget to go for high eff/eco or high dps (yet). Do the bonus daily missions (20 tokens each), "free" guns !
  • Heal efficiently (if at all): Again, you can't afford an adj resto chip (yet) so keep it small. Grab the free Vivo S10 from the newbie mission. This will also help to keep you in check, if you need bigger heals then you are hunting too big !!. Also, just in case you go melee, look into the life steal (L) melee amps.
Mob selection
Go for markup always, do NOT focus on doing missions for skills (this is a trap). Go for markup instead and fund your way up the ladder, you will absolutely do some missions along the way (just don't let them blind you). Even if you shouldn't care about them, accept every single mission you can.

The only missions you should do are the ones that unlock a new area or a new mob (Cyclops cave, for example). Because most of the time there's profit to be made there (mostly when they are first introduced).

Right now... probably Merry Mayhem. Hunt in a small practice instance (with your budget 02 or 03 at most). You will get xmas strongboxes, M tokens and outputs. The occasional gun or mayhem armor part also helps.

Once MM is over, go back to the first part (research). I check entropiawiki while playing several times a day, don't be lazy on this one.

Grampa advice
Keep a record of what you do (a simple excel will suffice), how much you invest and how much you get back. If something doesn't work stop and research alternatives. How would you know if something works if you never keep track of things?!

Use the auction and the global/hof chat to see what people want (high MU stuff) and what people hunt. With time you will know which hunters play properly, and which ones just hunt whatever.

Expect bad runs, ignore good runs. This is important, some people can't wait to waste their PED as soon as they have a good run, don't do this please. Something works? great keep going, don't buy trash you don't need anyway.

Things will go like shit sometimes, it's ok. The game is designed like that, developers have to eat. Just learn from it when that happens. Your competition is not MA, that's a fight you cannot win; you compete against the other players.

Remember to have fun, join a soc, make friends, chat a bit. It's hard and unhealthy to play a game you don't enjoy.

But this is just an opinion and I am wrong on many things for sure, find your own way.

Eh, I'm probably forgetting a lot of things anyway.

Notes:
To join a channel just type in chat "/join #channel" (i.e. "/join #trade") and hit Enter.

Last edited:
im hittin the sack but dont sell anything.. do yur research some old items worth a fair ped now
Yea, I the amount of amps I tt'd in the past, especially A103 :D

Most of that stuff has gone in my hit and runs over the years, kinda wished I had just ignored the game altogether now.

Chipping in skills is probably the worst way to spend any PED. Just skill naturally at your own pace, rushing is very costly here. If I had 20-30k and I wanted to stay a hunter I would:
  • Increase budget: Sell everything but the Gremlin. Alternatively keep the Vigilante if you enjoy hunting robots (I hate them...). Do NOT sell on a rush, take your time. If you don't like an offer wait for another, do a price check or ask around if you aren't sure about the price. Keep an eye on channels [#trade] and [#calytrade]. Maybe keep a weapon amplifier too if you are sure you'll go that route.
  • Expand mob selection: Grab two sets of plates if you don't have them: Mark. 5B (for gremlin) and Mark. 6A (for vigi).
  • Decrease MU spending: Time to look for an UL weapon. I would stay at or below the 3k PED mark, or else your budget will suffer. How are your melee levels? Do you even enjoy melee? if so look for one of the arkadian blades (songkra, shagadi, ...etc) they are cheap and decent weapons. If you want ranged, look around I can't go into detail there's just too many guns out there. In any case focus on efficiency and eco, always. Examples: LC-100 Frontier, Enigma L2, Adjusted EP-41, Adjusted Maddox IV, Ecotron v15 or v26, etc.... You don't have the budget to go for high eff/eco or high dps (yet). Do the bonus daily missions (20 tokens each), "free" guns !
  • Heal efficiently (if at all): Again, you can't afford an adj resto chip (yet) so keep it small. Grab the free Vivo S10 from the newbie mission. This will also help to keep you in check, if you need bigger heals then you are hunting too big !!
Mob selection
Go for markup always, do NOT focus on doing missions for skills (this is a trap). Go for markup instead and fund your way up the ladder, you will absolutely do some missions along the way (just don't let them blind you). Even if you shouldn't care about them, accept every single mission you can.

The only missions you should do are the ones that unlock a new area or a new mob (Cyclops cave, for example). Because most of the time there's profit to be made there (mostly when they are first introduced).

Right now... probably Merry Mayhem. Hunt in a small practice instance (with your budget 02 or 03 at most). You will get xmas strongboxes, M tokens and outputs. The occasional gun or mayhem armor part also helps.

Once MM is over, go back to the first part (research). I check entropiawiki while playing several times a day, don't be lazy on this one.

Grampa advice
Keep a record of what you do (a simple excel will suffice), how much you invest and how much you get back. If something doesn't work stop and research alternatives. How would you know if something works if you never keep track of things?!

Use the auction and the global/hof chat to see what people want (high MU stuff) and what people hunt. With time you will know which hunters play properly, and which ones just hunt whatever.

Expect bad runs, ignore good runs. This is important, some people can't wait to waste their PED as soon as they have a good run, don't do this please. Something works? great keep going, don't buy trash you don't need anyway.

Things will go like shit sometimes, it's ok. The game is designed like that, developers have to eat. Just learn from it when that happens. Your competition is not MA, that's a fight you cannot win; you compete against the other players.

Remember to have fun, join a soc, make friends, chat a bit. It's hard and unhealthy to play a game you don't enjoy.

But this is just an opinion and I am wrong on many things for sure, find your own way.

Notes:
To join a channel just type in chat "/join #channel" (i.e. "/join #trade") and hit Enter.
I'm going to need to check the missions and stuff out, I think I had done a few. No idea what the cave is about though. I think when I went to the terminal it was going on about a jump suit though and wouldn't let me do any now without turning in my jumpsuit.
Thanks for all that, still digesting it :D

If you gonna chip in skills then the only skills i would consider is looter skills. Everything else comes fast with the increased reload, skill buffs, skill pills and codex these days. Number one priority should be to decrease the amount you spend on markup. The biggest thing here is UL wpn! But also ring with nice reload (extra dps and skills) is a well worth investment.

I'm assuming you are at least level 55 hunter if you are using the ArMatrix LP-50...

What to do in EU with a budget of 20-30k:

For fun:
I would try to find 5 other players with level >60 to do some RDI Secret Lab runs (Sector A1). I wouldn't even bother with Sector B1, probably need >80 for that one. This thread has all the details: RDI Secret Lab - some info

The new Gorgon wave in Ancient Greece can be a lot of fun too if you don't mind dying a lot and having to run back from the revive. And you can get lucky and get some nice drops there too (Fangs and Scales up to Modified with decent mu), but generally speaking, you'd be lucky to break even, it's kind of an expensive event and you need to have pretty decent armor for that.

The Sandking is good classic MMO fun imo. Just go to Jameson's Reach and join the fun.

Robot Beacons can also be fun, unfortunately the Beacons have become rare because the ingredients to make them are almost impossible to find atm.

For profit:
The mob which has consistently proven to be sustainable to hunt over time is Caperon. I think they may be a bit too tough for you to hunt yet but you'd have to give them a try. I believe the lowest maturity is found just NE of East Scylla Mountains TP. If you are patient and enjoy hunting them for hours at a time, you should be able to do ok with them. Troopers aren't bad also, afaik.

For Skilling:
If you have the old Leviathan Iron mission, you have about 8 months to finish it, so I'd make that my priority if I were you.

The new Codex is coming to all other planets soon so a good strategy could also be to go to Ark and RT and grab as many of those Iron missions there as you can before MA removes them. Once MA removes them, you will only be able to finish the one you are on so make sure to pick the ones you feel the rewards are worth the time and advance as far as you can on them. One example of an Iron that has a very decent reward is the Motorhead on Rocktropia. Also, the Kameldon on Arkadia give you 138 PED of Perception at stage 6 which is great for your Looter professions. Last chance to get these.

Last edited:
I should have put down that I have two rings:

Imp Ares
Aug Athenic.

My avatar link is:

Thanks for the Lab link, I will look at it after the event, only because I'm an addict and will have to go and check it out if I look just now :D

Ancient Greece? Eh? :O

Sandking, yea, loved that and have been staying away from it.

Robot beacons, I take it they don't turn up as much when mining either then.

Hunting caperons, sounds better than hunting berycled and allophyl, oh I forgot, I moved up to trox, lmao. What sort of skill level do I need for caperon?

I sort of remember the leviathan, but I dunno how to check missions, I guess I need to turn my jump suit in first, though I can't remember if that's for daily's or what.

Looks like I forgot to put this in earlier, woke up to it on another page waiting to be clicked :D

I can maybe do a better reply now ...

The plates I have are 5B, 5D, 6A and 6B. Unless I change armours I will be keeping the Vigi for robots, mostly events.

I had considered melee in the past and have.

Castorian Combat EnBlade-2
Castorian Combat EnBlade-4, Mentor Edition
Castorian EnKnuckles-2
Castorian Pioneer EnBlade-5 (L)
Katsuichi Determination
Katsuichi Honor
RepEdge Battle Axe 1x0
RepEdge Battle Axe 2x0

One of the Kats I have 2 of and I have like four of the Axe 2x0.

Has something majorly changed with blades?

I have an EP-41 Military on the way, dunno exactly when though.

Thanks for all this advice, I feel like I'm playing a different game than the one I did for 5 years, though I don't actually remember much after 2008. I have a small cognition problem now.

One of the Kats I have 2 of and I have like four of the Axe 2x0.

Has something majorly changed with blades?

I have an EP-41 Military on the way, dunno exactly when though.

Maybe grind the mobs for the high MU parts and make the Kats and ep-41 adjusted versions. Will take ages but you don't get something for nothing.

I would pursue a high efficiency weapon (80% or higher) and focus on markup production. Weak Argo claw farming exas (for blazar fragments) comes to mind.

I guess I need to turn my jump suit in first, though I can't remember if that's for daily's or what.
Don’t worry about the jumpsuit mission at the daily terminal. As far as I can tell it’s simply a “status symbol” for new players. Purely cosmetic. Just unlocking new-colored jumpsuits.

Playing Entropia Universe is like playing the board game Monopoly and if you want to be successful in Monopoly, you have to buy 4 houses and 1 hotel. That's the key, buy 4 houses and one hotel. Houses can be land areas or shops and the hotel can be a mall, bank, or any other large property.

Playing Entropia Universe is like playing the board game Monopoly and if you want to be successful in Monopoly, you have to buy 4 houses and 1 hotel. That's the key, buy 4 houses and one hotel. Houses can be land areas or shops and the hotel can be a mall, bank, or any other large property.

In all seriousness I agree here. I’d suggest as well that you use your budget to buy the twin peaks bank + a few LA’s.

With looter 2.0 that came a few years ago. The biggest factor to keeping your return high now is high efficiency weapons and your looter skills. You can invest in a high efficiency weapon like bc-30 mod or weak claw for melee. Hunt smaller mobs with rest of peds. Build your bankroll up within few months. And keep going. Hunt for MU always.
Unfortunately you are unable to buy a high efficiency weapon with more dps than those two for 20-30k.

If you don't wanna go for high eff route. You can go 60%-ish eff UL weapons. Mod 2350 is a good enough fap at your level. Add 5b to gremlin you set.

Hunting, Mining, and crafting all have their pros and cons... all can do you well.. all can screw you over... nobody will tell you flat out what to do.. this is something that you should research for yourself, trust nobody. Best way to learn is to do it yourself.

Suggestion: Do small things track results

• Heal efficiently (if at all): Again, you can't afford an adj resto chip (yet) so keep it small. Grab the free Vivo S10 from the newbie mission. This will also help to keep you in check, if you need bigger heals then you are hunting too big !!. Also, just in case you go melee, look into the life steal (L) melee amps.
Mob selection

Grampa advice

Notes:
That is right about the chipping in. I did quite a bit when I started and my agility is way low 91 with health @ 255. I think the chipping skips agility when you chip. The reason I say that is most who have been playing as long as me (14 years) are around 100-105 agility and as I said I am 91. As he says go natural and you will be more well rounded in the end IMO.

I'm assuming you are at least level 55 hunter if you are using the ArMatrix LP-50...

What to do in EU with a budget of 20-30k:

For fun:
I would try to find 5 other players with level >60 to do some RDI Secret Lab runs (Sector A1). I wouldn't even bother with Sector B1, probably need >80 for that one. This thread has all the details: RDI Secret Lab - some info

The new Gorgon wave in Ancient Greece can be a lot of fun too if you don't mind dying a lot and having to run back from the revive. And you can get lucky and get some nice drops there too (Fangs and Scales up to Modified with decent mu), but generally speaking, you'd be lucky to break even, it's kind of an expensive event and you need to have pretty decent armor for that.

The Sandking is good classic MMO fun imo. Just go to Jameson's Reach and join the fun.

Robot Beacons can also be fun, unfortunately the Beacons have become rare because the ingredients to make them are almost impossible to find atm.

For profit:
The mob which has consistently proven to be sustainable to hunt over time is Caperon. I think they may be a bit too tough for you to hunt yet but you'd have to give them a try. I believe the lowest maturity is found just NE of East Scylla Mountains TP. If you are patient and enjoy hunting them for hours at a time, you should be able to do ok with them. Troopers aren't bad also, afaik.

For Skilling:
If you have the old Leviathan Iron mission, you have about 8 months to finish it, so I'd make that my priority if I were you.

The new Codex is coming to all other planets soon so a good strategy could also be to go to Ark and RT and grab as many of those Iron missions there as you can before MA removes them. Once MA removes them, you will only be able to finish the one you are on so make sure to pick the ones you feel the rewards are worth the time and advance as far as you can on them. One example of an Iron that has a very decent reward is the Motorhead on Rocktropia. Also, the Kameldon on Arkadia give you 138 PED of Perception at stage 6 which is great for your Looter professions. Last chance to get these.

I went for the caperon but could only really find armax and longu. I flew around for a bit, saw some exa and combibo, was like :D not seen those in ages :D

best way to spend it is don't spend it in this place at all. utilise it in real life where it will actually benefit you and you will genuinely be rewarded.

best way to spend it is don't spend it in this place at all. utilise it in real life where it will actually benefit you and you will genuinely be rewarded.
I'm gonna laugh so hard when "real life" turn out to be simulation made by the aliens. :eek:

Caperons are only good when the MU on spleen oil is good. Or you need a big pedcard so you can sit on the oils for some days/weeks.
I would check out the loot tables and go for items. L items with good MU are generaly a good income.
Neomex comes to mind. the pheromones are 0 ped tt but still sell for a fair amount 4-5ped each. and they can also drop some nice weapons with good MU.
If you are higher level hunt araneatrox for shadow pieces, use the pancreas oil in crafts with MU (like simple2 springs). and you should do alright.
There are many mobs like these, so check out the loot tables, ask around etc. But hunting for items kinda requires an even bigger pedcard. If you dont have the ped to hunt try mining. this needs way less peds to be sustainable.

gl and welcome back

Back