Better LA Control for LA Owners

Yes or No?

• Total voters
Society
Project-Asylum Corp.
Revan The Nightbird Evenstar
(I'm not a LA owner, but rather would like to see them improved to make them more appealing to visit)

Currently, owners can only set DNA (with maturity and density), but both as a miner and hunter, I would like to see greater control in positioning and sizing mob spawns.

For example, in addition to the density selection at the fertilizer station, which controls mob numbers, I would love it owner could also control the spawn size area, making a large sparsely populated spawn or very small and tightly packed spawn area, leaving a large fraction of the LA open to miners.

(To be clear, density still controls number of mobs spawned, I would like to see control over the area those number of mobs are spawned on)

In addition, owners can also move spawn centers, thus able to group the same mobs or same maturity in one corner of the LA and another mob or maturity in the opposite corner, with large empty areas in between.

With spawn area control and position control, owners would be able to arrange their LAs far more neatly than they are currently able and cater to hunters, miners, or both as they wish. The result would be a better experience for all, or so I hope.

Please leave discussion on the ability to remove DNA intact out of this thread though, that is for some other wish :p

... then, after the mobs spawn, they wander trough the land and there you have it, the land is again full of mobs, everywhere. :D

... then, after the mobs spawn, they wander trough the land and there you have it, the land is again full of mobs, everywhere. :D

When no avatars are on, mobs don't move I think :) They don't move very fast either so one culling per day will do, and if an LA isn't getting that many hunters.... DNA needs to go lol

Great idea, thus allowing miners, and hunters to live in harmony everafter :cool:

And personally i dont think mobs would wander that much out of their zone, sure a bit here and there, but still better control for the LA owners should have been implemented long time ago...

ah, since we are on the LA subject: when's the next LAgrab :monkey:sorry couldnt help myself

Great idea, thus allowing miners, and hunters to live in harmony everafter :cool:

And personally i dont think mobs would wander that much out of their zone, sure a bit here and there, but still better control for the LA owners should have been implemented long time ago...

ah, since we are on the LA subject: when's the next LAgrab :monkey:sorry couldnt help myself

Yep, I don't think mobs wander far either. It's only when they follow a miner or someone that they get very far from spawn point.

Another plus is one DNA would be enough to create a small but dense spawn, good enough for one or even a few hunters. Good for those rare and expense uber mob DNAs.

morez0rs votez0rs pleasez0rs

Mobs spawn as you move into new areas.... 1 million mobs is a bit of a server load to maintain at once.

You can see this effect walking into clear empty space (e.g. NW eudoria). The mob appears, then magically orients itself in a direction (spins on the spot).

Teh smart teh server load reducing teh programming teh

Mobs spawn as you move into new areas.... 1 million mobs is a bit of a server load to maintain at once.

You can see this effect walking into clear empty space (e.g. NW eudoria). The mob appears, then magically orients itself in a direction (spins on the spot).

Teh smart teh server load reducing teh programming teh

HAHA, yes I've noticed.

Mob movement is also random direction, walk for 5 or 10 seconds or some number like that, which is why they don't wander very far.

Mobs also don't move at all when no one is in radar range.

(I'm not a LA owner, but rather would like to see them improved to make them more appealing to visit)

Currently, owners can only set DNA (with maturity and density), but both as a miner and hunter, I would like to see greater control in positioning and sizing mob spawns.

For example, in addition to the density selection at the fertilizer station, which controls mob numbers, I would love it owner could also control the spawn size area, making a large sparsely populated spawn or very small and tightly packed spawn area, leaving a large fraction of the LA open to miners.

(To be clear, density still controls number of mobs spawned, I would like to see control over the area those number of mobs are spawned on)

In addition, owners can also move spawn centers, thus able to group the same mobs or same maturity in one corner of the LA and another mob or maturity in the opposite corner, with large empty areas in between.

With spawn area control and position control, owners would be able to arrange their LAs far more neatly than they are currently able and cater to hunters, miners, or both as they wish. The result would be a better experience for all, or so I hope.

Please leave discussion on the ability to remove DNA intact out of this thread though, that is for some other wish :p

Then these options should cost more in terms of dung.

Non-controversial wishes gets no bumps ;/

Bump for visibility and more votes

How boring, I have to come up with a crappy idea to get bumps? !!! :p

Crappy ideas in production!

last bump for this thread

Back