Beware!!!!!!! AMD FX doesn't currently run EU

If you manipulate your core affinity when using client loader and /or entropia.ex in task manager, you should always log in. It is a pain in the ass, but works for 99% of AMD users.

If this isn't working for you, my consolendces.

If you manipulate your core affinity when using client loader and /or entropia.ex in task manager, you should always log in. It is a pain in the ass, but works for 99% of AMD users.

You can always automate the affnitity change by making a shortcut (in Win 7) for: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity XX "C:\..\Entropia.exe"

Where XX is the core to be used, 01 for 1st core, 02 for second, etc. so just use 01.

Or by using imageCFG (http://www.robpol86.com/index.php/ImageCFG) or such

Last edited:
You can always automate the affnitity change by making a shortcut (in Win 7) for "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity XX "C:\..\Entropia.exe"

Where XX is the core to be used, 01 for 1st core, 02 for second, etc. so just use 01.

Or by using imageCFG (http://www.robpol86.com/index.php/ImageCFG) or such

Excellent find.. I used the first one but forgot to add the location of my EU .exe file.. explains why it didn't work for me the first time!! ;)

Will try this again on my laptop! :)

Haha, I am the 1%. :)

I'm with you here.. it worked originally when I installed the game and after it patched/updated, it doesn't work anymore :'(

Sorry to hear that. I know how pissed off I was when trying to log until I found this 'trick' ofc, it should be a smooth entry. Damn, have you asked amd yet for a solution? ( remember to threaten them to attack AMD in any forum you find :) )

Sorry to hear that. I know how pissed off I was when trying to log until I found this 'trick' ofc, it should be a smooth entry. Damn, have you asked amd yet for a solution? ( remember to threaten them to attack AMD in any forum you find :) )

No, I haven't asked AMD for a solution. I have support ticket(s) open with MA. In my case, about 50% of the time I can log in in less than 10 tries. The other 50% I enjoy other things in life. :)

No, I haven't asked AMD for a solution. I have support ticket(s) open with MA. In my case, about 50% of the time I can log in in less than 10 tries. The other 50% I enjoy other things in life. :)
Consider yourself lucky, the other 50% are waaaaaaaaay better, even if you're only staring at a wall, still better.

*Bump* to keep the thread allive.

Ppl should know about these issues.

Anyone else have any working workaround?

I have Athlon 3200+ (barton) and all works fine. However planing change for smth beter soon ( probably also AMD) so only AMD FX 4100 3.6ghz not working so far ?

I have Athlon 3200+ (barton) and all works fine. However planing change for smth beter soon ( probably also AMD) so only AMD FX 4100 3.6ghz not working so far ?

So far that I can tell, it's all of the FX line that you have to use this work around. So if this is something you don't mind doing, then yep you can choose anyone of them.

Personally I would wait until either Win 8 comes out of beta or wait until AMD brings out the Piledriver chip. (the replacement for the current chips)

Until then, you will have to use this thread or the one on EF: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/technical/201735-entropia-did-not-shut-down-normally.html

Somehow Suddenly I am able to slip past the shutdown once in a while if I dissable CPU0 and remember to CLOSE THE TASKMANAGER (Important)

Thanx to everyone in this thread for keeping me trying all different kinds of approaches.

Now I got a new bug, I get Disconnects every 6 min as clockwork. ONLY on my new PC LOL *CRY* WTF

U have to take atleast core 0 off every time u start EU. If u still get the message, then leave only last core active. When game is loaded push alt+esc and add some more cores.

U have to take atleast core 0 off every time u start EU. If u still get the message, then leave only last core active. When game is loaded push alt+esc and add some more cores.
Geez, why don't you people go for Intel, they're about 180% faster (at the same price), about 34% less energy consumption, while still emitting less heat, get a 15 buck cooler and you can overclock the hell out of intel, bringing them to about 280% faster than stock AMD processors at the same price, while still being more economic.

Only thing that AMD wins is integrated graphics, but do you really play with that? o_O

Don't want to sound like a fanboy but you guys sure pay a nice premium for being a fanboy.

Geez, why don't you people go for Intel, they're about 180% faster (at the same price), about 34% less energy consumption, while still emitting less heat, get a 15 buck cooler and you can overclock the hell out of intel, bringing them to about 280% faster than stock AMD processors at the same price, while still being more economic.

Only thing that AMD wins is integrated graphics, but do you really play with that? o_O

Don't want to sound like a fanboy but you guys sure pay a nice premium for being a fanboy.

Hmmm I think I shall put my water cooling on my cpu.. to get 5.8ghz!!! :eyecrazy:

If MA had made a post about the problems I would for SURE have gotten a Professor from Intell instead.

A little bit late now for me.

About price: I found nothing like that when I was investigating prices and choosing CPU.
Actually Intell was allot more expencive

Bummer, still not fixed after VU.

run on 7 cores instead of 8.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that workaround doesn't work 100% of the time for me. I'm lucky if I can log in in less than 10 tries. Sometimes it can take 50+ attempts. I wish I could identify a trend.

Thanks for the heads up (down)

Was thinking about an upgrade some time, it seems I'll be sticking with the Phenom Black 6 core;)

Was thinking about an upgrade some time, it seems I'll be sticking with the Phenom Black 6 core;)

Phenom cpu's run well. I have a 4 core phenom and never had problems. except that the cpu need a better cooling, if it run games like EU, or you get some cool down lag, if the cpu have a lot to calculate. This happens if a lot Ai players are around. Ai players and also players need a lot cpu calculation.

I hope AMD fix that problem soon. I think next year i need also a new system, and i don't want pay Intel.

Phenom cpu's run well. I have a 4 core phenom and never had problems. except that the cpu need a better cooling, if it run games like EU, or you get some cool down lag, if the cpu have a lot to calculate. This happens if a lot Ai players are around. Ai players and also players need a lot cpu calculation.

I hope AMD fix that problem soon. I think next year i need also a new system, and i don't want pay Intel.

There is a new processor in the works from AMD, called the piledriver. This is to replace the current Bulldozer and will not feature this same design. I can't remember exactly when it's coming out but I think the last time I checked, it will be next year 2nd quarter?!! Don't quote me on that. :)

There is a new processor in the works from AMD, called the piledriver. This is to replace the current Bulldozer and will not feature this same design. I can't remember exactly when it's coming out but I think the last time I checked, it will be next year 2nd quarter?!! Don't quote me on that. :)

Pile driver, sound s like a cure for Heamarhoids:D

AMD’s FX-Vishera launch confirmed on 23rd October

Piledriver architecture and featuring up to 8 cores on the flagship FX-8350,
Vishera will offer improved IPC performance over FX-Bulldozer
23rd would be the date of mass availability of the Vishera processors while reviews would hit the web first.

■FX-4300: 4 Core 3.8GHz/4GHz, 4MB, 95 Watt – $131.62
■FX-6300: 6 Core 3.5GHz/4.1GHz, 6MB, 95 Watt – $175.77
■FX-8320: 8 Core 3.5GHz/4GHz, 8MB, 125 Watt – $242.05
■FX-8350: 8 Core 4GHz/4.2GHz, 8MB, 125 Watt – $253.06 = 4.oGhtz Boostable to 4.2

FX-Vishera compatible with the AM3+ socket with 990FX chipset, the new motherboards will show up October.
:D

I can't try this until after work, but I got an update from support:

On 2012-09-24 13:52:30 SUPPORT replied:

Hi,

We are making all from our part to fix this problem and the solution will be released as soon as possible.

Some users had reported that disabling additional CPUs from their system has improved the Client performance, please try to disable the CPU0, CPU2 and CPU4.

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you and remember to stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website and Client Loader for further information.
Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

Back