Beware!!!!!!! AMD FX doesn't currently run EU

"Support" is still not answering me about what "Exception Address = 12418513" refers to?

My bet is MA programmers have no idea of what they are doing.

I've had plenty of time to check out many other games now, and EU is the only one failing.

Those code calls they are using must be ANCIENT?

And you are assuming its a problem inside MA code based on exactly what?

Yep it's most likely that AMD is not sharing rather then a problem with the code. The new chip is designed to work with new coding that isn't currently being used, actively, by most software developers. If AMD isn't helping MA with the workaround, then it could take a long time before it can be fixed...

Having had 3 high end boxes I would say Amd is always a bit twitchy compared to intel. Sry you guys are in limbo tho

Yep it's most likely that AMD is not sharing rather then a problem with the code. The new chip is designed to work with new coding that isn't currently being used, actively, by most software developers. If AMD isn't helping MA with the workaround, then it could take a long time before it can be fixed...

Looks like my Entropia career will be over or at least severly limited until this is fixed (if ever). I just tried about 40 attempts to get to the login screen and still can't get to it. Same case yesterday and the day before. At some point it's not worth it anymore.

It's probably a good thing, I spend too much time in the game anyway.

The strange thing is that once I am able to login, the game plays fine. I have to think MA could create a patch to allow me to log in. Something like "skip this line of code that causes it to fail here".

The strange thing is that once I am able to login, the game plays fine. I have to think MA could create a patch to allow me to log in. Something like "skip this line of code that causes it to fail here".

Yeah well, see the thing that happens between the two things is "merely" the loading of all the world and textures and a lot of communication with the servers. You wouldn't gain much by skipping that "line of code" ...

Yeah well, see the thing that happens between the two things is "merely" the loading of all the world and textures and a lot of communication with the servers. You wouldn't gain much by skipping that "line of code" ...

There's no need to do all that to get to a simple login screen. Poor design if it does.

My point is that this is something that they should be able to fix. I write software for a living. I know how this stuff works. Sometimes you have have to stop pointing fingers at another vendor and give the customer a working solution. I would be out of business if I didn't do that.

ANCIENT ? yes . Improved ? NO !!
LOL (But sad inside)

I bet MA programmers have no idea of what they are doing since they are not addressing the issue, warning ppl and making an official statement.
I also bet MA programmers have no idea of what they are doing since they are unable to reply to my question of what that exception is referring to.

I think they are using really old (ANCIENT was meant a bit of a joke) code calls because I have read other places about AMD dropping old calls on their FX line of CPUs, AND so far EU is the ONLY game not working on my rig.

I also have no real trust in the developers in general since they seem to have a history of re-introducing old bugs every now and then and also the lacking PreVU testing and things like the Clientloaders old memory leaks.

Those are just the few things that dropped into my head. If you need more I am SURE I could make up a list that would be way too long.

...but still I love the essence and the idea of the game and wish to p(l)ay. :hammer:

Last edited:
AND so far EU is the ONLY game not working on my rig.

Same for me. My other MMORPG games run fine. I've opened my 3rd ticket on the issue, let's see if that helps. In the meantime, I'm offline until someone comes up with a solution.

I understand what you guys are saying. The big thing here is that MA had to drastically alter/modify the Cry-engine 2 code to get EU to work the way they wanted.. Because of this, they have to do a lot of work (coding) from scratch to get things to work. This does cause a lot of problems for them. This is also one of the things that makes EU unique, in the fact that it doesn't work the same as other MMO's. ;)

I hope that MA can fix this issue for the people who have these chips. Maybe AMD can find some time to help them. Maybe some pressure sent to AMD from the people who play EU would help expedite the process!! ;)

The one thing is, we don't know what the relationship is between AMD and MA is like. :dunno:

The one thing is, we don't know what the relationship is between AMD and MA is like. :dunno:

There is a relationship? :)

I'm not in the mood clicking the launch button 100 times to start a computer game.
This is so sad, I like Entropia. But MA is just...

There is a relationship? :)

I'm not in the mood clicking the launch button 100 times to start a computer game.
This is so sad, I like Entropia. But MA is just...

LOL yeah thats what the problem may be.. the fact that AMD isn't helping MA fix this problem, describes a disfunctional relationship between the two.. ;)

Unfortunately, unless AMD decides to help MA, this problem may take some time to fix. :dunno:

I have FX 8120 black edition and it work perfectly if u take core 0 off.

I know that MA not do anything about this for couble years cos fx using new x86 tecnology and all game engines using old one.

Last edited:
I have FX 8120 black edition and it work perfectly if u take core 0 off.

I know that MA not do anything about this for couble years cos fx using new x86 tecnology and all game engines using old one.

Yep the chip is using this technology, but AMD has released a patch for it.. The problem being, the patch only works with some games. For the others they have to work with each game company to solve the problems.

As for the core 0 solution.. it seems to work for some people and not for others.. So maybe it has to do with other factors such as hardware.. Just out of curiosity, what MB, Vid card, combo are you using with this chip?

As for the core 0 solution.. it seems to work for some people and not for others.

That worked great for me until the last 2 VUs.

I thought I was doing well, for a few days in a row I was able to get into the game in 1-5 launches. But yesterday took about 50. I usually give up after 10 and try again later.

One possibility is where I logout/login, but I haven't tried it enough times to confirm. It sure seems I can get in easier when I logout in a more remote areas.

Imagine the fun of trying to show this game to a friend: "Hey, this game has got really cool graphics, be patient, it may take 150 attempts to login. "

I'd go out of business if I delivered software to my customers like that.

The other MMORPG vendors seem to have found a solution (if they had the problem to begin with)

As for the core 0 solution.. it seems to work for some people and not for others.. So maybe it has to do with other factors such as hardware.. Just out of curiosity, what MB, Vid card, combo are you using with this chip?

Asus crosshair V formula, old hd5770 and corsair 16mb ram kit.

Edit : Using win7 ultimate 64 with "bulldozer" fix patch added.

Asus crosshair V formula, old hd5770 and corsair 16mb ram kit.

Edit : Using win7 ultimate 64 with "bulldozer" fix patch added.

Excellent.. Now the next question is.. where did you get the fix from? Is it related to your MB or more specific to the chip itself?? :)

As for the other people.. can you post your specs as well?? Maybe a common thing here that can be fixed!! :D

Imagine the fun of trying to show this game to a friend: "Hey, this game has got really cool graphics, be patient, it may take 150 attempts to login. "

I'd go out of business if I delivered software to my customers like that.

The other MMORPG vendors seem to have found a solution (if they had the problem to begin with)

Yes it would be a turn off if I was watching you trying to load this game and see that it took you a million and a half times just to get in!! :eyecrazy: As for the other vendors.. They are more then likely working with their own engines and if not they most likely haven't modified the engine the same amount MA has with Cryengine 2!! ;)

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this hotfix didn't help in my case.

Did you list your hardware.. I haven't looked ;) Just for curiosity sake!! :)

Did you list your hardware.. I haven't looked ;) Just for curiosity sake!! :)

AMD FX - 6 core - 3.3GHz
10 GB mem
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX - 6 core - 3.3GHz
10 GB mem
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 64bit

What is the Mother Board?

The reason I'm asking is the boards may have a part in it.. If the board is primarily intel vs amd, it could be the reason why some are having no problem with the patch and why others are..

anyone tried EU on AMD FX windows 8 ? I wonder if this is going to fix the problem

So, is the problem still there?
I have this error all the time. Tried everything. They are telling nothing more, just pointless error.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94895383/trouble.jpg

Im using 4.2GHz quad-core FX-4170 processor

Did you try the solution posted here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/technical/201735-entropia-did-not-shut-down-normally-7.html

Remember to close the task manager window before you start EU. I found that I still got the error until I closed the window. ;)

anyone tried EU on AMD FX windows 8 ? I wonder if this is going to fix the problem

I was going to try this on my laptop.. but haven't yet.. I read that Microsoft said that win 8 would support the AMD fx processors, so ya I am curious as well! :D

Back