FYI: Beware of the rounding waste factor!

Cerberus

Alpha
Thomas Skandis Stale
I've observed the system for quite some time, and people seem to continously make the same error in their calculations over and over again. The system works in the following way:

1) Roll the PED return of an action
2) Roll for the stuff given by the action

So when you craft for 2.64 PED per click and your (stackable) item of choice is 2.3 PED, you're going to get nowhere near that blessed 60% stackables; because every time you aren't getting a multiple of 2.3 PED (which is quite often) some of those 60% are going to be residue instead.

So stop bloody pricing your stuff as if you would get 60% stackables!

all i can do is laugh :)

While I agrea that there is a rounding waste factor, as shown in my crafting study (a bit outdated by now), I don't think knowlage of it (or lack there of) has much to do with what prices people sett when trying to sell their crafted stuff.

You simply have a choice between setting a "profitable" price and not sell your stuff or sett a lower price and sell them.

You simply have a choice between setting a "profitable" price and not sell your stuff or sett a lower price and sell them.
I do.

It's not hard finding some oddball merch that at first glance looks profitable, but with RWF in mind is absolutely horrible to sell at that price. I mean "level 2 amps is a sure way to profit" horrible. Without the amp market. Or the low MU input.

So stop bloody pricing your stuff as if you would get 60% stackables!

Bahahahaha, thats cute. You think 98% of the people that touch a crafting machine actually do calculations to see what they should sell at :laugh:

I would bet 50% of them cant even add 2+2.

Bahahahaha, thats cute. You think 98% of the people that touch a crafting machine actually do calculations to see what they should sell at :laugh:

I would bet 50% of them cant even add 2+2.

Actually we know more than 1+1=2 . Approaching to crafting and selling stuff is not as simple as 1+1=2 there are many factors that a good crafted considers when choosing a Bp and many streams of income.

If you spend 10 peds to craft and sell the product at profitable price to get 12 peds back for example, the buyer simply do the same thing instead of buying your product. As well as the. Exceed supplies than the demand, hence decreasing the value of the final product. For to be a good crafter, you should learn most thing by yourself because no one wants to share much knowledge about crafting with you. Good luck to be a good crafter.

The key is to have valuable blue prints that are extremely rare that not everyone can craft. If you can obtain one of these (Fi/CO/RA) Level 13's, XT, etc than you have a much higher profitability. Also if you ever do get a rare bp, work with others in the game to establish a minimum sale price to help protect supply and demand. Crafting items to make profit is going to be difficult at best. Craft stuff to get rare bp drops for weapons, attachments etc. Getting a big hof or ath may never happen. If it does.. than a extra big GZ to ya :yay:

Salty

Back