FYI: Beware of trades with lag!!

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
I did a trade on cyrene yesterday with a socm8. The lag there was pretty bad, 5-20 seconds to loot/craft anything.

So what happened? He put his item in trade window, I put my peds in and we accepted.
I got the item, he didn't get the peds. I still had the peds in my inventory after the trade was completed. MA is investigating.

So beware if you trade with lag! If there is lag, make sure you wait 20-30 seconds before you accept to make sure the server loads both sides of trade. Don't trade if you don't see the tt value in the trade window is updated.

Happy hoffing!

It’s true, This man scammed me of my 25 ped.

All joking aside. If you have lag be wary and don’t rush the trade. Luckily Bee is a solid guy, could easily go the other way.

suggestion : As well as allowing extra time, until we hear from MA that this is fixed, take a screenie of the trade window showing contents of both parts of the trade before using accept, preferably with time showing in chat window, especially if trade is high value. Even if trade is with someone you know and trust, then MA will be able to clearly see any problem and exactly when if it all goes horribly wrong.

suggestion : As well as allowing extra time, until we hear from MA that this is fixed, take a screenie of the trade window showing contents of both parts of the trade before using accept, preferably with time showing in chat window, especially if trade is high value. Even if trade is with someone you know and trust, then MA will be able to clearly see any problem and exactly when if it all goes horribly wrong.

This 100% the main reason MA were able to respond quickly and pass it to the correct department for investigation was the fact I had exact time stamps from chat logs, a screen shot would be even more helpful evidence.

Back