FYI: BEWARE: SKIM BUG, Economy "BUG" or "Skimming"???

Danski-Diane

Young
Society
Hunter x Hunter
Danski-Diane
Is anybody else getting skimmed when making more than 100 ped within game?

I have been UNcreditted TWICE now that I have made more 100 ped within the game. The ONLY two times that I have done that. I have now lost 200 ped.

Happening #1: Friend asks for help raising last 300 ped to get a land deed so I packed up the trade terminal with inventory I had on hand and counted the totals out to my husband as I went. When i got to over 200 ped worth in the window, I told my husband that it looks like I CAN make 300 ped if I also TT the strike chips I have and I put them into the Sell window. Total: 328.52ped. So I hit the Sell button saying to hubby that the total will give me a little left. When I look at the final total so I can give the friend the 300 ped...I only have 228.52 ped...not enough to help him!

Yes, I reported it immediately to MA Support. It took them a long time to respond but did saying I had two other sells at that time for an amount that somehow equals what I am short but NO credit do I get. OK, now I am thinking there was a server update issue or some deep lag problem so I ask for the credit again...saying records show I put it in the sell window but did not get anything for it. Days go by and new response is just a repeat of first response only now there is no report of missing and uncreditted items...just what I did get in credits. I dont dispute that total is what I got but it is WRONG amount!

Happening #2: So yesterday I go to place some peds and pecs on my in game card and I am shorted another 100 ped exactly! I had bought a new Valkerie Mk2 and painted it and texturized it on Wednesday letting remaining peds and pec stay off card and just floating next to the card. Then thinking I could do a better job of painting and texturing my new Valk...I textured it again in all three fields yesterday (Thursday). That left me with over 80 ped in texture overfill...just on that alone. So I go to the card tab and I see a total of 108 peds and some pecs sitting there. I picked up the peds with the mouse and dropped them on the card....but to my horror, I was only creditted 8 ped...not 108.

Now I am so disgusted and down-hearted that I dont even know how to make MA understand this...having just been thru what I had with the Trade Terminal problem/issue.

LOOK, EVERYBODY...Please check your credits when you put more than 100 in-game credits into your spendable peds. That is all I am saying. Whether this is an unrecognized BUG or something more sinister, I DO NOT KNOW...but BE SURE YOU GET CREDITTED PROPERLY.

I would sure like to hear from others who think they have hit this "SKIM BUG". Just remember...the cheating I got was on IN-GAME PEDS I MADE (over 100 ped), not on deposits nor other regulated transactions...only the unregulated ones within the game itself.

BE AWARE...MAKE SURE IT IS SQUARE!

As you can imagine, I am so disheartened. My husband is very upset...naturally. It is tough to deal with the fact that somehow I am ripped off in the one game I have loved so much for so long...and there is really nobody who cares to look for this "Skim Bug". So lets ban together if you have been "unlucky", too. This issue needs to be fixed...as soon as possible...right?

SKIM BUG: Please bump

Please help me at least keep this horrid problem kept to the top...at least. Every player needs to be aware of this.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Seems a bit incredible but given recently we had the missing hof this may be an actual bug.

I would suggest everyone to screenshot before you tt and after, every time you use the trade terminal or add peds to ped card.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Who would of guessed MA would resort to stealing :laugh:. J/k though sorry to hear your case.

I actually started with the Excell sheets lately , just cos of something like this .

This is hard to see if u dont pay attention and ive seen it too, but cant say i was really sure about it

+ the Excell sheets make u aware of where your peds are , as its mostly tied up in all the garbage in the storage ,

There is also another bug, which is, when leaving a Sleip, you somtimes 'fall to your death' even if you are on the ground...

I have had this several times

Seems a bit incredible but given recently we had the missing hof this may be an actual bug.

I would suggest everyone to screenshot before you tt and after, every time you use the trade terminal or add peds to ped card.

Better to be safe than sorry.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT ADVICE, George! Thank you!

I actually started with the Excell sheets lately , just cos of something like this .

This is hard to see if u dont pay attention and ive seen it too, but cant say i was really sure about it

+ the Excell sheets make u aware of where your peds are , as its mostly tied up in all the garbage in the storage ,

VERY GOOD IDEA!!! Spreadsheets are a great if you know how to use them. I have done many and I share the masters (setup but no data) whenever I can. However, who thinks to use them for simple in-game transactions? To be honest, I think I am scared to. I feel ripped off enough already. It just seems to get worse from what I can see in the spreadsheets I have done...though it seems it SHOULD be BETTER if your skill is going up. It is discouraging. BUT spreadsheets ARE a great idea and any data you might need is readily available from different sources.

Thank you so much for sharing. Don't feel bad...it is my suspicion that most people do NOT watch every transaction they do in game. Afterall, you would naturally WANT to be able to trust a game as advanced as EU seems to be otherwise.

Considering this is very much NOT the first time 1) MA has scammed us, and 2) would require "screenshot or it didn't happen", isn't it about time they implemented:

1) Ability to actually take screenshot from within EU (hell, they even ask us for screenies for competitions, but yet they don't include the ability to take them).

2) Put them in a user-definable directory, with date and time in file name. Hell, go with millisecond precision to never get duplicates too.

3) Selectable format. While I personally would require lossless PNG, many would probably stand JPG.

4) Plus-points for having actions for screenshot 1) with, and 2) without icons, chat or anything but the main 3D view.

Seriously, for a company requesting this from us, it's about bl**dy time they also included it!

Following that "missing 10,000 ped" that 5 crafting people encountered recently, I dont discount that any bug is possible.

Havent experienced it myself - or at least, not noticed it if it has happened to me.

That explains where all the extra PED on my card came from :)

(kidding, before anyone has a fit)

If that bug (feature?) exists, isn't it possible that PEDs somehow went to Ped Flow Center?

Sounds about right except when I get+100 I then get -500-1000

It is pretty amazing how much the hunting distribution change since the 19th of dec. Strange MA went on Christmas break and no big hofs hunting to speak of in over1 month.... 2 ok size 19k and 20k...mining and crafting are the same it seems.... (normal)

Only thing i can think of is it somehow goes toward CLDs.... Or to pay for that big ass #1 mining

I just hope something changes soon...

there was also a auction bug where u place a bid get over bid but the ped never gets credited back to your pedcard this sort of thing somehow always never shows up on there logs and your left up shits creek with out a paddle piss poor and rageing

I've just had a bug which may (or may not) reassure thread starter

Overnight whilst I was offline some animal oil sold and said my account was credited with 500 ped, however my ped card was not updated. Weirdly the auction item sold message was repeated twice. I was more concerned though that my ped card showed as 77 Ped.

Anyway I then logged into Entropia Universe website / Account / Items to see my total ped amount (TT value) and it looked right. So I logged out of EU.

On logging back in, my ped card was updated correcting and showed up as 577 Ped.

So it seems there is a bug with ped card not being updated correctly in real-time, but relogging seems to fix it. This may be the case with you Danski-Diane, and relogging gets you the missing Ped.

Its worry that a bug like this exists though. I hope we get a new VU next week.

Overnight whilst I was offline some animal oil sold and said my account was credited with 500 ped, however my ped card was not updated. Weirdly the auction item sold message was repeated twice. I was more concerned though that my ped card showed as 77 Ped.

Anyway I then logged into Entropia Universe website / Account / Items to see my total ped amount (TT value) and it looked right. So I logged out of EU.

On logging back in, my ped card was updated correcting and showed up as 577 Ped.

So it seems there is a bug with ped card not being updated correctly in real-time, but relogging seems to fix it. This may be the case with you Danski-Diane, and relogging gets you the missing Ped.

Thanks for the thought and advice. Believe me...I did that. Have to relog all the time like everybody else I have on my FL. Go off then back on and hope things straightened out. But I have yet to ever see those peds appear again, unfortunately. The second time, I was watching closely and saw it TRY to give me a balance over 100 ped...then quickly change which made me wonder what the heck was going on since all I did was add to the card. You know the feeling you get when the slot machine almost hits the jackpot but rolls over at the last second...ya felt like that...the numbers went forward then in reverse.

That explains where all the extra PED on my card came from :)

(kidding, before anyone has a fit)

Thanks...cute and funny.:laugh: Good thing you only joking...because I would demand you transfer it back to me. LOL. :tongue2:

Following that "missing 10,000 ped" that 5 crafting people encountered recently, I dont discount that any bug is possible.

Havent experienced it myself - or at least, not noticed it if it has happened to me.

BUGS??? :eyecrazy: No, there is NEVER any bugs in THIS game! :laugh: But I would gladly take a pec for each one! :tongue2:

Not sure if it'll help anyone keep track, but Treeview calculates tt values of peds in MY ITEMS part of planetcalypso.com... might be a good idea to check something like that often to make sure all the peds are there?

http://x1z.net/EU/

Dodge bugs, HOF bugs, now TT bugs and auction bugs.... is it about time to withdraw??

Thanks for the heads up..

I'll use FRAPS the next time I TT.

Sigh... and this is 100% UN-acceptable.. EVER MA!! The lag excuse and crap going on is very very old... fix this shit!! :(

Mindark are amateurs and our bank accounts are their learning curve. You are expected to accept this, thank them for it and deposit more $$.
:wise:

This seems like a really big limitation to the gameplay.
Be aware when you trade, be aware when you do anything in auction, be aware when you shoot, when you hof...

For me seems all just a little too much.
I did the withdraw 1 mount ago and I'm glad about it.
Cose as things are now, you can't really sit back and enjoy the game if you got to be more vigilant ingame then in RL. This is not a game anymore :)

Peace and +rep for letting other ppl know.

To the OP, please use FRAPS and catch that bug on video and then show it to the world, they must fix it ASAP, I will be vigilent from now on but I don't recall something like

Even if it is like Mega said, it must be caught on video, otherwise they will probably not take the effort to investigate

Two weeks has passed since darkmatter2222's comment, all was fine. Now, someone bumped it - and let's the drama rolls again.

BRING BACK THE TOWERS!!!1111

Back