Big Depositors - lets start doing business with each other

Its a game ...if people can afford high end graphics card to play this game they can very well afford to contribute 10/20/50$...
You obviously must not be someone that has ever lost a job, had some gigantic medical bill pop up on you because of a car accident or some other health issue, lost massive amount of property due to an 'act of god' that insurance won't pay for, etc. I can't say I've had all of those happen to me, but have had at least one happen to me or someone close to me the last several years. Just because people have high end computers or graphic cards does not mean they need to or want to pay Mindark every month. You are right, it is a game. As such, people, including yourself, should treat it as such - a form of entertainment. Some people enjoy entertainment for free irl, others don't. Some folks enjoy listening to the outdoors concert from the apartment across the street where the live. Others pay for the 5 dollar cheap seats. If you want to pay five thousand dollars for the most expensive seat in the house right next to the band in the front row because most of the money will go to charity, go for it. That doesn't mean other's can't enjoy the show from their seat too.

If Mindark didn't want this to be a free-to-play game, they would not have designed it to be that way. If you don't enjoy this game the way it was designed to be, there are plenty of other mmorpgs that will gladly take your monthly subscription fee if you want to pay it to them.

Mindark SHOULD NOT EVER kick out non-depositors, or limit their actions since anyone, depositor or non-depositor can become a non-depositor at any point in time any month due to either choice or real world circumstances that prevent people from depositing.

I do agree, folks can/should pay if they choose to do so. If they choose not to do so though, they shouldn't be looked down upon in my humble opinion, and realistically, there's no way possible for you to completely keep from paying non-depositors in a roundabout way somehow in game. You might try, but the people you do business with probably won't make you their one and only bff trade partner for life or whatever... they will likely get some of the stuff they sell to you from non-depositors, or get them from a depositor who got the stuff from a non-depositor, etc. Kim's said that Planet Partner avatars such as his own get a monthly allowance. The estate broker is one of those type of planet partner avatars... Does that mean you will never ever buy any estate in game since it came from someone who did not deposit?

Last edited:
Sure, you can add me to this list as I've deposted over 3 years worth of total salaries. (Enough to make anybody cry). I'll post up a screenie later when I am home ;)

Edit:

Here you go as promised... don't look if you don't want to cry :)

I also will not tell you when the last time I deposited was :)

~Danimal

As promised ... a Screen uploaded. Anyways I do not mind doing business with anybody that does not or does deposit. I just prefer to be doing business with anybody and everybody that will give me a good deal. So being on this list helps me get a good deal (where possible). That's all I'm going to say to that..

~Danimal

By the way this is directed at 99% of the people in this thread, not just the person I am quoting. This has turned into 14 pages of bs, simply because a select few got upset that the OP would prefer to trade with depositors.

I cant speak for everyone but the reason i posted in this thread was because of words like leaches and thieves being thrown around, and the sense of entitlement shown by some people who seem to think because they have a lot of money to spend on their hobby they have a right to view anyone else as dirt :)
I have no problem with the opening poster having his little big depositor buying circle its the idea that he and others should go on a witch hunt through the forum archive and pooling information looking for transgressors to put on a list of "deviants".

The only thing I find out of hand at the moment is this: http://entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=160363

I hope that there is some correlation between average claim size with depth we can mine. Unlike hunting, all our peds are going to these players whom we have never seen. I am quite sceptical about all these ATH. How are we to know MA did not create these avatars? For hunting there is a barrier to stop people being able to kill mobs that ATH. Mining has nothing to stop that, add to the fact that 'oh dynamics, anyone can ATH'.

OMG this is the guy on page 7 of this thread calling me a racist. He was a non depositor for 4 years and only recently started depositing. (if it's the same "sub-zero") and he claimed to have deposited about 60$ total i would guess. Good for him, but yeah this is right on point...barriers are needed.

OMG this is the guy on page 7 of this thread calling me a racist. He was a non depositor for 4 years and only recently started depositing. (if it's the same "sub-zero") and he claimed to have deposited about 60$ total i would guess. Good for him, but yeah this is right on point...barriers are needed.

At least he looks smarter then you, he hitted iron..
Your fav mob on tracker : TROX
fav ore : LYST
fav crafting item : LVL2 AMP

don't worry, you'll get there :lolup:

No it's not me. I wish though :(. About the barrier, the whole point of everyone who comes play this game and continue to play is that everyone can get a hof/uber/ath. It's all about luck. I wouldn't mind if it were to change though, more avg loot and less big ath's would certainly benefit everyone.
If they were to add a barrier, then it's a bit unfair to the newer players since they still get same shitty loot as everyone else only their chance of getting an hof/uber/ath would be at a lower amount. Then rich people would keep getting more rich, while newer players would be getting shitty as loot, why would people keep playing a game with that unfair advantage? And I highly doubt that there are MA avatars who play this game and hof/ath.
ps: About the racism sure it might have been the wrong word, but I live in sweden and usually when I don't like something I read or see something that is discriminating to other people like depositors vs non depositors, I call them racists. My point is everyone needs to be treated equal. But feel free to do your "Depositor soc" and trade only with whom you want, that's your choice. Just keep in mind that any player can become a "non depositor" and a depositor depending on the month or week.

And I highly doubt that there are MA avatars who play this game
Maybe not MA's Planet Partner avatars, but there sure looks to be other planet partners play this game.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ering-idiot!&p=2307034&viewfull=1#post2307034

http://twitter.com/#!/nevereverdie

http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/the-quote-from-rafael/
Excerpt from an email that I received from Rafael Espinosa de los Monteros Iglesias, CEO of Pyxel Arts, on June 8, 2011:

“Our employees are playing (and some have played for a long time) in Entropia Universe.

Maybe not MA's Planet Partner avatars, but there sure looks to be other planet partners play this game.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ering-idiot!&p=2307034&viewfull=1#post2307034

http://twitter.com/#!/nevereverdie

http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/the-quote-from-rafael/

lol, my bad then. But at least no MA avatars play this game active, getting hofs and ath's. Because they are the one who control the loot pool, if they did it would be 100% total unfair to the whole player base. I think other PP don't know how the loot system works, they might know that during a time something nice will loot, but not by what mob or what area, at least I hope.

but not by what mob or what area, at least I hope.
Sorry that we are straying from the subject of this thread a bit... but it is an issue about equality sort of, so it somewhat relates... and the forum is here to help people become aware of things and help one another out information-wise, so here you go..

http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studio-news/6817-may-20011-q.html

19. Once and for all who determines items that drop in RT/NI loot is it MA or NDS (For example if you wanted to add A-3 punisher MKII to drop from Forum trolls is it you guys or MA who would add this)
We determine which Mobs drop which items, that is essential for game design, we don't control how or when, so we can't predict when something will drop
so, it looks like yes, they do know what area/mob will drop what, and a basic idea of when (since they know which vu they change the loot in.etc.), but maybe not the exact second

Why are you making fun of me? I am not complaining about losing money. I am looking for other depositors. What does the fact that I found low MU stuff have to do with anything? Please...answer that question. Why are you even here?

yea, you ain't complaining about losing money, still you complain about a non-depo'er hitting a big loot & winning money.
Can you explain that?

No it's not me. I wish though :(. About the barrier, the whole point of everyone who comes play this game and continue to play is that everyone can get a hof/uber/ath. It's all about luck. I wouldn't mind if it were to change though, more avg loot and less big ath's would certainly benefit everyone.
If they were to add a barrier, then it's a bit unfair to the newer players since they still get same shitty loot as everyone else only their chance of getting an hof/uber/ath would be at a lower amount. Then rich people would keep getting more rich, while newer players would be getting shitty as loot, why would people keep playing a game with that unfair advantage? And I highly doubt that there are MA avatars who play this game and hof/ath.
ps: About the racism sure it might have been the wrong word, but I live in sweden and usually when I don't like something I read or see something that is discriminating to other people like depositors vs non depositors, I call them racists. My point is everyone needs to be treated equal. But feel free to do your "Depositor soc" and trade only with whom you want, that's your choice. Just keep in mind that any player can become a "non depositor" and a depositor depending on the month or week.

Well, I wish it was you cuz you probably got 10X the tracker history as the guy who got it :)

yea, you ain't complaining about losing money, still you complain about a non-depo'er hitting a big loot & winning money.
Can you explain that?

I said "good for him" (which means congratulations) and then agreed with another post that there is a barrier in hunting that prevents an opalo from killing a protoron, but there is no barrier limiting crazy hofs and aths (eva hotshot i think...cant remember...someone who played for like 5 days and got a 65k ath at 200 meters) I am not saying that the chance shouldnt be out there for a new ava to hit it big, but why does hunting require skill to hit big, but mining doesnt?

Yes they do.

Me as a planet partner am in charge of this re-balancing project but since I have seen a couple of people ask some stuff about MA (or me) that I though I may as well answer to some degree.

Yes, I played back in that time and I know people used to "fap fish" "fap flies" etc, back in the days only to skill agility (granted the cost doing this with a mod fap weren't that high but still it was a 100% loss to gain some agility and doing this for weeks did add up). I started playing PE in september 2003, and have played it since with a couple of breaks here and there. My avatar is 99% naturally skilled (chipped in 10ped FA back in 2004 to max the fap-50), I have played on a very low budget for all this time. Yes I have completed several Iron missions, pretty much all missions up to 1000 and 1 bronze mission.

I said "good for him" (which means congratulations) and then agreed with another post that there is a barrier in hunting that prevents an opalo from killing a protoron, but there is no barrier limiting crazy hofs and aths (eva hotshot i think...cant remember...someone who played for like 5 days and got a 65k ath at 200 meters) I am not saying that the chance shouldnt be out there for a new ava to hit it big, but why does hunting require skill to hit big, but mining doesnt?

your assumptions are wrong.

1st skill doesn't make you hit big (big is relative to input cost for the action), skill smake you able to use higher dps gear.
2nd a noob miner can easely cycle a shitload more then a noob hunter. (FOMA+big amps)

Can you explain that?

If a 5 day old avatar can hit a tower, then it's a sign that it's a lottery (=luck) than anything else. And then, if you want to have fun at a reasonable cost and value fun items higher than ATHs, it just feels bad.

Generally, I think it's better that 500 beginners gets 200 ped each, than one single beginner gets 100 000k. Why? Because reasonable loots gives them an opportunity to get basic equipment and stay in game, rather than 499 who'll get frustrated over bad returns and quit, and the happy one start to look for "withdraw" button and possibly quit (to create a new avatar to reset the "dynamics").¨

I've tried to play this game for the fun and the generally good environment, but it kind of sucks the costs to play for people who'll do anything for profit, for the ATHers, and not be able to get what the today rich people got up to year 2005.

And even tho it wasn't relevant, I know you are proud of yourself for pointing out my favorites are all low MU. 90% of the trox I hunted were in a free month long event on Atum that I enetered ONCE and WON, so my prize offset the low MU quite a bit.. right? Second, I use every L2 amp that I craft...so sometimes its ok to craft low level stuff, right? The lysterium...that is because I mine everywhere, not just where the high MU stuff is. This is because at this point I am more interested in skilling and learning rather than ROI, and DOME 17 SUCKS for MU so if I was only going after MU I would never have been there in the first place and not hit the gang tower.

My point is, you are not clever for pointing out what my favorites are on ET, not only because "A" I wasn't complaining about losing money and "B" you were wrong about the subjective value of those 3 favorites to me, and "C" so what if I agree the claims should be bigger the deeper you go...you felt the need to belittle me because of that? To show my tracker and tell me I am stupid?

Look, I know you are a long time player on EU and you have one hell of a hunting tracker. I would have thought you would be a little more mature when it comes to ripping on people.

The lysterium...that is because I mine everywhere, not just where the high MU stuff is.

My dream in mining is actually to get a nexus tower, despite the fact it's 105% or something like that, because I could use it. Or gold, for the coolness factor (yes it's silly lol). Sure, I'd be happy for an ATH in lyst or even ruga, at least as there is Nexus in auction at a reasonable price.
The ceiling lamps in my apartment comes as a small part in a cupper HOF I once had.

Some people say, "hunt mob <x> for the high markup weapons like HL15(L)". Yeah, right; the catch is just that to efficiently hunt that mob, I'd need to use more HL15(L) than I could expect in loot as I don't have any mod merc to grind with. And if I use any smaller weapon I get more armor decay and FAP decay - and as I don't have imp/mod fap, I'd pay more in fapping than the professional hunters. And for big robots, I have to pay more in armor decay using an (L) armor than the armor they have access to either by owning or borrowing from a friend/socmate (possibly using some other high value item as collateral).

And even tho it wasn't relevant, I know you are proud of yourself for pointing out my favorites are all low MU. 90% of the trox I hunted were in a free month long event on Atum that I enetered ONCE and WON, so my prize offset the low MU quite a bit.. right? Second, I use every L2 amp that I craft...so sometimes its ok to craft low level stuff, right? The lysterium...that is because I mine everywhere, not just where the high MU stuff is. This is because at this point I am more interested in skilling and learning rather than ROI, and DOME 17 SUCKS for MU so if I was only going after MU I would never have been there in the first place and not hit the gang tower.

My point is, you are not clever for pointing out what my favorites are on ET, not only because "A" I wasn't complaining about losing money and "B" you were wrong about the subjective value of those 3 favorites to me, and "C" so what if I agree the claims should be bigger the deeper you go...you felt the need to belittle me because of that? To show my tracker and tell me I am stupid?

Look, I know you are a long time player on EU and you have one hell of a hunting tracker. I would have thought you would be a little more mature when it comes to ripping on people.

point 1: good for you
point 2: not every crafted item is worth crafting, also for me atleast ROI makes me able to skill/learn more & faster
About the gang tower.. what was the markup on it at that time vs the tax paid? Also who said you wouldn't have hitted a tower on another place?
& point C.. would only benefit the older players, definatly when you take amp usage in consideration so it doesn't make sense. What would make sense is that you could drill up claims in a more eco way, but even then the ped diffrence will be minimal.

I should add when I select who I trade with, I have no idea if they're a depositor or not generally. But if I have a choice, I try to see how nice they are.

I mean, for instance Deathifier: He probably breaks even or so. But he has spent PEDs deveoping his land (Treasure Island) by buying teleporters and servicestations.

Then there are other players who got a DNA part players are waiting for to enhance a poor spawn, and they say "I want 20 000 peds for it, not a PEC less."

There are good crafters who imho try to make it good for players, buying resources and providing good services. And others who I remember as resellers when I joined (german who has cyrillic letters on his keyboard?) and want to get every pec out of a sale even it it won't be a sale.

There as (my definition) good traders and bad resellers. One maybe odd thing is that I consider Sarah good; buying resources from miners, back in vu 9 when I needed for crafting I bought lyst ingots in her shop (someone hinted me there was lyst at a good price there). Some people may argue that if you sell something to a street trader you'll get 10% instead of 20% markup in auction, but good thing is that if you come back from a mining run you can sell all at once even if some stacks, individually, aren't worth putting in auction.
And ofc, there are resellers who a couple of months ago bought CLDs from MA in global auction, and immediately reposted them in local auction. Or the kind of resellers who wait 4 minutes, add +1 ped bid, until everyone else has gotten tired and when auction is over repost whatever they bought and add another 1k ped.

Last edited:
so to get this thread back on topic.

I am a steady massive depositor.

If you wanna add me

Raven Lunchbox Palehorse

let me know what you want crafted, i can probably accomidate most things. I craft some of everything, but dont yet have many high lv bps, but i do have some nice and decent ones.

your assumptions are wrong.

1st skill doesn't make you hit big (big is relative to input cost for the action), skill smake you able to use higher dps gear.
2nd a noob miner can easely cycle a shitload more then a noob hunter. (FOMA+big amps)

I would just like to step in and say you're either avoiding what the problem is or misread what he is saying.

We are addressing the issue of how 'everyone has equal chances to HoF and ATH' is flawed. Obviously hunting has a barrier to entry with only high level people hunting mobs that dish out most of the ATH.

There is no barrier at all to mining. Yes everyone deserves a chance, but for hunting people earn their gear one way or another. Depositing and buying skills or getting there themselves. A fresh newb can get an ATH in mining. A fresh newb needs to put in to get an ATH in hunting. And with crafting, they have the benefit of tax-free.

Mining? there is no way for us to go big-game mining like hunting uber mobs without first being taxed heavily on amps, by land owners, by MA, and by newbs.

Our options to play like big-game hunters - mine amped on FOMA/HELL, or mine with bigger amps on planet. People call us stupid, but nobody calls big game hunters stupid. Why? Because the system for mining is stupid. How are we any more stupid than those hunting big mobs? We've simply just accepted the way of life for mining.

Mining gets no events, big percentage taxed and going to newbs, further taxation on amps. Basically there is no future for miners. We do not look forward to getting anything except the ranks our level gives. What globals we hit can be achieved without levels.

@Sunsout Gunsout,

Are you aware that you are directly trying to hurt no-depositors and small depositors doing this?

I would just like to step in and say you're either avoiding what the problem is or misread what he is saying.

We are addressing the issue of how 'everyone has equal chances to HoF and ATH' is flawed. Obviously hunting has a barrier to entry with only high level people hunting mobs that dish out most of the ATH.

There is no barrier at all to mining. Yes everyone deserves a chance, but for hunting people earn their gear one way or another. Depositing and buying skills or getting there themselves. A fresh newb can get an ATH in mining. A fresh newb needs to put in to get an ATH in hunting. And with crafting, they have the benefit of tax-free.

Mining? there is no way for us to go big-game mining like hunting uber mobs without first being taxed heavily on amps, by land owners, by MA, and by newbs.

Our options to play like big-game hunters - mine amped on FOMA/HELL, or mine with bigger amps on planet. People call us stupid, but nobody calls big game hunters stupid. Why? Because the system for mining is stupid. How are we any more stupid than those hunting big mobs? We've simply just accepted the way of life for mining.

Mining gets no events, big percentage taxed and going to newbs, further taxation on amps. Basically there is no future for miners. We do not look forward to getting anything except the ranks our level gives. What globals we hit can be achieved without levels.

So there hasn't been noob ath's on Levi while using a simple & cheap P5?
There hasn't been a revive killed proteron ATH?
Also I find it funny that when you talk about amp markup you call it TAX but when you talk about crafting, wich is with materials with markup, you call it taxfree.
btw the only profession that has such good avg mu is MINING
I also fail to see how newbs tax you on mining.
20k $ in deeds not enough event for mining?

So there hasn't been noob ath's on Levi while using a simple & cheap P5?
There hasn't been a revive killed proteron ATH?
Also I find it funny that when you talk about amp markup you call it TAX but when you talk about crafting, wich is with materials with markup, you call it taxfree.
btw the only profession that has such good avg mu is MINING
I also fail to see how newbs tax you on mining.
20k $ in deeds not enough event for mining?

If you had read that thread you would've seen my post about the event for mining. ONE EVENT is not EVENTS. Feel free to continue missing the point.

You also conveniently avoid my point on 'big-game mining'. FOMA has no MU. Oh wait, now you will go and ignore the fact that I say it is about the only way we can cycle as much peds as big game hunters and be called stupid for massive taxes.

Newbs in general do not tax us on mining. But when majority of ubers goes to newbs (I check entropia tracker out of curiosity), it is quite taxing.

Also, name me 10 newbs who ubered in hunting 10k+. I'll name you 10 miners too. Can you?

No point arguing, my case is done. Continue :).

EDIT: I would like to point out with all my rambling, my biggest problem is the apparent 'EU is dynamic'. If you disagree the fact that a non-depositor has a much higher chance of getting a uber in mining than hunting then I have nothing to add. But this hole in the system where newbs who we never heard of can come and ATH taxes everyone. One person using tt finder can hit two ATH and no one is saying its rigged? Why is it rigged and why has the avatar since disappeared? People actually believe that the avatar was just lucky? Is that not tax then?

Last edited:
lol...
OP - at least you got some names, you can probably just ignore the trolls now, others who would like to be on your list will still post and you have no reason to defend your reasons for your personal choices. :)

If you had read that thread you would've seen my post about the event for mining. ONE EVENT is not EVENTS. Feel free to continue missing the point.

You also conveniently avoid my point on 'big-game mining'. FOMA has no MU. Oh wait, now you will go and ignore the fact that I say it is about the only way we can cycle as much peds as big game hunters and be called stupid for massive taxes.

Newbs in general do not tax us on mining. But when majority of ubers goes to newbs (I check entropia tracker out of curiosity), it is quite taxing.

Also, name me 10 newbs who ubered in hunting 10k+. I'll name you 10 miners too. Can you?

No point arguing, my case is done. Continue :).

EDIT: I would like to point out with all my rambling, my biggest problem is the apparent 'EU is dynamic'. If you disagree the fact that a non-depositor has a much higher chance of getting a uber in mining than hunting then I have nothing to add. But this hole in the system where newbs who we never heard of can come and ATH taxes everyone. One person using tt finder can hit two ATH and no one is saying its rigged? Why is it rigged and why has the avatar since disappeared? People actually believe that the avatar was just lucky? Is that not tax then?

1. there have been some events in the past for miners, maybe not many but still some (sga ring a bell?)
2. FOMA, high tax & no mu.. why do you think that is? maybe it has to do with the fact that you need 0 skills in order to mine. About cycling peds.. it's not about the amount, it's all about what % profit margin you have or loss
ps I heard that duru in hell has some nice mu.. but yeah, i agree it's as hard as looting say a full TT L gun at that mu (sarcasm mode off)
3. what you call tax, i call mu in 75% of the cases, like markup on amps.. THE MARKUP IS HIGH BECOUSE THE MATERIALS TO CRAFT IT HAVE HIGHER MU, so who's fault is that, the crafters?
4. Like I tried to explain b4, a miner doesn't need skills to turnover 500 ped/hour, a hunter does.. hence why more noob miners get an uber.. THEY AMP & DEPO like you, some hit big, some lose big.
5. I can't name 10 noobs who ubered in hunting.. but the reason for that is couse I don't watch other ppls loot, I rather use the time to check my own loot & try to adjust where needed.
6. If you really think a non-depo'er has a higher chance to get an uber compared to a depositer then I can only suggest you stop depo'ing & give it a try.. let me know how that works out in a month or 6.
7. If someone profits, you call it tax?

On the topic, I have no problem with the op willing to trade with other depo'ers as much as possible, alltough I believe it's bad for the game.
I do have a problem with ppl who think depo'ers deserve more or think they are better in some way compared to non-depo'ers

@Sunsout Gunsout,

Are you aware that you are directly trying to hurt no-depositors and small depositors doing this?

These people do not care. This is discrimination against non depositors. And frankly I don't understand why this thread has been allowed to continue this long. It will only hurt the economy of the non depositors / small depositors. If they get big enough list.

These people do not care. This is discrimination against non depositors. And frankly I don't understand why this thread has been allowed to continue this long. It will only hurt the economy of the non depositors / small depositors. If they get big enough list.

We can strike back too, so don`t worry ;)

Lets see how long this will continue :)

Back