Big Depositors - lets start doing business with each other

Thats a good point, and it is why I think that a list of known non-depositors is really the only thing of benefit. I don't want to spend my money to people that are withdrawing it...that is the main reason.

I have some friends that deposit and some that don't, and more of my friends that depo end up withdrawing money from the game than the ones who don't. I really think a better list would be a list of people who have never taken money away from MA since you don't want to do business with those who withdraw.

Honestly, after 4 years of game play I can still be on the never having withdrawn list (please add me to that list). I do deposit sometime, other times I don't feel like it and just go swunt for awhile. I couldn't join your little club though as I believe that how much I deposit at any time is between me and my budget. Now that I have had my say in this silly distraction I shall go back to swunting. Have fun everyone.

So because someone can afford to deposit into the game they shouldn't be allowed to voice there opinons
on the state of the game at the moment? Yes no one twists anyones arm to deposit of coure but if i bought a tv for 2k dollars and it wasnt delivering value for money i think im ok to complain a little about that tv don't you? You people talk like depositors hate the game on the contrary i think they obviously liek it more than most non depositors or sweaters as they dont mind contributing and i odnt see to many complaining it's just the odd one here and there that make the leaving threads a few times a year, most are having fun as am i.

If lifetime is so much more valuble than money why spend 5 hours sweating a dollar out of an animal? seems to contradict itself that statement. No one is saying you cant sweat or not deposit they are saying they would rather deal with depositors, i see nothing wrong with them wanting to do that.

I certianly disagree that land owners are more leechers than non depositors, i known a few and they dont get rich, far from it and they add events which your taxes usually go to providing mostly.

But this isnt about all this crap it's about a guy wanting to form a network of depositors to deal with in his day to day play and we should let his thread carry on that way.

goodluck

1. As a participant you have all rights to complain no matter if you deposit or not.

2. If i was poor and had to choose between sweating here or to flip burgers for 5usd per hour to get a start in this game i would clearly chose the sweating. Sweating here is free and flipping burgers for 5usd an hour is a work for slaves, exploitation of humans. And lifetime is very valuable. The more freedom to do what you want the more valuable it is. You will learn this soon enough young padawan.

3. Come on folks where is your idea of the american dream lol. --> Dishwasher to millionaire - Sweater to high-roller.

4. But the most important thing. You guys want to be respected but you refuse to take the responsibility for your actions. If you fail in your expectation you search for victims may it be non-depositers, luckers, leeches or MA.
Dont get me wrong, i have several complains about the game myself and atm i am a bit pissed as well lol, so i stopped playing, selling my loot and enjoy the summer very soon. But the only person who i can blame for this is me cause i know the game mechanics.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS IN HERE AND IN REAL LIFE.
The first stepp to a better stage is to look at the mistakes you have done...

regards

Bottom line Suny is just because you deposit shed loads of cash you are STILL not entitled in anyway shape or form to be able to get it back just like the rest of us. Get over your self and watch how you word shit. Maybe you spend a few hundred in deposits and that a launguage course so you dont come across saying what you dont mean.
As far as your job or picture non of that inpresses me at all and is irrelevent to the conversation. I live on less then 10k USD a year now because of disabilites so your whiny ass I have money and think I am above everyone else thread is offensive in many ways. I have put well over 20k usd into this game early before finances got redused to shit and get treated like the redheaded step child of the universe in here and I aint posting entitlement threads using others returns as an excuse to put the spot lite on myself

PS: if you wanna play the tough role know this; damaged or not I will crawl all up in your shit when you get up in my face like you are tryin to do now. You aint messin with some street punk here dude.

I suggest non-depositors relax about their ability to sell loot. Even if this "group" were 20 strong, your stuff will still sell.

Consider: There are whole socs that only buy/sell among themselves. (or "approved" business partners) Has been for years. And your stuff still sells.

So calm down and let folks buy/sell to whoever they want.

I hope you're right JC. I really do. What I fear is that eventually the list will get so big, that it will hurt the economy for the non depositors. And it's already a pain in the ass for us. I just think it seems like a bad idea, imagine a player comes to twin peaks trying to buy something or sell. He offer same price as any depositor out there. But the buyer/seller asks if he is a depositor, and then the client says no. So the buyer/seller won't trade with him. Now that's just fric*ing lame. Get what I'm coming from? But yea it's their choice so whatever...

I suggest non-depositors relax about their ability to sell loot. Even if this "group" were 20 strong, your stuff will still sell.

Consider: There are whole socs that only buy/sell among themselves. (or "approved" business partners) Has been for years. And your stuff still sells.

maybe i missed the posts about non-depositors worrying about not being able to sell their loot?
If the OP wanted to trade with people why did he not post a thread in the trading section?
The OP suggested making a list based on trawling the forum for non-depositors and "pooling knowledge",
other "big spenders" chimed in calling non-depositors leaches and thieves, suggesting only big spenders should have a chance to ath or too withdraw based upon some arbitrary notion of what is fair from the viewpoint of someone who can spend 5K USD a month on a hobby.

All the while forgetting that it is MA's intention that the game works the way it does, it advertises and promotes it as such. The latest developer blog from MA even states as much:
One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants

I would also expect that people spending big would have a better understanding of the basic rules about how a economy works, and entropia universe works, and not make strange blanket statements like "sweaters steal from me" "newbs that dont play/spend enough steal all my hofs".
I am surprised at any surprise that in a time of RL economic recession sentiments that betray a sense of entitlement based solely upon how much money one has spent is met with (sometimes) angry comments.

To summarise, if the OP and others commenting had just wanted to form a trading circle of "big spenders" why is this not a simple thread in the trading section entitled "looking for trading partners with a decent budget - pm me".
I am sure a thread like that would be without comment from others.

As far as your job or picture non of that inpresses me at all and is irrelevent to the conversation.

That pic was a rebuke of your initial accusation of her "assault" on the disabled. The proper response on your end should have been: "Ok, I made a mistake." instead of trying to continue attacking.

I understand you are taking their comments personally. You shouldn't. I expect better of you.

However, this is the part that bothers me the most. First you mentioned lawyers, which is silly, considering the situation. However this:

PS: if you wanna play the tough role know this; damaged or not I will crawl all up in your shit when you get up in my face like you are tryin to do now. You aint messin with some street punk here dude.

Little reminder:
2.4 - Threats/Intimidation
Real life threats of bodily harm, injury or assault (either explicit or implied) or any form of intimidation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on any part of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and will be deleted and result in a permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

IRL threats are absolutely NOT tolerated here!

Now that's just fric*ing lame.

Be honest with yourself:

• If you had high income and deposited $1,000/month and you saw this thread, would you be just as upset?
  • If this thread was "buy only from non-depositors", would you be just as upset?

If either answer is no, examine why, and examine your motives in this thread.

@FallenAngel: You are right, there are two issues here: personal choice in market freedom, and stupid misconceptions about financial activity. However, they are connected. And you're wrong, some who do not qualify under his rules took it personally and did respond in great measure. Some with level headed retraint like you. Others who are more quick to let anger show.

Last edited:
Tippin'

P.S. feel free to overuse the "troll" card again because you cannot refute me pointing out your descrepencies.
It's pretty much all ya got here.

Dude, you have to stop "replying with quote" and then erasing what I said and typing in your own words and attributing them to me. It is a very weak and spineless act to do that and you should be permanently banned for altering a quote and making me sound like a racist by using the word Klan. Please stop altering my quotes.

Funny how a selected few that are against what the OP says ironically shown their own true colors. It only serve to taint your cause.

I am a small depositor....a total of $1500 US in about 5 years playing (on and off) and I can say that everyone who is up in arms about this is being just plain silly. The OP, and anyone else for that matter have every right to do business with whoever they choose, no matter what the motivation.

That being said, I don't feel the non-depositors and low depositors do anything to hurt this game. On the contrary, they help it. Non-depositors fill up the server with people. Without them, places would feel a lot more empty than they already do. Low depositors quite probably drive the entire economy of EU. They deposit small, but there are legions of them compared to the large depositors. Every player, no matter their income level matters.

The only problem I have at all with the OP's idea is his original post, and his idea that non-depositors are somehow not beneficial. I'd say the opposite is true. The people who were large depositors, and invested as a business strategy are taking money out of the game in droves (which is not a bad thing by the way...they did invest to get where they are). It is not the small and zero sum depositors who take away from MA's pool of development funds.

Again, I have no issue with anyone trading with whomever they see fit. I just believe in this case, the decision to trade with only high income players is motivated by a disdain for the non-elite.

My 2 pec...

maybe i missed the posts about non-depositors worrying about not being able to sell their loot?
If the OP wanted to trade with people why did he not post a thread in the trading section?
The OP suggested making a list based on trawling the forum for non-depositors and "pooling knowledge",
other "big spenders" chimed in calling non-depositors leaches and thieves, suggesting only big spenders should have a chance to ath or too withdraw based upon some arbitrary notion of what is fair from the viewpoint of someone who can spend 5K USD a month on a hobby.

All the while forgetting that it is MA's intention that the game works the way it does, it advertises and promotes it as such. The latest developer blog from MA even states as much:

I would also expect that people spending big would have a better understanding of the basic rules about how a economy works, and entropia universe works, and not make strange blanket statements like "sweaters steal from me" "newbs that dont play/spend enough steal all my hofs".
I am surprised at any surprise that in a time of RL economic recession sentiments that betray a sense of entitlement based solely upon how much money one has spent is met with (sometimes) angry comments.

To summarise, if the OP and others commenting had just wanted to form a trading circle of "big spenders" why is this not a simple thread in the trading section entitled "looking for trading partners with a decent budget - pm me".
I am sure a thread like that would be without comment from others.

I agree with every word of this post.

The OP has edited the initial post, removing much of the content that gave rise to the objections. That says something. Other threads that spawned as a result of the objections say even more.

I thank all those who contribute positively to Entropia, regardless of how much they deposit.

just a stupid question, in all the time I've been playing eu I depo'd well over 20k$.
But I didn't depo in the last 2.5 years, did I make it to the list or not?

I thank all those who contribute positively to Entropia, regardless of how much they deposit.

Thats the way i think also, i would like to thank them also.

Everybody is free to trade with whomever they like, the op, non depo, martians lol - is a matter of choice.

Now i guess the pro-con thing in the thread comes down to beliefs on society, elitism, pluralism, yadayadayada.... no real right or wrong, just different viewpoints/ideals.. but thats what makes society as a whole i guess.

Good luck to all :)

Dude, you have to stop...

For the record, there was no reason for this public post. You could have easily PM'd him and waited for him to return. I know for a fact you knew about his ban long before you posted this, so you know darn well he can't reply, and by the time he can, this will hopefully be a dead issue.

just a stupid question, in all the time I've been playing eu I depo'd well over 20k$.
But I didn't depo in the last 2.5 years, did I make it to the list or not?

I would think the requirements are loose enough to accommodate you, the general feeling and overtones is to limit the income of those who choose to leach.

Why buy my next L fap or whatever from a random in the ah for 200% when I can support a player who contributes to the game, give him my 200% and support somebody who supports EU. I get it and like the idea, Ill still deal with others just as I still like to heal newbies at nea's but Ill make a effort to work the list first.

This idea would be best served by a webpage listing avatars and services.

For the record, there was no reason for this public post. You could have easily PM'd him and waited for him to return. I know for a fact you knew about his ban long before you posted this, so you know darn well he can't reply, and by the time he can, this will hopefully be a dead issue.

Ok, sorry. Bad timing...But I don't really understand. If he is reposting made-up quotes of mine that he attributed to me (quoting me in the post but changing the words to make it look like I said something I didn't, am I not allowed to clarify it. Whether he was banned or not I feel that it IS fair for me to point out that that quote was made-up because other people reading this would not know otherwise.

I agree with every word of this post.

The OP has edited the initial post, removing much of the content that gave rise to the objections. That says something. Other threads that spawned as a result of the objections say even more.

I had to change it, and make it as clear and minimally incendiary as possible to accomplish my objective. I stand by every word I have said, I just was trying to ease tension on the thread to a point where people stopped getting mad and feeling the need to post things that were not helping me accomplish what i set out to do.

Do you guarantee that?
What if that group grows to 100-200? Or even more?

Soc trading has nothing to do with this thread and its already established in-game network.

I`m calm and actually find attitude "I have money and world owes me something" quiet funny.
And of course I can`t prevent anyone to trade with whoever they want - thats their choice.
But there is difference trying to lure as many people in.
And yeah, is this thread in Trading/Selling sub-forum?

I see it in "General Economy Discussion" sub-forum where people are supposed to talk about mark up, prices, deposits. Or at least I think that.

Its a fact that this thread is hurting no depositors ( even OP`s attention might not be that ).
I know you`re smart man and do realize that.

Thank you for allowing this, it shows another nice side of you :)

Be honest with yourself:

• If you had high income and deposited $1,000/month and you saw this thread, would you be just as upset?
  • If this thread was "buy only from non-depositors", would you be just as upset?

If this thread was "buy only from non-depositors", would you still allow it by the way?

I had to change it, and make it as clear and minimally incendiary as possible to accomplish my objective. I stand by every word I have said, I just was trying to ease tension on the thread to a point where people stopped getting mad and feeling the need to post things that were not helping me accomplish what i set out to do.

:)

Simple :

"I am looking for people who deposit more then $300 ( or whatever the number is ) monthly in this game.
Please provide me with screenshot and contact me. "

Would be enough.

Why there is wall of text then? :)

On a side note, I see you have problems with people who are making money of your deposited buck and think they are hurting the game.
Some of them are big depositors too, howerer they took out much more then they depoed.

And one of them is on your list already btw :)

*some of you I don't have full names for, so I will update this if you get it to me.
Narfi Hungry Wilem

Narfi Hungry Willem

That is my full name, I'm not sure what is missing?

And yeah, is this thread in Trading/Selling sub-forum?

I see it in "General Economy Discussion" sub-forum where people are supposed to talk about mark up, prices, deposits. Or at least I think that.

There's no specific buying or selling request, and no specific service being offered. It's a generalized "I wanna buy and sell with specific folks." So I'm ok with the forum category it's in.

Its a fact that this thread is hurting no depositors ( even OP`s attention might not be that ).
I know you`re smart man and do realize that.

Name three people who have been thwarted in finding buyers for their loot because of this thread and it's 14 participants. Generally non-depositors, especially long term players, tend be a hearty lot who can figure their way around potential problems.

If this thread was "buy only from non-depositors", would you still allow it by the way?

:scratch2: Why would I not allow it? What forum rules would it break? The mods don't act based on what we agree with or not. (If we did, you'd see a lot of threads/posts being shut down simply because we don't like them for some personal reason. Poor way to run a forum.) We mod based on the rules. I can see no rule this thread (nor the one described) has broken (or would break).

As I said, I personally find some of the OP and other folk's thoughts about non-depositors incorrect. However, as a mod, this thread and the idea of "establishing an ingame network" as you said earlier, is not against the rules.

my full name: Jack Djonator Wolfskin

Reactions: das
I hope you're right JC. I really do. What I fear is that eventually the list will get so big, that it will hurt the economy for the non depositors.

Why worry, if it got that bad which i find very difficult to imagine unless MA killed sweat and stones and fruit all you need to do is deposit, quite simple.

make one and find out :) im guessing you will get a bigger shit storm than this thread though but you are free to make a group that would help out non depositing players just as he is free to make a group of depositing players, i just don't see the big deal to be honest.

1. As a participant you have all rights to complain no matter if you deposit or not.

2. If i was poor and had to choose between sweating here or to flip burgers for 5usd per hour to get a start in this game i would clearly chose the sweating. Sweating here is free and flipping burgers for 5usd an hour is a work for slaves, exploitation of humans. And lifetime is very valuable. The more freedom to do what you want the more valuable it is. You will learn this soon enough young padawan.

3. Come on folks where is your idea of the american dream lol. --> Dishwasher to millionaire - Sweater to high-roller.

4. But the most important thing. You guys want to be respected but you refuse to take the responsibility for your actions. If you fail in your expectation you search for victims may it be non-depositers, luckers, leeches or MA.
Dont get me wrong, i have several complains about the game myself and atm i am a bit pissed as well lol, so i stopped playing, selling my loot and enjoy the summer very soon. But the only person who i can blame for this is me cause i know the game mechanics.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS IN HERE AND IN REAL LIFE.
The first stepp to a better stage is to look at the mistakes you have done...

regards

No idea why you quoted me :) Do you see me complaining about anything? I have done fine in the game, just cause i dont have any time for people who say they will never depo doesnt mean im complaining about not getting ath's and all that.

Now if someone was poor they wouldnt be playing this game now would they? takes a residence, pc, internet and time which the poor possibly do not possess so lets not use the word "poor" as it's not fair to people who really are poor and struggling.

2. I personally would flip burgers as that job can lead to further progression, i myself did some really crappy jobs when i was young but eventually you learn new things and progress in life where as you would still be sweating or trading in a game that may not even be here next week so bang goes your income and you would be i guess less than a "burger flipper" then but that job got taken while you were sweating :) , i would be going to school or college rather than sweat so i just dont get what your saying there to be honest, seems quite silly.

3. I am not American and im sure many also arent American, there is another world out there you know called NOT AMERICA it's quite large. (this was just a joke i know you mean us all)

4. i dont feel the need to be respected by anyone in the game i just go about my business and play with the same moral and social compass i use in real life so i will be fine. I dont search for victims and i dont do any of the things you state in point 4 and as far as "im responsible for my actions" well thanks but i pretty much already knew that and so far my actions have been what i wanted to do, yes some didnt turn out as planned but then some turned out better than planned so it all evens out.

I blame no one for anything what so ever i just dont have any time for the "i will never depo" players it's as simple as that so they can feel free to neverhave any time for me im sure i'll live.

So again no idea why you quoted me with your reply but goodluck :)

edit: oh man i just see i have done the last 3 posts, im not sure if that makes me a troll or somethign but no more posts from me for a while :) goodluck

Gold Card Fascists

Why don't you get people to post a pic of themselves with their gold card? - You could call your 'elite' the Gold Card Fascists.

- Altho it would not prove that they lacked success IG (a.k.a Large Depositors), it would confirm reasonable contribution to the 'game'.

Why don't you get people to post a pic of themselves with their gold card? - You could call your 'elite' the Gold Card Fascists.

- Altho it would not prove that they lacked success IG (a.k.a Large Depositors), it would confirm reasonable contribution to the 'game'.

I am no depositor and I do have gold card :)

OP looks for people who spend much more ;)

Back