BIG Monthly Progressive

Fixed, seems that global got locked in limbo somewhere, its been set free to flow through the appropriate channels hehe.

Thanks. Was wondering what happened to it. I knew I could see it when I searched our team name on EL and was very surprised it didn't show up in the progressive leaders. Hate to take the spot away from someone else but it was just an unbelievable hunt for our soc and we were all hyped about possibly making the list for a change :)

Question about monthly prize pool for march 2015

Hi, as I am currently at the top of the list and hopefully, it sticks (doubtful) how does one go about receiving the peds? I am not really clear on that. I have not seen a real good instruction on how this is handled or anything. Has everyone that has been in top 5 so far gotten what is listed? Also how do we know what the amount is? Can anyone that has won in the past months let us know what the total they got for this was? I am just curious to know what places you have gotten in the past and how many peds you were given and how did you get them? Thanks for any help or info.

Just letting you know its missing my team hof (2150) using my big ID....I see someone who hoffed after me in the list so I figured you missed it last time you updated :)

Edit: it was on scoria.

Last edited:
Just letting you know its missing my team hof (2150) using my big ID....I see someone who hoffed after me in the list so I figured you missed it last time you updated :)

Edit: it was on scoria.

Will check into it and get your sorted, thanks for the heads up. The systems automated, but like anything, can hiccup from time to time.

Cheers

kind of irritated at this point

Hi I placed in February and still have not gotten my winnings, I have tried to contact Meculus as I see noone else to contact from the post, so I am not sure what is going on but I would beware participation in this event for this reason alone. If you cannot say where and when participants can collect then what is the point in doing it? I did place another time and had to contact them myself to get the winnings and even then it was sort of a pain, and it was not from meculus I can't recall the exact avatar in game but it would be helpful if this was listed, and I would be alot less worried about it if someone from BIG would please contact me and meet me in game with my winnings from February, otherwise I will have to spread the word to not bother with this group, hopefully this is not the case but I am really starting to question the authenticity of this event.

Hi I placed in February and still have not gotten my winnings, I have tried to contact Meculus as I see noone else to contact from the post, so I am not sure what is going on but I would beware participation in this event for this reason alone. If you cannot say where and when participants can collect then what is the point in doing it? I did place another time and had to contact them myself to get the winnings and even then it was sort of a pain, and it was not from meculus I can't recall the exact avatar in game but it would be helpful if this was listed, and I would be alot less worried about it if someone from BIG would please contact me and meet me in game with my winnings from February, otherwise I will have to spread the word to not bother with this group, hopefully this is not the case but I am really starting to question the authenticity of this event.

I am in the same boat. No winnings from February and no one able to pay.

Still have yet to be contacted by anyone from BIG, I have already contacted mike freyr perry (paid out before), who said meculus would contact. He never did.
Send a message to meculus , no answer.

Asked another BIG rep, they passed on the message, not contacted again.
Meanwhile they spam about all the great prizes we can win daily.

On top of this since march 16th, I no longer get to claim global points toward BIG, even though the progressive weekly is logging these.

Please have someone contact me as well, I have points I want to cash out if this event is done with, as well as unpaid winnings. I see that meculus is still logging in here daily.

Perhaps the land owners can pressure BIG in this case? Lost revenues from people who no longer cycle on your lands will hurt.

same boat.
25 days and I haven't got my peds.
Its a very long period if you ask me.

I passed along the message.

same boat.
25 days and I haven't got my peds.
Its a very long period if you ask me.

Apologies for the delays this month, I handle payouts and have been traveling for work quite a bit so meeting in game has been problematic, I'll have you both square by the end of the weekend, and have better solutions in place for my busy periods moving forward.

Can someone help me with the math on this event?

Let's say I go and hunt Teladon and have a average global value of 200 ped. I need 100 globals to place 1st place. Then I get 6x multiplier and the grinder reward so this will give me 700points am I correct? Those 700points can be converted to 350ped reward for winning right? So to get those 100 globals I will pay 800ped (4% tax) in tax and in addition to that since global value is only like 40% of my loot I will cycle 30k ped besides the 20k peds in globals and that gives a total tax of 2000ped. So I paid 2k ped in taxes to get 350ped reward? I must be missing something?

Last edited:

Let's say I go and hunt Teladon and have a average global value of 200 ped. I need 100 globals to place 1st place. Then I get 6x multiplier and the grinder reward so this will give me 700points am I correct? Those 700points can be converted to 350ped reward for winning right? So to get those 100 globals I will pay 800ped (4% tax) in tax and in addition to that since global value is only like 40% of my loot I will cycle 30k ped besides the 20k peds in globals and that gives a total tax of 2000ped. So I paid 2k ped in taxes to get 350ped reward? I must be missing something?

Monthly is separate from the weekly you are referring to.

For the weekly though its usually best to accumulate the points. 10k points =10k ped.

As long as you hold out you get a 1pt:1ped conversion.

in that case if you got 1st with 100 globals it ends up being:

100(for hitting 100) +
200 (in points claimed at 2 per) +
600 (your 100 x6)

For a total of 900 pts.

150 globals at 1st place would get 1300 pts.

Plus potential for this monthly progressive.

Plus whatever landowners are willing to offer that are in the BIG program.

Plus whatever event prize money you may win on BIG lands thru event system.

Plus usually a nice focused area to work a mission.

I just claimed 10k ped from BIG last week, a few k from another Landowner(smiligs) just this week from monthly accomplishments there, and still have yet to collect 30%(couple k) for last months' progressive.

Tax is negligible on returns in my experience, I have survived quite well using this program over the years...it can add up nicely if done right. Hope that helps.

There are many opportunities (such as my program) that are coupled with the big industries program. If you do it right, they can be fairly lucrative.

There are many opportunities (such as my program) that are coupled with the big industries program. If you do it right, they can be fairly lucrative.

Could you give me a example of how your payback is showing the estimated tax I pay like I did in my example? I mean by the looks of this even the winner is paying more than he is receiving and that must be wrong or it's very lucrative to be a LA owner :D

Could you give me a example of how your payback is showing the estimated tax I pay like I did in my example? I mean by the looks of this even the winner is paying more than he is receiving and that must be wrong or it's very lucrative to be a LA owner :D

I won't clutter this thread with my event advertisements (I can address your question in my threads). But, it is as forgo says plus everything the LA owner has to offer. Those that make the VIP status, end up getting almost all their tax back and then you get all the BIG industries stuff. Your socmate messi91 did very well with the program.

I won't clutter this thread with my event advertisements (I can address your question in my threads). But, it is as forgo says plus everything the LA owner has to offer. Those that make the VIP status, end up getting almost all their tax back and then you get all the BIG industries stuff. Your socmate messi91 did very well with the program.

Can you reply in one of your threads and link it then? I guess I'm not the only one wondering about this and if people saw that it was worth competing then you would have more people contending also. Currently I see competing here as a money sink even if you hit 1st place so getting some more info out there wouldn't hurt.

Can you reply in one of your threads and link it then? I guess I'm not the only one wondering about this and if people saw that it was worth competing then you would have more people contending also. Currently I see competing here as a money sink even if you hit 1st place so getting some more info out there wouldn't hurt.

It's in my signature.. bottom of the original post. It's not really a competition. If people left Calypso once in a while, then there would be more grinders. Definitely isn't a money sink.

If you cycled 30K peds, you would pay 1200 PED in tax.

If you got 100 globals in that, you would get from BIG Industries:

- Get 200PED from the globals (2ped each)
- Get 100PED from the 100 global mark
- Get 600PED if you hit first place in the weekly

This is paid in points, which can be 1ped:1point @ 10K points.

If you are a Songkra Valley/Khorum Coast:
- Get 1-4 PED a Global depending on where you are in the program (100 PED-400PED extra)
This is paid out in ped, at the end of the month.

If you hit an uber and make it in the top 5 of the monthly progressive:
- Get 5% to 40% of the prize pool (Prize pool being around 3000-6000PED a month)
This is paid out in ped, at the end of the month.

Hope that helps.

Ok thanks for the explanation :eyecrazy:

Just curious who else is a rep of BIG. Was told by blast via PM that my Peds went to another person in order to get to me, but I have no-one to contact, and no one has contacted me.

The customer service end of things is starting to falter. I've waited quite a bit for payouts lately, and was even told that real life prizes are currently not funded...ie the prizes are mainly just peds at the moment.

I love BIG, but waiting for prize money ,and some mysterious stranger who isn't Blast to contact me is getting a bit frustrating, waiting for "better solutions".

Forgo, I'll touch base with you a little bit later today. I'm not a big rep but I can get you paid out

Was I the winner of this in May?

Back