blank (black) screen in stead of login screen

IvoL

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Peregrine IvoL Falcon
Am I the only one experiencing these login problems?
Or is this related to the server-issue that was reported on the 29th?

I didn't change anything recently, to be sure I just upgraded to the last 197.13 nvidia-release...but it is still not working for me.

Cheers,
IvoL

Right click on the Planet Calypso icon and then "Run as Administrator". This should allow you to login normally.

If only it was that simple....as I said, I haven't changed anything to my setup (soft- or hardware), and I'va always been able to run it normally ("as" my everyday user).
I did of course already try this to see if it made any difference...but alas.

I'm afraid I'll end up reinstalling the whole program... :dunno:

my wife is having the same problem with her nvidia 8300GS may have to downgrade the driver back.

are you using windows 7 64 bit?

as a matter of fact I am, and I did upgrade my gfx drivers, but only after the initial problem.

I've reinstalled and now I am able to run EU, but this time only as admin :?

as a matter of fact I am, and I did upgrade my gfx drivers, but only after the initial problem.

I've reinstalled and now I am able to run EU, but this time only as admin :?

thanks for letting me know i'll try and see how that goes.

I had the black screen, but it was fixed once I ran it as admin.

Check your Event Viewer as well; I've got this: "Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network."

Same problem here...

I remove and i install again still waiting 45 minutes to play again

Same problem here. Going to try the solutions starting with the easy ones first. So far running as admin did nothing for me. Running an ATI card here, Win7 32bit

Trying to repair a couple of corrupt files the repair tool found. Just over an hour for the download to finish... :eek: I`ll post how that works.

Repaired files and then it prompted me again sayin gthe same files are corrupted and to repair again. Instead I restarted as admin and for some reason this time it worked. I don`t know why but I`m not asking questions! lol

Files are still corrupt. Will probably have to try again to repair them but can play for now. :/

Last edited:
Had the same problem.

Changed the version.txt to previous version 11.0.0.45848, restarted client loader as admin, installed patch again, started clientloader again as admin and it worked. (win7 64)

same problem... kinda...Update!!!

I just finished downloading VU 11.0.0 now I can't log on. All of my systems have green checks. (Win7 64 bit, 3Gb RAM, ATI readon 3200) I ran the tools/ repair cand find a CRC mismatch on file bin32\stlport.5.1.dll. I have allowed repair to "fix" the issue a few times. Reapir keeps finding the same error even after re-downloading it.
When I try to log on, I get through the client loader, and when I select my planet, then it goes full screen and My mouse pointer changes to (I assume) your version of itm and that is where I stop.

I've now followed the other suggestions without success.
Did anyone else have the same corrupt file?
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Support got back to me today...
They told me to run as administrator, but it didn't work till I went to right click/ properties/ compatibility tab/ change setting for all users/ run as admin. I did it for both the entropia.exe and clientloader.exe I am now working nicely. I haven't tried only changing one file or the other, so I'm not sure if I needed to change them both, but I can't see the harm in it.
Also that file that the repair utility keeps finding as corrupt is a known issue. Support says it isn't causing these issues, and doesn't affect the game at all. If I could post an attachment, I'd put up a screen grab of the email from support.
Cheers!
:D:D:D

Last edited:
Same problem here
Could not get the updatepatch so i downloaded patch from forum
installed it and... black screen with only a mousepointer
updated gfx drivers without succes,since it shows the pointer it could not be graphicproblem though
had the repair running from login screen and deleted the patch as it suggested
Now it seems fine and i was able to login succesfully

Same problem black screen on launch.
Running windows 7 home premium 32-bit.

Doubt it is graphical error. In the client loader under tools, the repair tool found a few missing files and downloaded them. Working.

thanks for all your help. What i love about EU players! always an answer here on EF :D <3

I had the same problem a cpple of days ago:

The only thing that fixed it was a fresh reinstall (takes an hour or so, but it will fix it). Runs smooth now!

and NO: ... running as an admin does not work lol (seems to be a standard reply lol)

wow after the VU 11 wife had no problems then update today had problems. went to the exe files and put everything to admin and it works.

thanks all.

Back