BooBgirl Juicy WeT is gone ! here the Story why ... thx censor chip

Censorship yes or no ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just got this from preparations for Miss Calypso 2011...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:D

This pic makes me want to change my ava name to "Burpin' Burka Berserka"
:laugh:

BooBgirl Juicy WeT is gone forever :mad: !!!

Ya u see right , u wont see that name again ...

i got locked and have to change it :mad: --> here the mail

Hi,

We have received reports from other participants about the name you have chosen for your avatar. Please contact us by sending in a support case. We have locked your account now but if you give us a suggestion for a new more neutral name for your avatar we will unlock it again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

i dont get it , i can show my nipples and others got a name like vagi... , uhm wait not even sure we got free speach here :confused: but iv seen lots more dirty names ... maybe i report now any too :scratch2:

first boorum and now this ? I dont get it , this game is for adults . i had to change now, but its so silly after 5 years , kinda late or not :scratch2:

MA should better work on the missing stuff like Pet´s and mindforce ...
we should start a petiton maybe , i used to like free speech and some dirty humor ... and damn boorum was with 3 legs much more fun to look at. if this carry on, we end with a clean world without much fun... what do u think ? was my name that bad ? and isint it silly after 5 years ? and hell who reported my name ? ...

fee free to leave comment´s

your J... ahh no clue who i am now , getting a crisis :mad:

well it's probably due to ppl that are strong religion believers.
they often think they can change the world to a better place.
it are the ppl that make u puke.
the problem is those ppl think every one likes them for making it a better world.

it sad to see these things happen.

but please don't turn into one of them ,reporting others........
that way u wont be any better then them.

just my 2 pecs
greets sid

now leave ur kid to me for priest's abusement :p

what does worry me 8% voted 4 censor ship...

auch...now there goes the neighbourhood..

Petition?

Censorship? Clearly freedom of speech is for some but not for all.

You know, someone on forums and active in this thread started a petition on behalf of juicy here. (clicky link if you didn't see it).

I posted in that thread, it's on page 2. It was just a 4 line post, no biggie.

He asks a moderator to remove my post. The petition starter goes here to talk about freedom of speech, right after limiting mine.

Double standards? Censorship?

Freedom of speech is not limited to you and your friends.

No matter if freedom of speech can be applied here, this avatar name is really not too bad.
Given the content of RT there is quite some double standard applied and also its taking political correctness much too far.

But what is annoying me is that in this case the avatar was locked until another name was chosen.
Yes I can understand why MA would apply such policy for fresh avatars, but really a multiple year old avi? Come on!

This should be changed to maybe lock avis only 3-6 months old and to just contact older avis by support case and give em at least week or better two to react, before taking any further action.

Censorship? Clearly freedom of speech is for some but not for all.

You know, someone on forums and active in this thread started a petition on behalf of juicy here. (clicky link if you didn't see it).

I posted in that thread, it's on page 2. It was just a 4 line post, no biggie.

He asks a moderator to remove my post. The petition starter goes here to talk about freedom of speech, right after limiting mine.

Double standards? Censorship?

Freedom of speech is not limited to you and your friends.
If you think I did it because of that you're misinformed, I wrote in the OP no discussions allowed as that would be better done here in this thread. (which I linked to)
A petition should be just that or people would fast to just skip the message and not bother with it.

I will protect your freedom here or in any other place where the OP haven't asked to not discuss things when it's a better place for it.
I'm sure you remember roughly what you said, write it in here and I will see if I can get a moderator to add this link to your removed post.

PS.
freedom of speech and freedom of expression should be for everyone no matter your views so thats why I hate to be accused for limiting it for you. And sure no biggie if that was all but people tend to agree/disagree with you in their own posts and so we have a discussion going on and the petition gets forgotten. Thats the reason I asked for it to be removed, not your stands

:eek: Ohhhh :(
I would ask support WHICH part of the name has to be changed, maybe just the LastName?

And yes you are right, if boobgirl has to be censored a lot of clothes should be censored too then..

I always thought your name is a bit sexual tinted , maaaybe a weeee bit over the line but still funny and not offensive.

And yes ofc there are a lot of much more sexual and offensive names out there,b ut as long nobody complains you get away with it I guess.

Maybe someone just had a fight with you and thought "ha, now I gonna report her" ??? :confused:

Do you really think there would be such a problem with names like that in the long run in PE/EU/PC/RT? I dont, sure people might create them but I doubt they stay very long in the universe.

I do think it would very soon become a problem. If you look around the internet 99.99% of games and fora have naming rules, those weren't created and adopted all over the place for nothing. You would have a constant flow of trial accounts with immature names that might not stay long but will, like someone wrote before, give the starting areas and eventually the whole game a really bad image. Take a look at that other virtual world where floating tits and penises ran amock, they had to take action against that eventually.

The clear line is there to avoid having to discuss the semantics of every single name manually. If you put any sexual related content in your avatar name you cross that line and may be asked to change it. That has nothing to do with people finding random things offensive, the fact that it has gone unnoticed for 5 years or a prudish support staff as they are simply following their own rules.

Maybe i don't understand what the 22 pages of outrage are about because to me it seems everyone is fighting for their self-proclaimed right to use "vagina" as a character name, surely there are more stressing matters. :dunno:

I will end this post now until I get too political and get banned because of that, feel free to PM me and I can tell you my personal views on some things if you like(or in game) but not in public as thats against EF rules.

So you do understand some rules. Have you started collecting signatures yet against EF censorship and the lack of freedom of speech/expression here? ;)

...give the starting areas and eventually the whole game a really bad image. Take a look at that other virtual world where floating tits and penises ran amock, they had to take action against that eventually.

If you put any sexual related content in your avatar name you cross that line and may be asked to change it.

So you do understand some rules. Have you started collecting signatures yet against EF censorship and the lack of freedom of speech/expression here? ;)
Ok I get your idea of the image, and kinda agree to some extent

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it possible that a word can have dual meanings depending on the language(if I think of something I will post it, if I will be allowed :scratch2:)

I don't see the problem really with EF rules, but perhaps thats because I never been warned or banned yet(and yes I dont like the "!!!" change for certain words here either). But if you don't like EF you can go to that other forum, but if you don't like MA rules all you can do is leave the game and I don't know of any game thats 99.999% the same.

And although I would like mature civilized political discussions when appropriate, I've had enough of experience that tell me it's almost impossible without getting out of control with childish name calling as a result...

Did the 100 Argo mission today, and headed back to the mission broker at Outpost.

He offered a new mission, and 3 options appear

Yes
No
Give me some hints

So I clicked hints. The text of his response very similar to this

"It can be boring, but I like to think of people I hate while shooting. I like to say 'goodbye Mother, goodbye Father' while squeezing the trigger" :eek:

This is alot more disturbing than a booby Avatar. WTF?

Did the 100 Argo mission today, and headed back to the mission broker at Outpost.

He offered a new mission, and 3 options appear

Yes
No
Give me some hints

So I clicked hints. The text of his response very similar to this

"It can be boring, but I like to think of people I hate while shooting. I like to say 'goodbye Mother, goodbye Father' while squeezing the trigger" :eek:

This is alot more disturbing than a booby Avatar. WTF?

I'd agree on that issue over terminology Mulga, somewhat psychopathic and contradictory in values...

well i think its just ridiculous , they locked and told me that i need a new name without any warning .... after 5 long years ...

and think a little about whats comming next , for sure i dont wanne hurt anyones feelings... and if i did i am sorry

but where is the end of this ? maybe MA take now the nipples from the game :confused: , yay so entropia is more clean ...

ya right we need a sober game , so take also slut mobs from RT ... sexy armor ... sexy cloths and all other stuff away .

but i would be scarred i guess to much and sensles censor ship might be bad ... if all freaky fun ppl leave , how much fun ill it be ? and dont we depo probaly even more than a bible fan...

all what i wanne say there should be boarders

lol :D

5 years, thats a bit long yeah..
Maybe just leave the boob away, and then its ok ?

Indeed, moderation as part of an international commumity.

Did not read the entire post through, however as a parent and one that has a child that plays EU...

first boorum and now this ?

Plenty of examples of promiscuity, name yourself as you wish but to compound it is just asking for trouble.
Comparing yourself to mobs in order to justify is useless, it only serves to confuse things and may possibly inhibit the rest of us.

I would suggest the "juicy wet" part of your name is a little too much for the mainstream.
I understand u may have been playing for some time with that ava name, however I reckon I could change my name irl to something very offensive and get away with it for a long time....it depends on social situations and you know that I suspect. Stop trying to hide behind the net shield.

Just a brief 2 pecs worth...

Mac I'm very protective of my flock, however I would not allow them to play here until at least 18.
At this point, if they were 18 or even older, I would suspect there knowlege base for these matters would overide mine.
I think this matter is deeply underpinned in a quantity issue for MA and the need for neutrality amongst sets.
Given that the rise to support he issue is based upon power to the participants, moreso than the issue of crossing social boundaries in speech and avatar representation.
I doubt that much will change for many in this push and adjustments will occur in game to accomodate more presentable naming of avatars that you and I will feel safer amongst our own;
However the principle is being breeched and the reasons needs to be clearly demarcated by FPC/MA

Reactions: Aly
Horribly biased Poll. Op obviously does not care what others really think by posting this poll. Having names with boobs, !!!!, etc... in them all you are doing is making the game more childlike. Those names are anything but mature.

I definately agree !

I agree it's rediculous. There are too many names that could be seen offensive, especially if you have some major issues.

Just search for yourmom's "eu funniest names" and offend ur ass off.

I vote free juice boobgirl! ))

I would suggest the "juicy wet" part of your name is a little too much for the mainstream.
Obviously not for "mainstream" as it's been ok for 5years until someone noticed and reported that horrible name, so doubt "mainstream" got a problem with it

There is no censorship in entropia, since there is no free speech that can be censored. There are rules what you can and can not say, it's called the terms of use, funnily enough.

As to bad names and such, I do report them, but then being a guide I see a lot of them. And no, I didn't report the juicy one.

How I judge to report or not, is when I see a name, I imagine a 13 year old coming to their parents and telling me how they played with <insert name here> and what the parents would think.

Nice to see you stand up for your actions.

But is the name really the problem, not the way that the person acts towards others? (maybe you as guides got guidelines from the company too?)

if the kids tell their parents that and the parents get upset then just install some parenting software limiting their children's actions, free ones should be available I guess (I'm no parent so cant speak for those situations)
Since it's a global game the ethics are not the same all over, so something you might see as terrible might not in a different part of the world

<removed by author>

Last edited:
maybe you as guides got guidelines from the company too?
if the kids tell their parents that and the parents get upset then just install some parenting software limiting their children's actions

We got the same guidelines as everybody else has, which is the terms of use. And yes, if you see somebody break them, you are supposed to report it.

The child I was talking about exists only in my mind, and of course, you can limit stuff for them. And of course, in the real world, a lot worse things go on. So this isn't a 'what about the childrunnnnn' argument. It's just what I think is sensible. I mean, suppose some child says I played with boobgirl today, and some eehmm well-meaning parent goes sue-happy because somebody said boob ? Wouldn't be good for all of us.

I'd like to see a lawsuit involving the word boob.. Funny thing is the newspapers and tv wouldn't even censor the name as they report it as a jk. Nvm u can't sue, since you're agreeing to police you're own underage child by agreeing when u sign up.
Cmon now.

"Hello, this is MA support, we've had a complaint about your ava name but we're not going to tell you what the complaint is.
You can have as many guesses as you like at which part the complaint was about and when you get it right we'll change your ava name to that.
Love n kisses,

Support"

As Nirfu said, the only good thing about this is that it gives people a way to change their avatar name, by getting a number of friends to complain about it.

E.G. The Molly MacGuires were considered a terrorist organisation back in the 1800s - now, what would I like my new name to be?

How about Fianna na hÉireann perhaps? :D

I mean, suppose some child says I played with boobgirl today, and some eehmm well-meaning parent goes sue-happy because somebody said boob ?

Oh I bet MA could turn such a court case around pretty quickly because of violation of obligatory supervision on the parents behalf ;)

Its like the morbid situation where someone hits a child on a freeway and the parents even have to pay for the damage on the car.

Its a dangerous world out there and parents are responsible for what their children do, thankfully.

Sorry to read about this kinda actions happend those days in EU but virtual world avatars should be named little better. Sry but this is my opinion, but it is nothing baf then a second change to get new name :)

darth

I hate to draw attention but there are lots of other names not "appropriate"

I think it was because people complained.

It's so weird because MA never answers any of our other complaints!!

aka... loot sucks
proterons....
no mindforce....
no pets
and on and on

but LET'S fix someone's avatar name....:scratch2:
good god......

Bit odd to make fuzz about a harmless name imo, especially with the new emerger of boob mobs on Rocktropia :)

i got locked and have to change it :mad: --> here the mail

Hi,

We have received reports from other participants about the name you have chosen for your avatar. Please contact us by sending in a support case. We have locked your account now but if you give us a suggestion for a new more neutral name for your avatar we will unlock it again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

i dont get it , i can show my nipples and others got a name like vagi... , uhm wait not even sure we got free speach here :confused: but iv seen lots more dirty names ... maybe i report now any too :scratch2:

first boorum and now this ? I dont get it , this game is for adults . i had to change now, but its so silly after 5 years , kinda late or not :scratch2:

MA should better work on the missing stuff like Pet´s and mindforce ...
we should start a petiton maybe , i used to like free speech and some dirty humor ... and damn boorum was with 3 legs much more fun to look at. if this carry on, we end with a clean world without much fun... what do u think ? was my name that bad ? and isint it silly after 5 years ? and hell who reported my name ? ...

fee free to leave comment´s

your J... ahh no clue who i am now , getting a crisis :mad:

I miss one choice on the poll.
It should read:
"I am juvenile for choosing this name and therefore deserve to be banned since I obviously am not over 18.":rolleyes:
I vote for that choice

You may not register details on an Avatar hosting an explicit or implicit racist, hateful, degrading, religious, sexual or other form of offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable alias.

Taken straight from the ToU. But there are no definite lines. "Boob" may be offensive to one person and not the next. Personally, I think it's just kind of funny that you'd want that to be your name that people call you here, but to each his/her own.

Honestly, the game does say that if you're 18 or older you can play (without parental consent) so I don't see what the big deal is. I think the system would work itself out. People who make stupid nicknames like "IHave A LargeDong" or "Amateur Gynecologist" or something similar will just be laughed at by everyone else. No one will take them seriously and maybe they'll either quit or get rid of the old avatar and make a new one.

Who cares, it's a name. Goodbye Entropia Universe, hello Nannytopia Universe.

Back