BooBgirl Juicy WeT is gone ! here the Story why ... thx censor chip

Censorship yes or no ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn't matter if you convinced your friends to agree with you, as long as a name/nick doesn't violate the EULA.

Wouldn't matter if you convinced your friends to agree with you, as long as a name/nick doesn't violate the EULA.
Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)
8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

e. You may not register details on an Avatar hosting an explicit or implicit racist, hateful, degrading, religious, sexual or other form of offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable alias.
Ok just read the EULA once again and dont find a single bit in it about these things, just as I quoted above in the ToU. (ToU are incl in EULA but not in the EULA document)

Who will decide what is and is not offensive?
And if it's up to MA why did it take them 5years, so they probably(for sure) don't check this for themselves.
So it has to be people who report others when they think something is offensive so why wouldn't it matter if I convinced a group of friends to do it to someone if I can present a good argument for my view to MA? It has been done this way before as this thread is proof of.... (yeah not exactly but you get what I mean I hope)

Reactions: Meg
Ok just read the EULA once again and dont find a single bit in it about these things, just as I quoted above in the ToU. (ToU are incl in EULA but not in the EULA document)

Who will decide what is and is not offensive?
And if it's up to MA why did it take them 5years, so they probably(for sure) don't check this for themselves.
So it has to be people who report others when they think something is offensive so why wouldn't it matter if I convinced a group of friends to do it to someone if I can present a good argument for my view to MA? It has been done this way before as this thread is proof of.... (yeah not exactly but you get what I mean I hope)

Did you skip past what you did'nt want to see?
If don't know you have good manners........

t

The game is not policed by employee spies.

How can this thread still be going on?

Five years this ava got away with it because the company does not care in the least. However the moment someone reports, acc is checked. In this case locked and the user gets to change his name. Of course, this wouldn't happen if the avatar has some name like Blue Green Red.

You are perfectly free to do whatever you wish to. If it upsets another participant then they can file a support case. In this instance it seems the ava name clashes with the terms of use.

What is the problem. It's perfect freedom with responsibility.

[...]In this case locked and the user gets to change his name.
[...]What is the problem. It's perfect freedom with responsibility.

1) The locking was completely out of line, after 5 years at least a "warning message" before would have been the least to do.

2) The name as immature as it is, is by far nothing that would need to be removed especially with having a full planet full of sexual teasing content.

About point 2 can be well debated, but point 1 was way out of line and I think its a good thing that its discussed so much here and MA can see how much commotion it stirs up.
Sure it might be only a tempest in a teapot, but its a formidable tempest :)

The user filed a counter-support case, perhaps. As I understand it, he decided to whine on EF instead.

Five years without a whisper means there is no policing, no roaming staff moderators, no surveillance. I think that's good - a self-moderating community. If support had found that this username was within the confines of the TOU, nothing would have happened.

All of this thread is about some narrowminded prick deciding to report a name, yet 99% of the comments are targeted at support for doing their job.

All of this thread is about some narrowminded prick deciding to report a name, yet 99% of the comments are targeted at support for doing their job.

Yeah for a complaint that could have been 5 years old?
Has censorship risen to the point that self determined application to the code of conduct for the TOU is dicated by a minority of prudes complaining about a name in a game ...well that seems like discrimination against a longstanding Avatart to me;)
There is another way of looking at it!

If you, like the narrowminded prude who reported the boob, feel you have been offended by the actions of a fellow gamer (the prude, for instance) - file a support case. 'The actions of a fellow gamer bla bla injustice' or whatever. 30 pages of 'I want total freedom without consequences' in an officially unofficial gamer forum doesn't seem like the proper way to go about it.

It's not as if they banned him, to me that's perfectly all right.

I can't see the option

Why would you make an avatar with a name that makes you look mental age 9, take the offer of a free namechange and RUN

But if it was there, I'd vote for it. Twice.

Would I report an e-tard name like that? No. Who would. Some religious fanatic? I'm not. Someone who has kids playing the game too? I don't. Someone whose fists itch from reading a name like that? Possibly, but that's not me either.

What to do instead?

You're on company ground and you will simply have to do what the company tells you. In this case I think it seems clear that they want you to change your name. There have been instances of better gamers than you getting that offer.

Make up a new name and be happy this isn't someplace you simply get banned because support dislikes you.

I have seen many retarded names and this is one of the least likely to merit as offending. Retarded but inoffensive (I prolly wrote same about 20 pages back).

I think he was well aware that using that name automatically set him in a grey zone clashing with the terms of use. That's the whole point: every 'boobs' 'wank' 'marijuana' and 'potsmoker' name out there were made because the users wanted to seem somehow 'racy' or 'daring' (in reality it made them look mental age 10 but still no doubt the intention was to look badass).

They live with the possibility of getting a name change.
They live for making junk agitated threads like these - demanding justice, freedom and free pacifiers.

My above flaming aside - rereading my previous posts, I feel I make a point.

They have every right.
They opt not to enforce the terms of use unless poked hard.
They enforce the terms of use.
Anyone is free to contact support and ask for a decision to be changed.

I think you are taking the terms of reference a bit too serious vs the right to reply and have some fun aimed more at the complainant than the team at MA.
Why support a long term name changed right over right in the TOU because prude complains.
I guess the forum is one thing in voicing and opinion outside the concrete interpretaion of a TOU and has it's voice to do so.

Wow this is really bad of MA, why can't they just ask you to change your name then?

Like the way its ok for people to swear at me for no reason in game and this name is classed as ofensive after 5 years.

Get a grip MA and sort out the loot too.

Wow this is really bad of MA, why can't they just ask you to change your name then?
They did read back....

This is almost a necro now I'm out said what I have to say!

I think you are taking the terms of reference a bit too serious vs the right to reply and have some fun aimed more at the complainant than the team at MA.
Why support a long term name changed right over right in the TOU because prude complains.
I guess the forum is one thing in voicing and opinion outside the concrete interpretaion of a TOU and has it's voice to do so.

Yeah, sorry ;)

It's just that some user started a petition and on top all of this thread without a few basic 'go to support and talk it over'.

To support, it's just another standard procedure. The gamer has every right to get back to them but based on what's in this thread and in the 'petition' I strongly doubt he did that.

I simply feel it's about 30 pages of bad advice :)

They did read back....

This is almost a necro now I'm out said what I have to say!

I guess what northstar wants to say is: "why can't they just ask without locking the account?"

And that is not what they did xaph ;)

I guess what northstar wants to say is: "why can't they just ask without locking the account?"

And that is not what they did xaph ;)

My wrong with syntax Nothstar you are totally right there Pirx ;)

In December 09 there was quite a bit of spamming going on with comments in white chat like "Jesus loves you" and "Jesus saves" occurring in various places. A short while later Feffs and Boorum disappeared only to re-appear dickless. I began to suspect some church group had been in game and may have laid complaints on grounds of obscenity.

I could never prove this but with Juicy and I believe Mofo too ( not certain) having to find an alternative name it just seems a little odd after all these years the sudden changes.
I removed this bit
Anyway it's harmless fun to us with no more than humorous over tones when seeing various names with a bit of wit and humor. Drop the charade MA give us back our freedom, we pay for it.

Last edited:
Drop the charade MA give us back our freedom, we pay for it.

I'll just keep this sentence, sry for cutting what you said Rill, but this is the most important for me (us?).

Our freedom we had until now in Entropia, since PE was born... :headbang:

Without overestimating us as a community...I think we deserve that freedom, this is our universe. Even if we don't make the rules, we bring life to it, without the community EU is just a big online pixelized desert.
This is supposed to be aimed at a mature (18+, 13+ with parent's knowledge) audience.
So come on, give us a break. :rolleyes: :cussing:
:makelove::nutkick: are these forbidden on EF now??? :laugh:

Lez. :wtg:

<removed by author>

Last edited:
HAHAH when thinking about it (and I haven't even been drinking, yet :ahh:) - EU with the nude bug and look through female tank tops .. who's the pervert???

i guess me, since i show mine now more often around :D

Gaylord Focker! lol

Oooo another bacardi, why ty!

Jamhot

If i was to send a support case to MA about the avatar name "Gay Lord Focker" saying i find it very offensive, what might happen? Same in OP scenario? Hmmm.

:( i miss the 'Adult' Game as well ive bin playing for a verry long time as well.. but the new 'Eula' allow's 13 year olds to gambel in the EU ... so we must acomadet there parents now.. takeing out all the 'adult' content and replaceing it with... well kid's stuff... ^.^ but we will still be able to deal with adult's acting like chilldren ^.^ (my self included) ;)

:( i miss the 'Adult' Game as well ive bin playing for a verry long time as well.. but the new 'Eula' allow's 13 year olds to gambel in the EU ... so we must acomadet there parents now.. takeing out all the 'adult' content and replaceing it with... well kid's stuff... ^.^ but we will still be able to deal with adult's acting like chilldren ^.^ (my self included) ;)

The Eula has always allowed for 13 year olds with parental supervision...nothing new.

13 and above

Strange they lock your account after 5 years. When you create your account then is the time to let you know if it's ok or not.

Indeed it's a bit sexual tinted name, but so what we are all 18 or above, or aren't we ?

You must be at least 13 to start an account, There is a warning that game play may change while online. meaning you may see bad words etc. But this avatar name was approved when Juicy made the account 5 years ago. I see no problem with it and I've recruited all my children into the game as they reached age 13.:lolup:

EDIT: Ah crap. Just realised I have bumped an aging thread that was probably better off left alone. Sorry!

(That's what you get for not getting online enough i guess!)

Nothing to see here... move along ;P

1) The locking was completely out of line, after 5 years at least a "warning message" before would have been the least to do.

Agreed.

A lock after 5 years with NO warning?! Seriously?!
If it was something HIGHLY offensive (as in, something that would offend the VAST majority) then MAYBE.

But in this case, a simple
"Unfortunately your avatar name has recieved several complaints. As such, we require that you change your avatar name. Please respond within 2 weeks with the name you would like your avatar to be changed to. Failure to respond within this time frame will result in an account lock until an approvable alternative avatar name is submitted. Thank you."
(Although with this particular name, really don't think anything was warranted)

OK perhaps not the best wording. But it took me 10 seconds to type.. surely better than an instant lock for a regular customer of 5 years.
No matter how immature the name is.

I DO understand limiting the use of immature/offensive avatar names. Purely from a business point of view. For example; I HAVE had some cringeworthy moments when bringing in potential investors for the larger business oportunities in EU.. only to have global chat full of VERY innapropriate names (much much worse than the OPs, let's be honest. We all have our fun :silly2:, but I do think there has to be a line somewhere. Some of the openly racist names do make me cringe a little).

Personally, I am very hard to offend and really have nothing against the OPs name.
I AM left shaking my head by the course of action MA/FPC (no clue which) chose to take.

I'll chalk it down to just another one of those 'what were you thinking?' mistakes.

So so easy to avoid the negativity. Where's the brains when you need them?
Come on kids, you can do better than this.

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

Last edited:
Thankyou Aly, no matter how late free speech is golden:)

Quotes Budhha

"If our minds have created dualism, they should be able to un-create or deconstruct it. This is not a devious intellectual trick which claims to solve the problem logically, while leaving our anguish as deep as before"

I must say after 5 years that was some deconstruction I'm sure Mr Wet is still a friend for us :D

Thankyou Aly, no matter how late free speech is golden:)

This had nothing to do with free speech.

FPC are free to define what is appropriate in their house in the same way that I define what is appropriate in my house and the same way that a club may decide to not let you in if you are not wearing a tie.

FPC are free to define what is appropriate in their house in the same way that I define what is appropriate in my house and the same way that a club may decide to not let you in if you are not wearing a tie.

As I was quoted before let me say that I do agree 100% with that,
but still believe my original statements to be valid.

Of course FPC is completely free to handle this the way they want.

But a sudden lock - let me stress: a lock, unable to access account, having fear of having lost it all - after 5 years of no action whatsoever, is completely and totally out of line.

The procedure Aly suggested would be so much customer friendly.
Its not like Aly (if I read her right) or I would insist that the avatar name would need to be kept under all circumstances, but suddenly locking over such an issue is really no way to treat a customer.

Why I get my pants in a knot about it is easily explained too:
it could happen to me, or someone of my friends that some shit happens
and what then, lock of my account because of something I might not even know about?

No thank you sir I would prefer if FPC and MA would use locking only in really severe cases please.

Edit Notice: Since this happened FPC as functioning entity has become much more solid and the revamp of the support case system shows that progress is happening. I am pretty optimistic that cases like this will be handled much better in the future.

Last edited:

FPC are in the same way that I define what is appropriate in my house and the same way that a club may decide to not let you in if you are not wearing a tie.

And as you have said "free to define what is appropriate in their house" with a 5 year legacy to respond...does that support a change in trajectory?

But a sudden lock - let me stress: a lock, unable to access account, having fear of having lost it all - after 5 years of no action whatsoever, is completely and totally out of line.

And as you have said "free to define what is appropriate in their house" with a 5 year legacy to respond...does that support a change in trajectory?

I was only commenting on the "freedom of speech" aspect as I have seen a few posts on this subject that seem to attempt to elevate this situation to a human rights issue.

About the method, I agree that locking seems to be too severe, however the OP never stated that he was locked without warning so perhaps he was given a chance or two first? I am not going to reread this thread so forgive me if he later stated that this was the case.

On the timeline I don't agree that it is 5 years. This is now an FPC issue and they have not been running the show for anywhere near 5 years ;)

Personally I am happy to see them do a little housekeeping although instant lock is not the way to go about it in a case like this :)

I was only commenting on the "freedom of speech" aspect as I have seen a few posts on this subject that seem to attempt to elevate this situation to a human rights issue.
Comment is about a name.

About the method, I agree that locking seems to be too severe, however the OP never stated that he was locked without warning so perhaps he was given a chance or two first? I am not going to reread this thread so forgive me if he later stated that this was the case.
Given it happened the re-read is mindless banter.

On the timeline I don't agree that it is 5 years. This is now an FPC issue and they have not been running the show for anywhere near 5 years ;)
FPC ,EU Irrelevant point....nought;)

Personally I am happy to see them do a little housekeeping although instant lock is not the way to go about it in a case like this :)
So a switch in name gives licence to change ...simply said.

Back