Selling: *offers*Become a Shade Spawner! Book of the Gorgons Shade+Gem+Elixir.

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
Accepting offers around 2.5k for the book- drop me a pm :)

(Updated Jan 2022 with costs)

WTS - Book of the Gorgon Shade + Gem (mining)+ Elixir (hunting)

All three required to become a shade spawner - someone who can spawn the Gorgons Shade Wave event on Ancient Greece.. The book is also used to create perfected armour plates (the other parts used lower down the chain). Open to sensible offers from those who are aware of the costs and time involved to obtain this. Thanks

Last edited:
I had a few enquiries regarding this but I know its so hard to make offers without knowing figures. The actual cost ended up being extremely difficult to determine so I had made a spreadsheet and currently getting it checked by a few others to make sure I have the maths right! I will post it here with an update of what the costs involved were, with some hopes of getting some more info on what would be considered fair offers :)

Here is the link to the spreadsheet. It works out the cost to make the book just shy of the 5k ped mark, I know those who done it before me paid a lot more than this when the MU was very high, so this is not meant to under value any work they may have done and price they would expect.

I am absolutely ok with anyone who wants to have a look at the numbers, and feedback is fine too! I thought transparency on how I came to that number would be best!

I also have the gem and Elixir for sale, so with all 3 you can become a shade spawner.

Open to offers.

Last edited:
Total cost average clicks?

Does that mean your actual cost or if you are just factoring in standard crafting success/fail rate?

Total cost average clicks?

Does that mean your actual cost or if you are just factoring in standard crafting success/fail rate?
The second one, as the spreadsheet was made after :) (when I realised I probably better sell it, but couldn't figure out a price! )

Got you, ty and gl on the sale :)

[Book of the Gorgon's Shade] listed on Calypso auction, gem and elixir available separately off auction.

Gem and elixir available separately off auction, I may auction them soon like the book, will update and close this thread if I do :)

Once the book has ended on the auction I will list the gem and elixir too, I think it is soon so if you were planning to make an offer from this thread please drop me a PM before I list them too and thread will be closed. :love:

What kind of ballpark are you looking for the set? And what benefit is there to being a shade spawner? Do people pay for wave events?

What kind of ballpark are you looking for the set? And what benefit is there to being a shade spawner? Do people pay for wave events?
You can spawn all the shade waves you want just paying the 20ped sweat fee, if you use the 3 items for spawn the shade the first time become bound to you and you can use just for it all times you want. You can always ask for that sweat to more participant to spawn the wave for all or prepare events where people pay you a little fee and then you spawn the wave... there are more possibilities NI have a good community. Both Bonnie and me have the 3 items for sell.

PD. These 3 items are used too in the plates upgrade, gem for mod, elix for aug and book for perfected.

What made you "Realize you probably better sell it:" ? is something happening soon that will affect the functionality or value of the book/set in some way shape or form?

What made you "Realize you probably better sell it:" ? is something happening soon that will affect the functionality or value of the book/set in some way shape or form?
I can talk for me, i gather the 3 i have of each for upgrade purpose but i dont have the level or bankroll to farm the wave and upgrade them so i rather prefer to let them go and someone can do what im not able to do. And im not a man of 1 planet i get bored of the same so i usually change planet very often

I Looked on item history and could not see a price, to check market agaisnt my experience on manufacture cost

it is a a low level craft pretty much in average like a EP4 clicking at 90% return (at early stages 83% due to fresh BPs)
the bad part is the "compound" fail because some items have other items in formula and it slows the process much
one component (low tt value) is rather hard to find because few of drop each wave.

at the proper price it is better to buy than to craft, QR1 BP that you receive from the questgiver can hurt hard the ped card

I Looked on item history and could not see a price, to check market agaisnt my experience on manufacture cost

it is a a low level craft pretty much in average like a EP4 clicking at 90% return (at early stages 83% due to fresh BPs)
the bad part is the "compound" fail because some items have other items in formula and it slows the process much
one component (low tt value) is rather hard to find because few of drop each wave.

at the proper price it is better to buy than to craft, QR1 BP that you receive from the questgiver can hurt hard the ped card
Dont forget the MU on items to craft it, some of them still at more of 1k%, Boonie post here a cost spreadsheet that still very accurate

I will go through numbers... first thing i noticed is that the return for "sale of crafted items" is not accounted
(statues, columns, fountains are not turned in so can be sold to TT or someone itnerested to decorate e a property)

I will go through numbers... first thing i noticed is that the return for "sale of crafted items" is not accounted
(statues, columns, fountains are not turned in so can be sold to TT or someone itnerested to decorate e a property)
Yes they are counted. However I've not added MU to them as they are a pain to try and sell for any decent mu.

I am already a shade spawner and won't be making the plates, so there is no point me hanging on to them.

I have had people warp me in and pay me to spawn it for them, I've never really advertised this so couldn't really say if its a genuine option or not.

Price wise the book is by far the most expensive part of it all. The two I have cost me just shy of 5k each, however realistically now I'm just trying to minimise my losses. Right now I'm looking at selling for less than half 🙃

Accepting offers, clearly im not in any rush 🙃 but its doing heehaw in storage so may aswell free up the peds :)

As a feedback on number crunched, my experience is that 5k is not realistic anymore (sadly)

this is not a pricecheclk thread so i will just point on the REAL PROBLEM of this craft nowadays: AMAZON LEGS

about 20....30 of those drop per hour so need really a big timespan to collect the 700 legs that are needed to craft a book safely
to who underlined that they are 1000% i can just say "luckily they cost few pecs all in all so a failure is a small sifference :))

As a feedback on number crunched, my experience is that 5k is not realistic anymore (sadly)

this is not a pricecheclk thread so i will just point on the REAL PROBLEM of this craft nowadays: AMAZON LEGS

about 20....30 of those drop per hour so need really a big timespan to collect the 700 legs that are needed to craft a book safely
to who underlined that they are 1000% i can just say "luckily they cost few pecs all in all so a failure is a small sifference :))
1000% when they are cheap, they go for 2500% or more lately so books are actually more costly than ever more then 5k if you have fails :p

i will open another thread on how a book of shades is amde so that it is understandable how the price forms
this is a sale thread and it is not appropriate to derail from OP
@ Darlas: my esperience is different.

I'm not looking for the 5k I spent doing it, just hoping to minimise my losses.

I've had pms from a few people who went on to try it themselves and ended up just wishing they had bought it lol.

“You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”
― Madeleine L'Engle

Last edited:
“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

1 book and 1 gem left (I won't be making any more after this).

:)

Last edited:
Back