Boss mobs shouldn't time out in event wave spawns

Butch C v.2

Old Alpha
Society
Antipodean Army
Butch Butch Carisbrook
We spend ages thru 6 waves of longtooth to get to old fucking Fred and it was a battle and we had him at 25% and the wave timed out.

TIMES OUT!!!!

un fkin believable, why does the wave time out ???? You suck money out of people like fkin vampires no shit..

this message was brought to you today by the letters F and U

edit: obviously vampires suck blood just to clarify.

you have to know going in to it that this can happen but no matter what its a real "FOMA" moment.

you have to know going in to it that this can happen but no matter what its a real "FOMA" moment.

How do you have to know this can happen? Did you know that the old fred can time out? Is it written somewhere that during hunting old Fred there is a time limit? cause i haven't seen it and while it's being shot it should remain there.

I'm not talking "I" timed out or the game timed out I'm saying we were killing it and the fkin event timed out in big bold "impact" lettering and left us all there fuming.

that sucks when it happen
but even me know that all waves have timer

How do you have to know this can happen? Did you know that the old fred can time out? Is it written somewhere that during hunting old Fred there is a time limit? cause i haven't seen it and while it's being shot it should remain there.

Because all the frigging waves can time out, including bosses, a fact that has been known by anybody who actually did any amount of frigging wave events during the past frigging three plus years these have been around?

But hey, I am sure there will be yet another thread like this in not more than 6 months time when somebody else has a boss mob time out, not matter if its a raging daikiba bull or a traeskeron matriarch or whatever...

That sucks man, ah well at least ya know next time.

chin up mate.

I didn't know they timed out either, at least this thread will let people know i guess.

Because all the frigging waves can time out, including bosses, a fact that has been known by anybody who actually did any amount of frigging wave events during the past frigging three plus years these have been around?

But hey, I am sure there will be yet another thread like this in not more than 6 months time when somebody else has a boss mob time out, not matter if its a raging daikiba bull or a traeskeron matriarch or whatever...

Maybe this will alert others that didn't know as no one on that event knew they timed out. And yes im sure there will be another thread about it but then what would you do all day if you didn't have threads to be all high and mighty while replying in hey? :)

come on little man... reply... i see you sitting there itching to reply hehehhehe

how could a living creature "time out" ?? :scratch2:

no fkin idea... but they do. I have calmed down now though so fuck it. So no need for another 50 trolls to say "yeah they time out dickhead" i already know now, but if it makes your life worthwhile you go for it muppets :)

edit: just to clarify, that doesn't mean you muppet :) was nice hunting with you.

We spend ages thru 6 waves of longtooth to get to old fucking Fred and it was a battle and we had him at 25% and the wave timed out.

TIMES OUT!!!!

un fkin believable, why does the wave time out ???? You suck money out of people like fkin vampires no shit..

If this is not clearly the definition of an exploit,

tell me what it is then....

Btw I noticed HIGH ninja respawns in all longtooth areas (read above)

I 100% agree with you Butch.

how could a living creature "time out" ?? :scratch2:

He was getting a bit too rambunctious with Old Barney, and Old Wilma put on a "time out" to calm down. :D

edit: btw, I agree that it should not happen

TIMES OUT!!!!

*you're
:wise:

fuckin Rocktropian... pffft

yeah i left the g off :) now you can make another fkin post.

We love u Butch! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

/Yes ofc the mob ur shooting should not go anywhere. That's nonsense, it should go bye-bye.
If the whole wave has a timer, i can understand it, but once u made the 1st shot into a mob you have spent your peds so it's yours. Period./

The Longtooth wave spawners have a round timeout of 30 minutes which should really be sufficient unless you're trying to do the massive herd wave with like 5 people, then you run the risk of failing. Not all content is supposed to be doable with a small group, I'd recommend teaming up with more people or try the small longtooth herd.

In any case, the reason for having a round timeout is that without it some griefer could drag away a creature from the spawn, hide it and block the spawn for weeks.

The Longtooth wave spawners have a round timeout of 30 minutes which should really be sufficient unless you're trying to do the massive herd wave with like 5 people, then you run the risk of failing. Not all content is supposed to be doable with a small group, I'd recommend teaming up with more people or try the small longtooth herd.

In any case, the reason for having a round timeout is that without it some griefer could drag away a creature from the spawn, hide it and block the spawn for weeks.

bit fkin late telling me now dammit :)

I'm just a lowly idiot but if a griefer came and the mob wasn't on anyone's radar for a set time the wave should reset, but hey what would i know i'm not a rippoff merchant, we were killing it and and had it down to 25%.

Yea, sorry about that, information about waves should be more readily available. Ill send a request to platform development about displaying wave settings to players that enter.

Yea, sorry about that, information about waves should be more readily available. Ill send a request to platform development about displaying wave settings to players that enter.

Apology accepted but you are still on my kill list so don't wear any fancy armour and carry any big guns for a while.

and I was wondering where those people come up with ideas

If they feel that having all mobs time out in the wave is the best way to avoid exploits, they should at least provide a HUD countdown timer to timeout. Even knowing that rounds can time out it can be hard to know if you should start the next mob or just let it go and losing peds like that is really frustrating.

To be fair there was 20 or so of us and we went thru 6 waves to get to Old Fred that's a fair wad of peds to then end up taking Old Fred and hiding him from everyone don't you think :)

If you make it to Old Fred you aint there to hide him, you should have the time to kill him.

I'd prefer a rule in between to keep the creature from timing out as long as it keeps taking a substantial amount of damage. Some months ago we were on a Sand King and the server dropped many people for 2 minutes with the system claiming we were logged in still. When we could finally log back in the SK was timed out, while it was on it's last HP's before our kick, and all peds shot by everyone were lost. No compensation was given referring to some paragraph in a wall of text it is not MA's responsibility if their systems fail. It does annoy people greatly to say the least those inconveniently implemented timer things.

You can disallow vehicles to enter certain areas.

Disallow shared creatures to leave the area is not possible ?
This would avoid some more people feeling ripped off again because of a time out where nobody have any control ?

I think you had FAR the time to think about it when I see all wave areas which exist in the game since what, 3 or 4 years..., and all the threads made on PCF about this issue, no ?

Many time I saw people asking for a timer displayed on the screen,
but that's the "griefer"s fault i see..., or in other terms, our fault...

Awesome, it's the same thing we asked with Sandking.. Came back to game after a break, having no idea how wave events work. We got Sandking to 1% HP left and puff, he dissapeared.. (we had enough people, but the platform would need to hold that many players in game and not to kick out 50% of them out and not allowing them to login back).

Very frustrating, mainly considering it is not hard to announce there is some kind of timer when the wave starts (that's at least the minimum thing they should do).

Hopefully you can get this through with MA

I would say that is just a bad balanced timer, when 20 ppl fail to kill the boss. A timer hud and increase wave timer would help!

When ppl fail at such things, they just go away and never come back to do this waves. So it is much better just to increase the time and everyone is happy and go hunt this wave, so easy it could be.

Removed - didn't see Kim's response :)

Personally I find the reasoning along the lines of "someone could hide the mob for weeks therefore we have an unnotified timer of 30 mins" to be pretty..... desperate (which could probably be translated as 'pathetic' in some languages not as cautious as English!).

It's not new and it's not unsolvable (see thread responses), just like a lot of the problems which we still face!

However, I have read various MA comments on the threads in recent days, so I would also like to say a big thank you for the massively improved communication (at least this week..). I do indeed think more transparency and reasoning is the way to move forward, even if some of the reasoning is not agreed with by us users!

I don't think its anything malicious at all. And really I think putting the timer is the simple effective solution which most people would take, its just unfortunate here with the boss and the 1000's of peds... Basically they could just "make it longer" and that would probably do the trick..

Back