Boxes vs starter refill packs comparison?

binfordw

Prowler
I figure someone knows details on this,

How does opening webshop boxes compare to large starter pack refills, in terms of average ped value? Anyone recorded webshop box returns?

I used to always buy boxes, but recently started buying the refills for skill% pills and lack of useless fluff.

You are guaranteed 10ped tt for boxes with a chance at pills with markup and rings.

Boxes are a better value

Same value, it really comes down to what you prefer - to gamble on a chance for rare stuff or have a steady supply of skill pills.

edit: I've got 2 rings worth 500 ped from 10k boxes, Geo got several seasonal rings so our views might be slightly different :p

If skill pills are what you really want, alot of people buy the starter packs and just put the extra starting armors and gear in an off planet storage they dont frequent like Hell

Originally I used to depo from my bank card and buy PED directly into the game. Once I started looting seasonal boxes I bought keys to open these. I then bought boxes and keys from the webshop for about a year. A few months ago a soc mate pointed out the starter pack refills had 50% skill pillls, so now I usually do half an actual depo of ped and half on starter refills. I avoid the webshop boxes as I don't like all the crap that comes with them and I always seem to have more pills than I actually use. At the end of the day the TT value is the same but as Svarog pointed out is a choice of what you would prefer to get for your depo

Guaranteed 10p tt, but that includes crap pills you cannot trade for ped, correct? And since the majority of the items are crap, surely that would knock down the actual tt-able average I'd think.

I've never really added returns from boxes up, maybe I should.

Originally I used to depo from my bank card and buy PED directly into the game. Once I started looting seasonal boxes I bought keys to open these. I then bought boxes and keys from the webshop for about a year. A few months ago a soc mate pointed out the starter pack refills had 50% skill pillls, so now I usually do half an actual depo of ped and half on starter refills. I avoid the webshop boxes as I don't like all the crap that comes with them and I always seem to have more pills than I actually use. At the end of the day the TT value is the same but as Svarog pointed out is a choice of what you would prefer to get for your depo

Same for me, except I did webshop boxes once they were available over ped depo's, and didn't bother with seasonal's until a few years ago. Recently been grinding in an attempt to catch up with the wife, and the 50%'s have been a must have.

Guaranteed 10p tt, but that includes crap pills you cannot trade for ped, correct? And since the majority of the items are crap, surely that would knock down the actual tt-able average I'd think.
You can refine the non-tradeable pills into universal ammo.

Reactions: Geo
UA instead of crap in web shop boxes would be soooo great...
and all pills tradable!

Are the pet name tags able to be refined into anything? If not, they might be the only downside to boxes vs. refill packs.

I purchased 100 webshop boxes, checked my Account item ped total, and then opened. TT of account was only 9 pec less than before opening. I guess it was just a mental thing, seeing all the garbage items in the boxes that made me assume it was less tt value.

Are the pet name tags able to be refined into anything? If not, they might be the only downside to boxes vs. refill packs.
They are tradeable / tt'able. Yes, they are only 0.00001 ped each but if they were refinable you would get the same 0.00001 ped worth of ammo.

Hey Binfordw long time no see m8!
If you’re after 50% skill pills you can always get the platinum pack for 50 pills, 700 PED UA, and roughly 50 PED TT in dead tt (L) stuff.

Hey Ripper :)

Sounds like the platinum kit is way to go, same tt for $, but way more pills. Thanks for the heads up (y)

Back