Help: Bring back the good old Teleporting!

Do you agree that Teleporting has lost it's charm afther CE2 VU?

• Total voters

Harald

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Harald Viking Olavson
Bring back the good old
"woooshy" Teleporting!

As the post says... please bring it back;

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The story goes not been too active rigth after the bing implemention of the CE2 but now when i logged in and did my first TP Jump... i was very disepointed to notice that we no longer run when we TP and the sound is gone... :eyecrazy:

For me the TP'ing has lost some of it charm by these changes. :(

So this poll to see if I'm the only one that miss it or if there is anyone else that miss the old way for teleporting... :tp:

If anyone has mention this before forgive me for not finding that post.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]uaEJWarFeYI[/YOUTUBE]
:tp:

Last edited:
I heartily and sincerely endorse this request. The WoF start points now look like a parody of Star Trek as everyone beams away without spectacle. Bring back the lightshow, the fireworks and the WHOOOSSHHH into the ether. Even ADD fireworks, more than before. It just ain't the same now!

Hurrikane

I couldn't agree more,i remember the first time i saw someone leave PA via tp jump:tp: wohoo gota get one of those,:yay:
now its just boring same as any old tp.:rolleyes:
I do believe things will improve when they implement mind force again and the effect we're seeing now is just a temporary make do:wise:

I really miss this Whooosh too! That was one of the first things to catch my attention when first arriving at PA....

Ossi!

I heartily and sincerely endorse this request. The WoF start points now look like a parody of Star Trek as everyone beams away without spectacle. Bring back the lightshow, the fireworks and the WHOOOSSHHH into the ether. Even ADD fireworks, more than before. It just ain't the same now!

Hurrikane

Could not have said it better my self Hurri... :tp:

I been gone a loooong time, came back to look around, I used to love MF, now not so much.

It's coming back soon I sent Marco a PM a couple of weeks ago about various things and one question was about teleporting see below:

Regarding personal teleporting the current graphic effects we have now is this staying with us or are we eventually going back to the old style effects?, I really loved the old graphic effects and the magic of the effects this is one of the things that amazed me when I first started playing EU and was a major wow factor in me continuing with the game.

I feel the game has already lost the same magic effects of sweating which has now been replaced by a tool it would be a shame to lose the old teleporting effects.

Regards

DoubleZero

Marco's reply:

Hello,

MF TPing will be updated in a future update.

-M

It's coming back soon I sent Marco a PM a couple of weeks ago about various things and one question was about teleporting see below:

That's very good to hear... but we better not let them forget :tp:

I remember the first time I saw someone TP. I thought "what is that, it looks Cool!"

I remember the first time I saw someone TP. I thought "what is that, it looks Cool!"

That's what i mean... now it's just looking silly when you :tp:

I'm all for it!
It used to look cool and impressive when you tp'ed out. now it looks like "beam me out scotty"

Yep the old way was much better. Would like to see it make a come back.

Oh yea, bring it back and the sound affects aswell..

If only there were dancing monkeys running around when I went to TP.

Otherwise I am impartial, functionality is all I care about.

One of the things that annoys me on this new way of TP'ing is that you ar always heading North when your done... "Normally" you would still head in the same direction after the TP!

yup bring it back the old one was cool and would look ace at night in the new engine

At least bring back some sort of animation so people know when someone is winding up to tp. I'm sick to death of people running into me and having to start the process all over again :rolleyes:

Most likely we will see an update with the big MF makeover.

Can`t say for sure, but i think it was mentioned somewhere that this is only a temporary thing.

A worm tube on fire would be superb:)
Yeah Nadie I'm sick of geting slapped in the head with a virtual haddock ending it at charge up ;(

A worm tube on fire would be superb:)
Yeah Nadie I'm sick of geting slapped in the head with a virtual haddock ending it at charge up ;(

Ok you got me; not only do I hereby endorse the return of the old teleporting graphics, I approve and encourage FPC in introducing some sort of hand-held slapping fish. Epic.

Hurrikane

I think i am going to hold off on voting here untill MF as a whoe has ben bought back in.

Who knows maybe the TP animation will change then.

So would rather see what the new brings (If anything from the silly TP thing we have now)

Hopefully will be all change when MF is back

There are not so many fancy particle effects ingame now. Other than the smoke from volcanos and the fog and big panels of snow twirling around. My think is that when MF returns MA will use these effects to wow us. atleast I hope so :yay:

Last edited:
Actually, wouldn't it be cool if there was a small explosion instead when ya teleport? :D and a small distortion in space where ya arrive so people see you arriving before you do :yay:

Where's the option for "Maker an even better animation"? The old one was OK and the present one is worse, but I think a lot could be done to improve the visuals. If MA could make it so that people would do it just to watch the effects then they could make even more money. Are you listening MA?

Can`t say for sure, but i think it was mentioned somewhere that this is only a temporary thing.

Marco did say that a while back, don't feel like digging up the quote but I know it was said
so hopefully we will atleast have the old one back and maybe even a greater one :)

good to see you're back Harald :)

*writing my name under*

[YOUTUBE]uaEJWarFeYI[/YOUTUBE]
:tp:

Great vid :) Group tp'ing was one of the best spectacles ingame!

p.s. only put in the characters after the = to embed,
i.e. [YOU TUBE]uaEJWarFeYI[/YOU TUBE]

Back