broken stuff (collection thread)

Alukat123

Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
Hey, with the new VU:

- the auction NPCs on RT no longer work
- the teleport NPCs on RT/HTT no longer work, people are stuck in HTT.

Can't delete the default icons at the top right (progress, professions, skills, etc). Unless I'm doing something wrong. When I drag to trash nothing happens.

Can't delete the default icons at the top right (progress, professions, skills, etc). Unless I'm doing something wrong. When I drag to trash nothing happens.

I was unable to delete some icons so i just reset the interface

Look Up and Look Down commands were removed from the action library (not listed in patch notes to remove either)

Not sure if broken or intentional, but requesting vehicle access while in a vehicle is no longer possible, which means you cant fly up to a mothership anymore and request access to enter.
Will save me some annoyance from pirates who loved to spam vehicle access requests, but will make it hard to manage guestlists from multiple ships as i now have to be onboard of the respective ship to manage its guestlist and can no longer approve remote requests as they are impossible.

Further piloting a ship makes it impossible to set a target for your gunners if its behind you, as the camera always swings right back to forward view when entering cursor mode and you cant 'tab' pvp/player targets.

Mobs killed in space leave their corpses (and triangles after awhile) visible, this can look messi real quickly.

Teamtargets do not remain when switching servers (switching seats on spaceship) - this means it becomes even harder to chase down a specific opponent who might be out of range of one gun turret but in range of another(if target drops while switching).

Corpses of mobs killed in space vanish if the hunter switches from gunner seat to pilot seat to move the ship in range and is the only person ('outside'). The timer on the corpse seems to go to 0 if the person with loot rights is not on the server. - Is there really any 'need' for having lootrange < gunrange in space ? (make it equal)

Last edited:
Cant loot mobs in space.
Cant target mob which is not in front as camera spins back to front.

"...Removed the “click on ground to move” feature, which is obsolete in the new interaction system..."

Um, it is needed by some! Should be added back.

'Invert mouse' doesn't seem to work.

Which is a pity because functions they've stuffed on right mouse button rather belong on the left.

Cant loot mobs in space.
Cant target mob which is not in front as camera spins back to front.

Since the loot action planetside is triggered by 'F' this can not work in space due to 'F' being used to enter and exit gunner seats. Every time you try to press 'F' to loot a mob it will perform the 'exit seat' action instead and if you are the only person 'outside' this also means that the corpse timer expires and your loot is gone.
Only loot pills work for looting in space atm.

On mouse over item comparisons (which are a great idea) currently only work for primary item stats, if an armor piece has plates on it for example this will not be included in the comparison.

Hey, with the new VU:

- the auction NPCs on RT no longer work
- the teleport NPCs on RT/HTT no longer work, people are stuck in HTT.

My beloved RockTropia is now paralyzed, no access to storage, zero access to auction. I cant access my own ammo deposited few days ago.

Teleporters are dead.

I'm sad and my ava is sad. Vixens miss me and my big gun.

Last edited:
My beloved RockTropia is now paralyzed, no access to storage, zero access to auction. I cant access my own ammo deposited few days ago.

Teleporters are dead.

I'm sad and my ava is sad. Vixens miss me and my big gun.

lagoon storage worked for me.
the auction phones worked for me too.

Occasionally, upon looting a mob you start turning around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around...

...until you find a new target to lock, nothing else helps.

Occasionally, upon looting a mob you start turning around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around...

...until you find a new target to lock, nothing else helps.
MA's logic, if all else fails press ESC. :ahh:
Or does that not "fix" it?

When in cursor mode if you use hot keys to kill a target it can not but looted until changing back to non-cursor mode or by clicking with the mouse.

aka

weapon hot keyed to button 1. In cursor mode press button 1 until target is dead. If you press the loot key(function) it will not loot but will target next and run/attack.

Also for space have you tried using the cursor mode and right clicking on mobs to loot?

Fapping.... for the love of god we need health bars... a few ways to fix this is when healing tools equipped player health bars are displayed over their names for say 20m in all directions. Or allow targeting of players or something but not being able to see other players health bars is a major problem.... more so when dealing with shared loot mobs and so forth. Not everyone wants to team and with shared loot not everyone can team. Currently fapping is cancer. Also auto-tool usage for fapping is just a mess.

Tab highlight doesn't work when receiving pm, at least not when it's in main tab (not sure if it works if seperated).

When using a tp chip/teleporter it opens a big map everytime even if you change it to small/medium.

When using a tp chip/teleporter it opens a big map everytime even if you change it to small/medium.

Tab highlight doesn't work when receiving pm, at least not when it's in main tab (not sure if it works if seperated).

Can confirm both of these also

When using the storage or auction house terminals on ark the they 1. Refuse stay where i put them. 2. They slam into the middle of the screen. This is not horrible in itself as they are closer together. However they overlap in a way they prevents you have closing out storage. And for AH its not an "improvement" as when you hit sell, the place to place item(aka the box) to sell is still behind inventory screen.... thus requiring you to click and move it before you can drag and drop. Also effects trading windows setup.

Other insanely annoying thing. When you have a PM open to a person and they are nearby by you can no longer right click their name and do a trade with them.... this is stupid. This PM trick is insanely helpful finding the right person in a crowded place like twins or quarry more so when you are slow loads avatars. This needs to be fixed quick like.

These are all dead mobs, which have already been looted- but wont disappear.

For mining resource claims, 'summon claim' is now the default action (left doubleclick). lolwut?

Team target is extremely hard to set. Either you hover over a 3x3 pixel square somewhere above the mob, or tap it 3...4 times hoping it works.

Overall, this VU reminds me of the story of the guy who was brought to the hospital, where after making some analyses they told him "there is some blood in your alcohol". :laugh:

On a mothership , Turret zoom does not work correctly .
It is now impossible to find out who is in your vehicle , "show passengers" is not an available function anymore.

I refer to this post

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...elease-Notes&p=3694457&viewfull=1#post3694457

The problems shown in this thread so far and im sure there will be more, answers my question .
Either the people that went to MA did not test properly or they didnt have a scooby doo how to test properly and thought that what they did was enough.

Vehicles wont spawn.

Logged in this morning to check things out.
Cant spawn my rides.
There's no spawn vehicle in the drop down list.
I clicked place vehicle and it stuck on my cursor and cant let go.
Logged out went to work.
Many other issues but saw a few good things.
Gotta reload my key setup etc...

If you have multiple PMs open in the chat window, and one of it gets an reply there is NO BLINK.

Well there is still the sound displayed that someone wrote something, but you cant see anymore who was it, need to go through all open chats
:(

First reaction, probably not complete. The positive has been said already, now for what is broken.

Lock Target does not capture every creature within your field of vision. Sometimes it seems to only work along a narrow line through the center, sometimes a bit further to the side. Haven't quite figured out yet what it depends on. But more often than not, with creatures clearly visible, whether in 3rd or 1st person view, it doesn't seem to work as expected.

When a creature drops dead, especially a flying one falling to the ground, the target lock seems to be released. If I'm not very quick, the interaction button does not loot it but either has the next target selected already or opens a useless context menu. I then have to interrupt my pattern and use the mouse to turn and find the carcass again to loot it. Very annoying.

Sorely missed is a way to go backwards through the target sequence or to start over as the removed functions "select previous target" and "unselect target" provided.

Can't target flying creatures using the keyboard only with the functions look up/down removed.

It is not very often that I play sitting upright like a good boy at the dining table or an office worker, with one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse. Suggestion: Take the furniture out of one room in the office, throw a few mattresses, make a mess of blankets and cushions and toys and food and whatever, add some real distractions (if employees have pre-school children let them come along and be right there with you) to expose your devs to some real-life conditions. This will help them create a product which works for everybody. Cheers!

As a general rule: Removing features, or better said: degrees of freedom, is not good. Adding features, or better said: degrees of freedom, is good. "It's no longer needed" is not a good excuse, because this always is subjective (not talking about merging two buttons into a single more intelligent one here). If something really is a hindrance in a way which is not obvious to users (such as mentioned about the healthbars), it needs to be explained better why it has to go. Some of the removals, e.g. look up/down, appear quite unnecessary.

When storage opened, inventory opened side-by-side (which is generally good). When you close storage -- inventory REMEMBER its new placement. Which is definitely broken behavior (I won't inventory in middleof screen each time)

The line provision for skill requirement for armor (that was never implemented) has been silently removed

The line provision for skill requirement for armor (that was never implemented) has been silently removed

Which is confusing since they said in ama answers that they still planned to do that.
Also gone is the 3% on L items, you can now break items all the way down.

Back