Buck is back

buckaroobanzai

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Buckaroo Buck Banzai
Hi all,
after a long long break (almost 6 years since last meaningful activity, 5 years since sell-out), Buck is back on Calypso. I still have all skills (lvl 80 laser sniper/78 BLP sniper) but pretty limited equipment.
Being noob again, I will need some help to resume my ped-drain activities. What would you suggest to check out in order to have a view of the recent game developments? Instances? New mobs? Old grinds?

Thanks for any suggestion. Take care,
BBB

Scan auc for markups and tools to get it, then go for it :).

So your name is Buck, right?

And you are here to.... party?

Anyway, welcome back!

Better watch your Achilles heels, and get a helmet :scratch2:

Just depo $10k and click explosives IV, it's all anyone does anymore...

But on a realer note... I would considering hunting on arkadia or RT with your skills. All of the mid-high lvl mobs on calypso have had a vast % of their loot changed to shrapnel and ammo.. Still can look muscle and eye oil from smaller mobs though.

Ark mobs still loot a variety of decent stuff.. Oils, components, etc.. Even at higher levels. GL and welcome back!

But on a realer note... I would considering hunting on arkadia or RT with your skills. All of the mid-high lvl mobs on calypso have had a vast % of their loot changed to shrapnel and ammo.. Still can look muscle and eye oil from smaller mobs though.

Ark mobs still loot a variety of decent stuff.. Oils, components, etc.. Even at higher levels. GL and welcome back!

+1 on ark and RT advice

Thanks for the inputs, but ... ehm ... what is RT? :ahh::confused:

Welcome back. :)

My advice: Consider this a whole NEW game that's very similar to that game you used to play. There are so many differences now you are basically starting from scratch, albeit with much better skills than other noobies.

RT = Rocktropia. That is my suggestion also. Or Arkadia. Both planets drop more items than Caly.

Hi all,
after a long long break (almost 6 years since last meaningful activity, 5 years since sell-out), Buck is back on Calypso. I still have all skills (lvl 80 laser sniper/78 BLP sniper) but pretty limited equipment.
Being noob again, I will need some help to resume my ped-drain activities. What would you suggest to check out in order to have a view of the recent game developments? Instances? New mobs? Old grinds?

Thanks for any suggestion. Take care,
BBB

Welcome back! A lot of changes have taken place while you were away and you may need to read up on all that has been going on. RT = Neverdie's planet called Rocktropia.

Awesome, my mentor has returned !

Welcome back Buck, I will gladly take the mentor role and return you the favor, this place changed a whole lot.

I will message you whenever i'm on.

Have fun, Akon

+1 on this as well. After a short riptor hunt I have come around. I don't understand why so many are still glued to caly. We need to start spread out so these other awesome planets can have a working economy.

Just carefully transport you loot in space

Space is lootable so you most wait for a mothership to transport your loot otherwise you risk to get looted :wise:
Cost 5 0r 10 ped to travel with them I forget the price :jawdrop::jawdrop:

:woot: BBB IS BACK! :yay:
Saw u in game but I'm really glad that now it's official :)
Now you have an year to rearm for WoF! :ahh::laugh:

Agree on other post, (above all on Arkadia imo) loot has better MU on other planets, but %back are +/- the same everywhere.
Don't forget to activate quests at mission terminal to gain other skills/attributes.

DRM/Marco

Welcome back man ! :yay:

Welcome Back!!

Do you need a mentor? ;)

I sure do. May I get the Brave M.E. as present once I graduate? :rolleyes:

Brave M.E. (or friend alpha/beta) isn't the common mentor drop anymore. It's typically Hunter armor parts ME IIRC

Brave M.E. (or friend alpha/beta) isn't the common mentor drop anymore. It's typically Hunter armor parts ME IIRC

Yep, 7 disciples graduated in the last couple months. 4 Huntard Armor Parts, 2 Skill Pills, 1 A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition.

Yep, 7 disciples graduated in the last couple months. 4 Huntard Armor Parts, 2 Skill Pills, 1 A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition.

wait, they give out skill pills at mentor prizes? are they some sort of ME skill pills or the regular ones from strongboxes?? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Welcome back Buck.

You will hear from people saying "dont come back, run away etc"

From the more positive side, which is obviously why you 'came back' and announced it.
Read up on all the changes, and believe it or not, they implemented several much requested features after all that time.

Offline messaging
Auction Search

dozens of others.

Portable TT and repairer people take for granted now, but are relatively recent additions.

I hope you enjoy the Universe better 'second time around' :)

Welcome back Buckaroo!

Hi and wellcome back :)

wait, they give out skill pills at mentor prizes? are they some sort of ME skill pills or the regular ones from strongboxes?? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

They don't say 'mentor edition'. It's 40% Skill Gain for 10 hours. A4 10mg is what I got both times. I have no idea if these are in strongboxes or not.

Maybe because it was a joke ... I am not eligible for "formal" mentoring anymore.

yes you are :) when the mentor system was reintroduced (it went away for a bit) everyone was given the chance to redo it :) though you need someone more skilled then you ...

Back