Bug report: 100% free space skills

step out of the sleip/quad, and evade gets earned on an even keel

Raising pilot skills artificially just before introducing Space missions, is a total insult to the pilots and crews who have done this through normal gameplay, not to mention unfair. You wouldn't like it if your skills were devalued..nor do we !!

Well if spacecraft skilling can happen on Calypso, because a planet is in space, can we please get mining skills when in proximity to asteroids and other space rocks, and evade when near mobs... in stupidly large amounts ofc ? Then we will be on an even footing with others for planetside events such as MM, Goldrush etc.

Raising pilot skills artificially just before introducing Space missions, is a total insult to the pilots and crews who have done this through normal gameplay, not to mention unfair. You wouldn't like it if your skills were devalued..nor do we !!

I agree with Granny, I want my Evade for sitting in pilot seat.... can I get a years worth of blp for shooting MS guns for a couple hours to please.

FYI: She's in a mothership not exploiting getting space skills on the planet.

Not sure what you mean by this other than perhaps to be mean.

I have worked damn hard in space to get my captaincy level and equally hard on planet to get my weapon skills and evade (ok I confess it I am a lousy miner.. but we aren't all perfect)

I was simply trying to point out artificially adjusting player skills in this way is unbalanced, unreasonable and unfair to those who worked hard to achieve them
My use of evade and mining as examples were just sarcasm and meant to point out how unthinking MA has been on this occasion.

Owning a warp capable ship is a big cash investment, running a repair skilling ship is a huge investment in time for myself and my crew, then we see others getting the skills we took months to get in a few hours.. Would you like it if MA gave a bunch of new players your skills, in case they need them in a forthcoming event ?

However knowing how mindark has handled such cases in the past i have to admit that i take part in the skilling and have recommended to others to do so as well just in case there is no rollback to atleast hold a part of the headstart we used to have in space related skills before this weekend event happened.

inb4 ToSsers get banned.

Just kidding, I love you guys ;D

There are many times that I wish I wasn't heavily invested with skills and land areas because after massive bugs like these.. I wouldn't play a game that made serious failures like these and some examples that have been mentioned in this thread.

Each time stuff like these happen, I just shake my head in disgust and do my thing.. work my events and try to make the universe a better place.. until the next cluster where we take a few more steps backward.

Someone I know sold his ship the moment this event started and the skill farming began.

Last edited:
Having slept on things, I've decided that I am not got to attempt to cheat and earn spaceskills on planet (or hovering above it).

However, if MindArk don't repair and roll back this total fuck-up of a bug then I will take my business elsewhere until they do. This is no idle threat.

On a previous occasion when space was messed up (the "alien abduction" bug where recently globalling people were beamed into space, kicked out and looted) I chose not to log on until things were corrected. It took MindArk a full six weeks to put it right.

I don't need to hold my breath on this. I've been ignoring Elite: Dangerous for a while now despite having it downloaded.

This whole thing seems to be an slight at mothership owners who have invested time and real money on grinding and upgrading, a slight at those of us who have put many hours in repairing and piloting also.

Now it's your turn, MindArk. The community needs your response. It had better be an appropriate one.

From skill window:
Skill name "Spacecraft Pilot" , Description "Spacecraft pilot is the ability to manouver a spacecraft in SPACE in a secure way"

(Colour and Caps mine)

It couldn't be plainer, if the skills were not earned in space they should be rolled back

Don't wanna get into the discussion, however...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_(disambiguation)

Space doesn't necessarily mean "Outer space".

time to make a logical comment only to be bombarded with hate

simple solution to the constant whinging

"log out or better yet dont log in during events "

I have read so many threads regarding the same arguments and whining from the same people

only when the masses refuse to take part will any real action be taken .

thank you . I will go back to my popcorn eating and be again entertained by these sky falling threads ;)

Cant belive why so many ppl gets angry when it's just MA realising their obvious plan. It is possible that anyone is still mad on things like "skill shitstorm on hoglo diablo" when MA is going throug their plan for over a year already ?

To those who spend last year offline....MA is devaluating literally EVERYTHING in order to switch game into electronic lottery.
So far victims are armors,guns, gun amps, uber faps. Making skils worth shit just started...hoglo diablo and space skils are beggining and test.

If most items will be worth shit then more ppl can afford them (skils and uber gear especialy ) it means grinding in order to be able spend hundreds peds acros all activities will be not needed anymore. You would be able to do that almost "out of the hub". Big wallet required only - less u know about game meachanics, faster u forward your cash to MA. So far newbs were able to spend few peds/hr. Whey they skilled enough to do more they were also smart enough to not do it :D

Good job MA ;) what next ? Personally I bet on LA's and other pasive forms of incomes ingame.

Today will be an interesting day; I expe words from MA. If a rollback of captain related skills does not happen it is quite depressive since that means that the few honest people around gets assraped. we who chose to participate in the actual event, will be on the losing side while the exploiters walk out as winners.

If so; does that mean that any exploit is okay to exploit? Can I start making my own ammo? Maxing UL weapons? Trapping mobs? There are a ton of exploits out there, that me and the people around me discovered and reported. Guess that we should just use them next time.

This was so fucking obvious, it could be spotted from a mile away that something was very, very wrong. Yet, most of the community took part in it.

Today will be an interesting day; I expe words from MA. If a rollback of captain related skills does not happen it is quite depressive since that means that the few honest people around gets assraped.
Unfortunately there is involved too many active players, if rollback will be implemented, MA must return all decayed vehicles back (I wll recieve my 100 PED back!). So this wont be happen.
I do not want to offend, but I got my skills, although for the most part paid for them. I must to get banned or skills must be removed? Stupidity ...
And...several people, who don't used this possibility vs 300-1000 people which used, just lol!

Today will be an interesting day; I expe words from MA. If a rollback of captain related skills does not happen it is quite depressive since that means that the few honest people around gets assraped. we who chose to participate in the actual event, will be on the losing side while the exploiters walk out as winners.

If so; does that mean that any exploit is okay to exploit? Can I start making my own ammo? Maxing UL weapons? Trapping mobs? There are a ton of exploits out there, that me and the people around me discovered and reported. Guess that we should just use them next time.

This was so fucking obvious, it could be spotted from a mile away that something was very, very wrong. Yet, most of the community took part in it.

It could also be spotted from miles away that this was a intended stress test on servers.

- How do we get more people and more lag to be created for testing the new settings?

- New LT event?

- Nah thats not enough, dont attracts that many players, besides alot of ppl on ark and RT.

- What if we make them belive they are the smart ones, getting something valuable for low cost?

There wont be a rollback, this was intended, they wont admit it though, but it was intended.

Why have 1 spawn in pvp if not? , just so those who really really got tired of lag , could hunt aswell.

They managed to get the entire frekkin active playerbase ( or not far from ) to go hunt, or spawn a vtol, or just stand on the ground healing.

Thats valuable to MA in terms of stress testing.

And as a note, its a huge difference if you make you own ammo, or max a gun using a bug, than decaying MU vehicles.

Time will tell.

Unfortunately there is involved too many active players, if rollback will be implemented, MA must return all decayed vehicles back (I wll recieve my 100 PED back!). So this wont be happen.
I do not want to offend, but I got my skills, although for the most part paid for them. I must to get banned or skills must be removed? Stupidity ...
And...several people, who don't used this possibility vs 300-1000 people which used, just lol!

I know.

You are right, and that is what bothers me. Nothing will happen.

---

Okay, who wants to know how to max non-sib weapons, get free ammo and fly fast in space?

If enough of us do it, it might be okay.

So, the consensus seems to be; I am an idiot for not exploiting.

Great.

So, the consensus seems to be; I am an idiot for not exploiting.

Great.

I never call you idiot.

and it was not an exploit.

You may aswell call ALL who hunted Hogglo exploiters aswell, since the thing here was skill gains OVERALL was higher ( defensive ) thats why it was so good skilling pilot, you saw alot of ppl on ground skilling evade, with the same enhancement as the vtol ppl.

So... did you hunt and exploit?

Again, i dont call an idiot, i call you a principle man with good intentions, but dont get things the wrong way.

I know.

You are right, and that is what bothers me. Nothing will happen.

---

Okay, who wants to know how to max non-sib weapons, get free ammo and fly fast in space?

If enough of us do it, it might be okay.

Yes id like to know how to max non-sib weapons.

free ammo? thats the Shrap bug right? , they havent fixed it?

I never call you idiot.

and it was not an exploit.

You may aswell call ALL who hunted Hogglo exploiters aswell, since the thing here was skill gains OVERALL was higher ( defensive ) thats why it was so good skilling pilot, you saw alot of ppl on ground skilling evade, with the same enhancement as the vtol ppl.

So... did you hunt and exploit?

Again, i dont call an idiot, i call you a principle man with good intentions, but dont get things the wrong way.

I didn't say you did. That was just the feeling I got when I read the general opinion.

Can we at least agree that those who by purpose flew on certain altitudes to avoid decay was cheating? I seem to be the only person in here acknowledging that fact; I can swallow the fact that there were crazy skill gains even though it is hard, but purposely avoiding decay to leech even more out of this, what I consider a mistake, makes me mad.

Regarding your other question: yes, shrap, have not tested and do not intend to. Maxing weapons is more about knowing what weapons are bugged. I can share that one once it is resolved.

I didn't say you did. That was just the feeling I got when I read the general opinion.

Can we at least agree that those who by purpose flew on certain altitudes to avoid decay was cheating? I seem to be the only person in here acknowledging that fact; I can swallow the fact that there were crazy skill gains even though it is hard, but purposely avoiding decay to leech even more out of this, what I consider a mistake, makes me mad.

Regarding your other question: yes, shrap, have not tested and do not intend to. Maxing weapons is more about knowing what weapons are bugged. I can share that one once it is resolved.

Yes those who flew on border far away getting skills and no cost were exploiting.

Yes those who flew on border far away getting skills and no cost were exploiting.

So people standing on the ground unarmored were exploiting too?
What are skills at rk ww cost vs ecofap cost.. people tend to easily point tha fingaaaah not even thinking deep first.
Anyway if the event stoped at such a weird time thats probably because the decay counter on MA side slowed down big time after the info leaked sunday afternoon right before my bed time and as i logged bak it was all over.
I also believe this was a stress server test.
Flying vehicules are also used in pvp. The skill is for flying vehicules evade profession. This skill is also gained in pvp fights and pvp area of all kinds. On planet activity. Some statement are unvalid

is the event over now then?

So this event was a great success. And it was also a lamentable fiasco.

So people standing on the ground unarmored were exploiting too?
What are skills at rk ww cost vs ecofap cost.. people tend to easily point tha fingaaaah not even thinking deep first.
Anyway if the event stoped at such a weird time thats probably because the decay counter on MA side slowed down big time after the info leaked sunday afternoon right before my bed time and as i logged bak it was all over.
I also believe this was a stress server test.
Flying vehicules are also used in pvp. The skill is for flying vehicules evade profession. This skill is also gained in pvp fights and pvp area of all kinds. On planet activity. Some statement are unvalid

The event stopped 0000 between Sunday and Monday night. I'd not call that a strange time.

The event stopped 0000 between Sunday and Monday night. I'd not call that a strange time.

Okey im taking away that statement.
Nothing is worth markup if you look at it. TT value matter in the end, so 5tt evade or 5tt pilot is still 5tt gained.
People chose to pay whatever price they wanted for the exclusivity although like i mentioned in another thread some times ago. You make investment on things MA shouldnt be forced to protect. I am lazy to reformulate so ill quote myself in a few

A complete roll back is the only thing they can do to resolve the skill gain abuse, but then we know there were hundreds of players gathering skills rapidly who will be very upset for purchasing hundreds of gold packs over the weekend for 'skillpills' to enhance their progress even further.
I just cant see mindark doing that while having in mind that this 1dmg aoe in a zone were vehicle are permitted was allowed - this just smells to much 'intentional' then to be an oversight after all they did to avoid these issues on arkadia.
However we all know for things happening in mindark development were one guy doesnt know what the other is on about or how both their works/plans affect each other - maybe just maybe it really was an oversight and they are going to try to resolve the situation.
In such a case mindark i suggest two options either revert the skillgain and payback players for their money and time spent with a appropriate refund or put some L1000 mobs finally in space for true spacecraft pilots to finally gather some skills to set them appart from those who never set a foot into space and just got handed lvl20-30 captain on a silver platter.
I have written support cases, spoke to developers/support for years with the request to add hunting spots in space for the bigger spacecrafts but nothing has happened so far and the space community would be alot less upset if they had been given a way to skill up appropriately themself.

One fundamental change for the gain of defensive skills though has to happen in this game - the amount of skills gained from a hit should always be in relation to the damage taken/avoided and never in relation to the mob lvl.
The hogglo diablo event would never had such an impact if this had been the case because 1dmg hits would have never yieleded such skillgains in the first place.

Your not the only one, it was cheating to get skills and no decay. The problem is though how on earth would devs be able to distinguish between those who paid decay and those who didn't. I skilled some pilot first day of event, but stopped after vtol was dead, for me 2 health was plenty.
Whenever there is a glitch in the matrix people will use it, auctioneers being attacked, superfast quad bug, etc etc etc....

Anyways today is a new day, and i'm damn sure there will be no fly zones over events now or pilot skilling disabled during them.

This was posted in the vaporizer thread after it started to extrapolate on a bunch of things. Which got me a lil fed up and had me post this last one . Please avoid quoting things as It is out of context but the idea is still revelant today.

You are obsolutely wrong to believe that invest money on any item makes you any different than anyone else and believe that a special treatment OR a way tosecure your investment be given .. youre dead wrong :yup:
Deposit into the game does not grant you anything but more possibility in this rce.. a HoF wont be granted from the system to you. That special you. cause you did put cash in.. thats dumb.
Because you paid an item for xxk ped does not mean the designer cant add more of that item. New items also. Look back.. people owning different stuff adapt when sib came out and they still do each time a rebalance occurs.. when felis came out ppl bought and used em. Though at the time it was far greater than anything else. When rockets first came out 1 shot kill were common and still is.
Y'all need to stop believing that cash you invested makes you above.. its nothing more than a choice of yours and you feed MA staff. Your risk and if you still cant materialize that thought in your brain after all the time spent ingame i feel sorry for you.

as for the vaporizer. The gun is around and i dont think it going anywhere. Buy one. Align with the tendancy and blast on sight.
I refuse to be traped in the past game you are trying to live in. Running around with 300hp is soon to be common and i hope the game has plan for 500hp+ and deeper content/ project.

Now to the people who posted in this thread about the fact it was a privilege for them to skill up captain profession using an investement they made this above statement is still accurate.
The markup on the skills means nothing in my eyes and probably in the balancing manager too. Bigger plans are coming around the corner and it was bound to happen in a way or another for the future of the game.

One fundamental change for the gain of defensive skills though has to happen in this game - the amount of skills gained from a hit should always be in relation to the damage taken/avoided and never in relation to the mob lvl.
The hogglo diablo event would never had such an impact if this had been the case because 1dmg hits would have never yieleded such skillgains in the first place.

We do not have the same idea of fundamental. The initial damage of this hogglo diablo is huge and it was just spread out around between many users. Also what would be the point of using shadow armor and take 1hit from the mob if id hardly get a skill out of it while someone naked using a modfap would skill like crazy because it is not a 1dmg hit.
People tend to limit themself to what they always knew and refuse to see beyond. Like for exemple this game growing to a whole new level of heal point, dps, armor, spacehunting, new species treat for planets and different features of all kinds. In my eyes with the past rebalance we saw this is already ongoing.

offtopic?

Back