Bug when renaming contacts

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
BUG REPORT:

seems like when i was adding people and changing their nick during the "add" operation ... then reloged ... all their nicks/renames went back to user names ...

however all the people i edited on hte list after adding them have the rename correct...

please verify

GL

BUG REPORT:

seems like when i was adding people and changing their nick during the "add" operation ... then reloged ... all their nicks/renames went back to user names ...

however all the people i edited on hte list after adding them have the rename correct...

please verify

GL

bump ... 711 any comment ?

I see now what you mean.

In the Add Contact dialog:

picture.php

You can rename contacts, but those changes are only saved for the current IM session, and are lost when restarting the client.

However, when you rename a contact from your existing roster, those changes are saved on the server, and are visible on subsequent logins, even if from a different computer.

I don't actually think this is a bug, but rather intended behavior. In any case, just make sure to do the renaming by right-clicking a contact's name on your roster list, rather than renaming them in the Add Contact dialog.

i liekd renaming from the rooster because many people put in their full ingame names under the "name" option and u can copy paste...

after adding them its hard to get that information ... have to search for the person again etc...

Perhaps rename them in the Add Contact dialog anyway, so that when you right-click to rename from the roster, the information is accessible?

sure :)

maybe its good to put "temporary nickname" when u rename the contacts when adding i was quite surprised to find all my contacts back to usernames when i reloged :D and i added half the people from the search :p

Back