"Bugged" Avatar Statue Deed Being Sold on Auction - MindArk PLEASE REMOVE IMMEDIATELY

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
MindArk,

Edit: initially I said "bugged", because I thought these types of deeds might be removed after being claimed. The description on the deed doesn't indicate that it's already been claimed. That part was the confusing part.

It would be helpful to either remove the avatar statue deeds once claimed, or change the description of the deed so people know they're bidding on more of a historical "collector's item" that can't be claimed again.

Deed:

I went up to Athena Spaceport to investigate, turns out the statue already there is claimed by someone named: Vernius NN Roquen

Athena Spaceport Statue:

1. Can this deed be re-claimed? Will Vernius lose his statue if someone else claims it?
2. If the statue can't be reclaimed, maybe the deed description could be adjusted to reflect it's current status

Adjusting the description of the deed would be helpful, for new and old players alike.

Link: to the Original Avatar Statue Auction of the Deeds CLICK HERE

Edited the thread: Initially I was thinking the deed should be removed from game. However, the more I thought about it, and some points raised by others -- as long as you know what you're bidding on, a defunct deed, then the value you assign to the "collector's item" is whatever value you decide its worth. We have plenty of defunct items in game, this is no different. Just wish the description matched the current state of the deed. Hopefully this thread is of some help to someone considering the auction, and they assign the value they're willing to pay, knowing they're getting a historical item, not their own statue.

Last edited:
How bizarre, it is for sale by another player - not the original owner. Implying that the Deed was traded from "Vernius NN Roquen" at some point.

Maybe I will purchase it at the BO price just to see what happens...

It would be incredible if those deeds were tradeable. I would love to immortalize myself :)
:king:

This deed is like some historical remark about entropia universe simillar to the digital covers we recieved when you orderd a physical copy of the entropian magazine years back.

It's a collectors item now and that allone might attach some value on that else useless object. But i agree mindark should change the items description to make it clear you can't get a statue out of this any longer. Imagine reclaiming were possible, so much for eternal statues and i dont think mindark would like the work they had to put in without getting paid again :)

you placed a bid on something that you think is bugged? If they do remove this why not remove the compet deeds too?

you placed a bid on something that you think is bugged? If they do remove this why not remove the compet deeds too?

I put an initial bid on it without checking into it, more to follow the auction. Then when I had some time the next day I looked into it, to find the statue had already been claimed.

The only "bugged" part is really just the description on the deed.

Fiona raises a good point that defunct deed is like a "collector's item", if you know it doesn't work, the value you put on it is whatever you decide it's worth to collect it.

If it's supposed to remain in game, I do think it would be helpful for there to be something notifying others of its claimed status though.

Last edited:
If you tt the deed with the statue disappear? ;)

Seems an odd thing to sell. They took several years after the deeds were purchased to be designed, I doubt there would be further redesigns for the new owners as MA has nothing to gain from that.

OK, I will be honest, I am a new player and bid on this deed thinking if I won it then I would then own the statue afterwards. I had no clue what might come with owning a statue in the game and just thought it would be cool to have it as a novelty item. As a new player, I assumed it would work similar to other deeds I have purchased in game, such as housing perhaps, and I would somehow have control or ownership of the statue. Figured my name would appear on it as owner or something of this nature but really was not sure. As I am still just learning how to play in most regards, I really appreciate MsPudding and others in game who help us noobs out as we try to navigate our way through some of the complexities and oddities within the game. I am curious about it to see what happens with it =)

EDIT: When I read this it seems clear to me that if I bought the deed I would be able to claim it. If this is not possible in game then support should fix the verbiage on these to be clear to anyone purchasing the item perhaps:
index.php

Last edited:
I really appreciate MsPudding and others in game who help us noobs out as we try to navigate our way through some of the complexities and oddities within the game.

Seems I am a noob as well! ? You're not alone!

I bid on the deed at the start thinking the same thing you did! It wasn't until I went up to Athena Spaceport and investigated it that I found out it was bunk. I think most everyone bidding on it thought the same thing we did.

Thx Ms puddiung too for creating the thread....

i knew who had the deed in the first place and in my thinking i compared it also with an appt or shop deed.....whoever holds the deed could ask support for changing the name ( like Trouser posted in the item link)

but also yes...no official info on this ...if that is possible.....would really love an official answer on this...

Eddie

EDIT: When I read this it seems clear to me that if I bought the deed I would be able to claim it.

That's how it worked originally. Mindark put 12 deeds on auction with the promise that they will make statues for winners. Only 4 were sold at start bid, which probably highly disappointed MA and they forgot about the whole affair for a long time. Many months later they remembered the promise and got back to the deed holders and worked with them to create the statues. The deeds should have been removed after that or at least made non-tradeable, as they served their purpose. MA probably just forgot about those as usual.

Is it possible to use the "teleport home" function , when using a teleport chip 3 or higher chip with these deeds ?

Might give it extra value.

Why does everyone keep outbidding me? :cool: I know we don't get the statue, I just want to find out what happens if I own the deed. I have a TP 3 chip too so I can test the TP to home feature.
:tele:

That's how it worked originally. Mindark put 12 deeds on auction with the promise that they will make statues for winners. Only 4 were sold at start bid, which probably highly disappointed MA and they forgot about the whole affair for a long time. Many months later they remembered the promise and got back to the deed holders and worked with them to create the statues. The deeds should have been removed after that or at least made non-tradeable, as they served their purpose. MA probably just forgot about those as usual.
How nice would it be if this system was released so that users could automatically "claim" the deed with a "snapshot" of their player model instead of some sort of manual dev intervention.

They'll probably just reword the deed. They already did that with shops and apartments...

Back