Busy Computer

Parsley

Provider
Society
Cave Dweller
Parsley
I'm not normally awake at this time of the morning, but for the past two hours i've watched as a progression of little icons have appeared in the task bar telling me that its updating/scanning

I'm not a newb to computers but I'm sure i've set the auto crap to random but there's programs updating here that i'm sure i've deleted from the hard drive lol

Do you think its time for a format and all the crap that entails (drivers etc) or just patch and leave alone?

Plus anyone running Powerchute 2.0 for the battery back up, have you noticed that it hogs memory/cpu or is it just me?

hey....

I recently ran across a very nice task moniter program...helps a ton seeing whats hogging what and where to go to stop it.

procexp is the shortname....process explorer

much more detailed than the alt tab del window, has folders program runs from...registry locations it references...i/o graphs, memory usage ect. I just run it when I think the comp is workin a bit too hard...

Not really an answer specifically, but that program will help you a ton. just google the dlls ect that are tied to the hog and look for how to shut that service off....that is if it isnt critical to operation. :)

Other thing Id suggest, though youve probably done it already. Is to run hijack this and a few adware/spyware scanners....some of those can hog resources.

good luck.

Back