Buying Fertilizer/Molecules for Arkadia!

Status
Greetings my people.

There has been a strong demand for feeding the Arkadia 8coins and Sanctuary Cove LA, players are hungry and want to hunt! Yesterday, Dylan reached out to the community on Arkadia discord wanting to buy fertilizer and molecules for 101% to help get the Lands fed and running again!

I don't know if you all aware but Planet Partners don't just spawn their molecules, it needs to come from us the players. I heard (could be potentially wrong) that Mindark buys fertilizer on auction to keep their DNA going on Crystal Palace. I think that system is really cool, it feeds the economy instead of just printing ped!

It also potentially leaves them in a bind that as players we may not understand. If we are selling our molecules on Arkadia to the TT then we are limiting the way for Partners to have them to be cycled into the economy. The lands can't be easily fed unless all systems work together.

I decided to help gather the fertilizer because I don't expect a Partner to have to gather up their own molecules and spend time in chat or potentially hundreds of small trades. I want their time to be elsewhere making the game better for us!

This morning I gathered almost 200 ped of molecules towards the cause at 101% and nearly 1k dung donated. If anyone has molecules or fertilizer they want to sell me so that I can either post an auction or offer a quick trade after I get it gathered for the same price that I paid.

I know the markup is bad on molecules but it is better than TT and it will be for the greater good of our economy to have those LA bumpin' again so y'all can finish your IFN!

Also for the record I don't know if I have any authority to do this or even if Arkadia is able to buy them from me at the same price I paid. I wasn't asked to help, I am just a weirdo who really loves his planet.
I am not trying to cause conflicts or problems, only hoping to save time for more important things on Arkadia.

In the end if this isn't allowed I will have way more overstock than I will need at Khorum Coast for a long time. 😅

Sounds like a Dylan problem to me
Arkadia problems are mine too. Everything is so interconnected in this game. I will probably own KC till I die so it is important to me the overall health of my planet.

Sure, it is feeding another land that I don't own and I won't directly profit from my actions. However, it could mean down the road someone visited for the Kadra and then checked out Khorum for a hunt too. The interconnectivity forms such a bigger picture when I consider my land versus anything on the game. Even the health of Calypso and it's economy is important me as a land owner and it isn't my planet.

I would even do anything I could to help other land owners on other planets. They are giving players enjoyment and a reason to play the game. That is essentially what matters most!

Let the market do it's thing. If he can't get fertilizer for 101% maybe he should try 102%. If that doesn't work try 103%, etc.
Selling for 101% is kind of silly since you have to collect both growth and poop, and pay decay on refiner.

Good luck mate, if can handle Arkadia its you :)

No, to be frank, just no, a planet partner even hinting about players subsidising their land areas which ARE Already profitable is an embarrassment.

Dylan knows how to catch a warp and place a market order. This is just laziness.

edit: ok I know he can’t place orders but you catch my drift. Other LA owners put in the work so he can too.

Last edited:
Ark dev only waited 3 months with 6-7 different people asking him to sprinkle poop on his lands to suddenly realize it's hard to buy stuff people throw in the TT.

So, first he announcse that iron missions are gone in the next VU and people should hurry up and finish them.
Then realize you can't fertilize your lands which have (ONCE AGAIN) been neglected.
So people can't actually finish their iron missions.

Lost for words....?

The point of this thread was to help with a problem and do something that is needed for the planet. Could we keep the negativity and bad attitudes elsewhere? Not trying to be rude or upset anyone but I just don't see how it is helping the situation. I want to do something good for our planet not create yet another toxic mess...

I thought big industries purchased 8coins and sanctuary cove? Or are these still under control of ark?

And if they don’t own them, that would mean ark is giving money to big industries which seems kinda fishy to me.

Last edited:
As a sole Arkadia miner, i agree that collecting and storing growth molecules for 101% is kinda not something i would want to do cause for a miner, every ped is calculated for towards cycling for high mu stuff. I would however not mind selling at 102% or more, cause that would somewhat make it non tt for me. Just my two cents. But kudos for the effort David.

I have paid up to 103% for fertilizer on my own land. I didn't set this current buy price just going with it. I imagine there is a reason for 101% but I also think that was offered on molecules. I could see fertilizer combined going a bit higher.

I will admit it did cross my mind to raise the buy price to 102-103% and taking the ped loss out of my own pocket if that is what it takes to get the Lands up and running for my hunters who want to finish their IFN.

I have paid up to 103% for fertilizer on my own land. I didn't set this current buy price just going with it. I imagine there is a reason for 101% but I also think that was offered on molecules. I could see fertilizer combined going a bit higher.

I will admit it did cross my mind to raise the buy price to 102-103% and taking the ped loss out of my own pocket if that is what it takes to get the Lands up and running for my hunters who want to finish their IFN.
he offered 101% straight for refined thing, which is an insult for every self respecting miner. excavation + refine cost is more then 101%.

Let’s not forget that arkadia make ped on both sides, their split of PP share PLUS the tax on loot. They can afford to buy it at any price.

Arkadia owned LAs are not in partnership with other Land Areas, while Sentosa’s Reach will happily help out its neighbours, same with Khorum Coast or Mutation Station, Songkra too…, Arkadia will not have your back and help you out with fertiliser.

helping out a planet partner will NOT benefit anyone but said planet partner. It will only erode the standard to which Arkadia hold themselves.

I think I am maybe wired incorrectly, maybe something is wrong with my brain. I don't consider who owns what or what they should have done.

I just heard my players on Arkadia crying out to hunt and it is my duty to do what I can for the people. We can get us some hunts going on at the land areas for people who want it and that is all that matters in the end.

I think often times in the real world it is hard to not be selfish and do the right thing for the greater good of others. There are so many problems, stressors and reasons people choose to think inward. We only carry that mentality with us when we log in if we want to.

Also, I am back online now if anyone has some molecules for 101% or dung to donate. I plan to refine it myself.

Last edited:
I think I am maybe wired incorrectly, maybe something is wrong with my brain. I don't consider who owns what or what they should have done.

I just heard my players on Arkadia crying out to hunt and it is my duty to do what I can for the people. We can get us some hunts going on at the land areas for people who want it and that is all that matters in the end.

I think often times in the real world it is hard to not be selfish and do the right thing for the greater good of others. There are so many problems, stressors and reasons people choose to think inward. We only carry that mentality with us when we log in if we want to.
Selfish is to ask someone to sell you something for under what something cost to make, not just selfish but also rude, as that fertilizer will be used towards PP and land owner profit.

Good luck

Thank you to everyone who helped with molecules and dung today on Arkadia. It is much appreciated for the help I received so far, I hope in the end it gets some good hunting for a few players.

I apologize to everyone that my original intent of a thread just want haywire and derailed time and again.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that arkadia make ped on both sides, their split of PP share PLUS the tax on loot. They can afford to buy it at any price.

Arkadia owned LAs are not in partnership with other Land Areas, while Sentosa’s Reach will happily help out its neighbours, same with Khorum Coast or Mutation Station, Songkra too…, Arkadia will not have your back and help you out with fertiliser.

helping out a planet partner will NOT benefit anyone but said planet partner. It will only erode the standard to which Arkadia hold themselves.
If they are not partnered with other land areas why is big industries promoting 8coins and cove?

Status
Back