Buying some glasses..3D edimensional

cell21633

Hatchling
Society
Clan of Light NEO
CeLL
well i'm looking into buying some glasses. no, these aren't your ordinary glasses. these are glasses that will probably knock the socks off of your ingame glasses :eek: :eek: what i'm talking about here is that i'm considering buying a set of 3D shutter glasses from edimensional. why? because i'm looking to enhance the realism of the games i play. what better reason than to enhance this 'virtual universe' that we play in? want to see the atrox running on your tail in 3D? :laugh:

so my question is, do you think the gamebryo engine used by PE/EU will work with these glasses? they are liquid crystal shutter glasses.
i will be pairing them through an LCD monitor connected through the VGA D-SUB port. response times of the LCD are 8ms typical and is capable of 75hz refresh. the eD glasses say they are compatible with LCD screens (as long as you don't use DVI), and some reviews say they are pretty good.

if no one is able to answer, i guess i will become the EF guinea pig :silly2: :wise: :laugh:

They will be compatible with PE or any other games afik... (works at the driver level) however i think you need a CRT monitor for such glasses.

But maybe not? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCD_shutter_glasses )

If your monitor has max 75Hz refresh then that will be only 37.5Hz with the glasses.

If its max is the same as its response time however (1000/8 = 125) then its propably ok.

I bought those glasses a few months ago to use for playing Battlefield2 mostly…
I never get them too worked for BF2 but ill get them to respond to Half life 2.
Never tried them while playing EU…

Filled the recommended hardware specification by far, even talk to the main distributor in my country to insecure me they will work. Not to waist money…

Hmm…. ill send them back to the supplier…
The picture you get is stroboscopic and dark… ok, its 3d but ill couldn’t stand it…

My recommendations… don’t buy them…

Not to mention.. bad for the eyes mate.

bad refresh rate can "burn" your eyes, you will get tired past 5 minutes, dont buy these

i did some preliminary testing without the glasses, and i found there may be some issues with running the game with 3D glasses. :wise:

i am using an nvidia gefore fx5200 with forceware 84.21, stereo drivers 78.01, and EDcontroller 4.0. all drivers are current as of this post. descriptions follow screenshots. note that all that is needed for entropia so far are just the regular forceware and EDcontroller drivers. stereo drivers currently WILL NOT WORK since they are untested and do not have the game presets (probably could make your own..). so all screenshots are the effects from the EDcontroller drivers only.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
base run. here we have entropia running normally with the eDimensional 3D off. HUD and quickbar are off.

here is entropia running with eDimensional 3D on. HUD and quickbar are off. INCOMPATIBILITY - targetting recticle has shifted to the far right.

here is entropia running with eDimensional 3D on again. HUD is on. quickbar is off. INCOMPABITILITY - in addition to above, the HUD is drawn partially offscreen, making it unusable. i have also found that some trees are rendered with a few bugs. see video below.

Fraps video of run through Zychion Citdael with eDimensional 3D drivers on. take note near the end where the tree pops in and out of interleaved 3D.
click xvid 1.1

so using eDimensional glasses/drivers with entropia isn't a good idea unless you don't mind running around without a HUD and target recticle. of course, you could also just turn on the hud and turn off the controller when you need it, but it may be an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Back