Info: Calypso Depths FPS Issue

fred5283

Prowler
Society
Guess Who??
Norian Norian Xx
There is a FPS issue in CD. I figured out how to somewhat relieve it, but not ultimately make it go away.
It occurs in multiple areas - 1st level, bridge, high maturity mind reaver and marcimex rooms.

How I figured it out... I have locking ignore view on. FPS is around 10 in bad areas. I put my weapon away and my FPS went back up to 80. I turned locking ignore view off, and problem mostly went away (still small issue with fog in high maturity marcimex room)

Anyways, what the real root cause is IDK, that’s for MA to find out.

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Payn-Inc
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Same issue in cp caves

Killahbee

Elite
Society
Silly Underground Family
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
Same issue in the argonaut cave

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Same issue in the argonaut cave
That one behaves strange, at least for me (didn't say anything so far because pc is below min specs anyway, but now in context it might be relevant): Starting at much lower fps compared to the game outside of the instance, usually around the time I completed 3/5, i.e. the 3 caves behind the first entrance, suddenly it improves again and fps is quite like outside. It's the same almost every time (I'm saying almost because the machine is so weak that anything else running on it like a web browser can bring it down, but this moment of change in the cave is at the same point every time.)

Feels as if something gets pre-calculated which takes up to this moment and then the rest can run smoothly. Can this be the problem with other instances which have more elaborate designs, so this process keeps ongoing for the duration most people spend in there? Do folks with faster/slower computers or more/less gpu ram notice differences? Btw I don't notice lowered fps in the Feffoid cave but that one seems much simpler and probably requires less calculation. If this is the cause, could the result of such a precalculation be cached?