Calypso is back by MA ......

Good news!

Again MA showed that they are not only able to mindfart away , but also to tame their own phantasies to a level where the bills can be paid. I like the new planet rooster, the smell is gone :)

The big picture might be smaller now, but now its consistent. The platform is set to test space and gain experience, i like it...

i belive this is good news for Planet Calypso . i trust MA with their decision, and i am sure they have all the resources to continue development of Planet Calypso , as they did for the last 8 years . good luck MA !

This is crazy...

So are we back to a cash flow problem ? .... If only one had proper transparency of the financials for MA and FPC ...

How can they really believe that we should "invest" in their environment if they can't even provide sound financials to the players...

Reactions: Mac
Well now this is very interesting.
MindArk taking back the planet that started it all and assuming direct control of it.

All SEE staff is deleted from Forum. Only Marco left as FPC, otherwise it's all MA staff...

Wow this is absird, just when I thought support could only get better with a new company... Guess it will revert back to bad support and no communication with players since MindArk is now in charge of Calypso again...its going to be interesting to see what happens to the universal stuff. Humm...perhaps this is why some of the universal blueprints reverted back to calypso blueprints?...

~Danimal

{removed}

this is bigger than the game. It is two independent companies that have just apparently torn up an agreed contract and parted ways without, to date, an official press release and MA sneaking in an update to their site that they have taken control, "MindArk will run the operation of Planet Calypso" not that they have bought back SDS. There are clauses in all the PP contracts that allow MA to do this but the fact that SEE stopped making the payments, quite a few months ago, indicates something started going wrong from almost the very start. SEE surely would have planned finance if they really wanted to make the payments before committing to a contract.

Yes, SEE may have sold back SDS to MA for a "nominal sum" to neatly tie up the contract on good terms but we surely would have seen a press release on this before MA put the effort into removing SEE from it’s site.

Edit: Also MindArk used the phrase "MindArk wants to inform our users that the cooperation between SEE and MindArk has been terminated". Now, specific use of the word "terminated" could be a result of translation but I doubt MindArk where trying to say that business dealings between MA and SEE came to an amicable end.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the PP contract contains a part that if a partner descides to quit the deal with MA, the planet automatically becomes ownership of MA. This to avoid that players are loosing their assets and getting a huge reputation damage. I think that is a good thing.

What I think is that it's only the planet that went to MA, not the employees working for SEE. So MA gets the planet back for free.
MA won't do any development and promotion for the calypso planet, this to avoid unfair competition with the other PP.

My guess is that MA will put Calypso up for sale again to a future PP, for further development and promotion.
So we'll have to wait for a new PP. (Or the playersbase should make it a player owned planet ;) )

Hm, when will they start telling us the truth?
When I dislike something, then for sure story tellers with smiling faces.

All SEE staff is deleted from Forum. Only Marco left as FPC, otherwise it's all MA staff...

It has become ( old ) Russian freedom of speech as they had before in Soviet Union.
just wondering who plays the KGB at MA.:cool:

My guess is that MA will put Calypso up for sale again
Speak about printing their own money...

I'm not saying SEE hasn't failed here. It's usually takes two to tango. But with MA's rep... chances are they are the ones ultimately responsible for this.

That's really bad news and it's what happens when MA screws over big professional investors..

I wonder if inside information is still going to be provided now to ND now...

so... I guess that's why Bjorn is now helping Kim on entropiaforum?

I wonder if See still plans to do Planet Micheal or if MA is just forgetting that all together? If See is completely out, hopefully Mindark knows that many of the 'Universal Monsters' were actually based on public domain literature and stuff in their basic roots, so they could still do a goth type planet or something with monsters like Franenstein, Dracula, Mummies, etc.

Last edited:
Let's just wait and see what MA does now Calypso is in their control again. I am not too worried with Arkadia being the success it is, Rocktropia is evolving into an interesting planet. NI has had a make over and Greece is starting from basics.
I personally am glad planet Michael and Monsters have been scrapped. I look forward to planet Cyrene.

As for the number of high end items up for sale atm, it's less than a week from spaceships and we will see some crazy prices and spending at that time.

I think MA clearly got rid of a PP which did NOTHING for calypso. Let's give MA a few months to pick up the pieces and see what they present us with.

My 2 pecs
Bjorn (Not the MA guy)

So I guess we wont be seeing Planet Michael or the monster planet.

What about this forum? Does MA take over SDS employees and PCF management?
Damn, i was looking forward to them :tongue2:

Does this mean MA now has an official forum?

The one thing that worries me is the fact that this was done "under the radar"... if you will; such big change without any announcements?? Without any explanations??

I for one, am somehow happy to see Calypso return to MA, however not in this conditions (see above); to me it looks like:

a) some sort of poor market manipulation, to try and artificially increase the value of the product, and to create a "marketing buzz" about EU. Since SEE took over, I don't remember seeing anything major from them. If it was me, I would've at least try a few things.

b) SEE screwed up the payments somehow.

Bottom line... I don't like the way it went down; we'll see what happens.

Good news - no planet MJ
Seems with less mouths to feed the loot may improve generally
The news has given me a bit more confidence in the future (long term) for the game
But I think there will be some more things to come in the short term and I'm sure we can expect another 3 letter name come along soon.
So with MA back in the driving seat does that mean we will now have the old skins back to things like Argo etc
Will we get a wall of silence in forum
Will we ever get beacons, taming, makeup, shops, etc etc etc back or an update on what's going on
Waaay to many questions still need answers for every one I think
GL every1

Though i was everything but a planet Michael fan, i am not sure if it sends a positive signal to potential investors for planet partnerships...

Something to look forward to....

Will there be legal action between SEE and MA in the Swedish courts as both sides seem to be claiming contract infringments. Did MA forcefully take repocession of the planet assets as SEE were not paying up?

I doubt it, any work would have been made by SDS, if SEE didn't follow the payment plan and have given up trying which has resulted in MA reclaiming their property.

No different to if you didn't keep up payments on a car or house, the financiers come and repo it. In this case it was MA. Thank god SEE didn't get massive loans to buy FPC as it would have been owned by a bank.

Does this mean MA now has an official forum :jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing is for sure: SEE did not understand the EU platform and concept properly before going in to this venture. This is clear because if they understood it properly there is no way that they would think that Planet Michael could work on this platform.

MA can go on all they want about different planets and EU being a meta-platform. But the reality is that its all the same game with heavy constraints and the actual freedom of the planet developers is very small. So far Arkadia is the only new planet that really seems to acknowledge this fact. The actions of RT indicate they know this as well, although their PR is still talking about the "rock music planet" concept.

My speculation: I think Calypso was never meant to be SEE's flagship or main revenue generator, just a foot in the universe before introducing their own "big" planets. After a few months of running FPC they finally understood what it is about. That is the point they stopped paying MA and let them have FPC back.

Who now gets the record for the most expensive virtual property?

Who's gonna call the folks that run the Guinness World Records people?

I personally didn't like the direction SEE was going with the platform, so don't mind about this. In my opinion the platform should focus on gaming and increase diversity in that area. I would rather have Calypso being run by a separate company though, like it was with FPC.

Hilarious!.. What a dog and pony show this is.. And the next generations of people will keep filtering in soaking up the BS as it slowly slides downhill.. :D

I personally didn't like the direction SEE was going with the platform, so don't mind about this. In my opinion the platform should focus on gaming and increase diversity in that area. I would rather have Calypso being run by a separate company though, like it was with FPC.

Yeah. SEE was focused on Planet Micheal anyways. Calypso was to them more like a burden.

Would be nice to get a new owner who`d really work to improve Calypso and do some serious marketing.

Back