Calypso Land Token

AndrewViperAng

Provider
Hi guys, I like to talk more on Calypso Land Token today. Please think carefully before you sell your precious land token. Ponder on this, will MA took the effort to extract out this land token if there is no use in the future? :)

So please do not make hasty decisions and sell it cheaply, CLD IPO price was 1000 peds each many years ago, after you use it to build structures, they mark it with a X. So what do you think the value of this token will be in the future? :)

Cheers and warm regards, stay safe happy weekend!

MA went through this effort as they have "promised" upon the sale of CLDs (i think) that they would be used as part of the land plot/ voting system.

If they would make this transition without giving out the tokens (and thus giving people what they were told they were buying), they would be commiting a crime.

In one of the Q/A they said that there were no future plans for land plots.

Wasnt that a pretty old statement? Could there be a possibility that their development goals have changed with the announcement of the new engine? It seems like we are basically getting a whole new game with new mechanics and features.

Price for the Tokens is pure speculation at the moment. I would not pay more then 20-30 peds for them right now. People who played up to 200 or what the first went for might think that they will get 1 plot for 1 token, what won't be the case, if we look at how it worked before. And also that MA can't release 10 k's of plots.

I think that this tokens should be untradeble until there are more plans/Info out there.

Hi guys, I like to talk more on Calypso Land Token today. Please think carefully before you sell your precious land token. Ponder on this, will MA took the effort to extract out this land token if there is no use in the future? :)

They would because they are obliged to preserve the potential functionality even if they won't ever use it.

Wasnt that a pretty old statement? Could there be a possibility that their development goals have changed with the announcement of the new engine?

It was a "pretty old" statement indeed. There is absolutely a possibility that they have changed their development goals since. I find it much more likely that they wouldvspend their time working on stuff that they can sell and make money off, rather than keep working on stuff they have already sold. Naturally, I am just speculating of course, just like anyone else in this thread. I just think there are other, more plausible to pan out, speculative investment opportunities in this environment if that is what you are after.

All I am saying is that I don't think anyone should be reading too much into the land plot tokens as it was the only way for them to achieve the transition to exchange, and I think that was their only intention with all of this.

It was a "pretty old" statement indeed. There is absolutely a possibility that they have changed their development goals since. I find it much more likely that they wouldvspend their time working on stuff that they can sell and make money off, rather than keep working on stuff they have already sold. Naturally, I am just speculating of course, just like anyone else in this thread. I just think there are other, more plausible to pan out, speculative investment opportunities in this environment if that is what you are after.

All I am saying is that I don't think anyone should be reading too much into the land plot tokens as it was the only way for them to achieve the transition to exchange, and I think that was their only intention with all of this.
i disagree with that. MA wouldn't spend time extracting land tokens just to achieve the transition to Exhange, they can simply do away with the land tokens, but they didn't, meaning that they did it for some reasons, that reason could bring riches to those who invest wisely :)

MA went through this effort as they have "promised" upon the sale of CLDs (i think) that they would be used as part of the land plot/ voting system.

If they would make this transition without giving out the tokens (and thus giving people what they were told they were buying), they would be commiting a crime.

no crime is possible since it's an asset in a game. They have already changed wording on the deeds at least once, so calling any possibly changes a crime could potentially become a defamation suit. Owners are not the same thing as holders.

Judging by how you push it, you have a lot of tokens to sell. Probably from those CLDs that you purchased while spreading FUD about an impending price crash :)

I’ll wait 3 years for them to still be completely useless, but also now be worthless, then I’ll buy a bunch, and in approx 25 more years, they will have a use.

no crime is possible since it's an asset in a game. They have already changed wording on the deeds at least once, so calling any possibly changes a crime could potentially become a defamation suit. Owners are not the same thing as holders.

I am not calling any possible change a crime. I am saying that changing the core functionality of what was advertised is a crime as per The Marketing Act. It doesn´t matter if it is an asset in a game. It is not the product itself, or the changes to it that is a crime. It is the marketing.

Maybe I’m stupidly optimistic but I think the fact that they released land tokens and said that they will be used in a future land plot system overrides their previous statement about land plot development. But I think we need firm clarification from mindark on this or we can just endlessly speculate.
Hey mindark? @My|MindArk @Ludvig|MindArk

Avatars who hold Calypso Land Deed items (not including Calypso Land Deed (X) items) will also receive one Calypso Land Plot token per deed held, for future use in the Land Plot system.

But I highly doubt it will happen, not gonna happen until UE5 anyway and then, we will have another excuse "itz too hard to make it"

But I highly doubt it will happen, not gonna happen until UE5 anyway and then, we will have another excuse "itz too hard to make it"
Totally disagree on that, why? Because if its too hard to make it happen, MA simply can do away without extracting the plot token :) Since they extract the token, there must be for some reasons and i believe it will happen soon :)

People have told you what they think the 'some reasons' are above. They remerged CLD and CLD(X), and thus the tokens were born, not because of any particular plans for the future, but to preserve a distinction from the past.

Recent introductions or as yet unsold designs of 'property' on pps have included traditional buildings with individual or multiple shops, caravan shops, booths and non-shop beach-front properties and even small areas of 'sand'...

It is perfectly possible that Caly may link any new offerings and tokens in some way, but there is also a lot of underused property around as it is, so conversions to UE5 may be split up according to 'desirability/functions available', including direct shop functions needing no shopkeeper pad, plus potentially snug, garden, factory, other implementations.

As we've argued before, it is unclear exactly how many tokens are even out there in 'public', but the maths is 60k (deeds) minus the numbers converted to (X) during the buying of plots at the Caly settlements. My estimate is that fewer than 10k (X) were created in that process, thus greater than 50k tokens should now exist. As originally, if Caly releases too few new plots in whatever plans they may or may not have, once again a majority of 'rights' may not be used. I refused to jump off to Caly to SELL my ten tokens because I considered the price to be too HIGH. Now that people have a bit more time to reflect on what they believe, sure, they may think a certain price is worth it. That is now up to them and I'm up for selling mine, but am in no rush.

Thanks for your comments Jetsina :) i strongly disagree when you said "not because of any particular plans in the future", because if that was true, MA can simply do away with the land token, MA doesnt need to give any reasons "to preserve a distinction from the past", it will be easier for them not to extract out the token :) ponder on that :)

And if anyone wants to sell their land token cheaply please sell it to me, i will buy up all, and i am in the game 12 hrs a day :)

Thanks and stay safe, happy sunday :)

Thanks for your comments Jetsina :) i strongly disagree when you said "not because of any particular plans in the future", because if that was true, MA can simply do away with the land token, MA doesnt need to give any reasons "to preserve a distinction from the past", it will be easier for them not to extract out the token :) ponder on that :)

And if anyone wants to sell their land token cheaply please sell it to me, i will buy up all, and i am in the game 12 hrs a day :)

Thanks and stay safe, happy sunday :)
Problem with that is it becomes much like the hangers. If one person owns too many, MA will just mothball it. Unless of course you sell them down to different players.

How many plot tokens do we need for a plot?

I am not calling any possible change a crime. I am saying that changing the core functionality of what was advertised is a crime as per The Marketing Act. It doesn´t matter if it is an asset in a game. It is not the product itself, or the changes to it that is a crime. It is the marketing.
are you taking about this? and no i did not read but if there is something that backs up what you said you should post it.

even if there is something in that 15 pages - i am pretty sure any lawyer would cost more to pay than any damages in game considering the value of CLDs are 1 Pec - MU is is irrelevant no one told any one to pay 3,000 ped for a 1 pec item that pay a few ped a week or what ever it pays..

best case you get your 1Kped back as MA did sell for that price - after 1K its just player self inflicted damage if it all goes south

that's my guess but hey i ain't no lawyer

People have told you what they think the 'some reasons' are above. They remerged CLD and CLD(X), and thus the tokens were born, not because of any particular plans for the future, but to preserve a distinction from the past.

Agreed.
Let's see what will happen,,,

If at one point in time they said there was no future plans to further develop that content, then they meant it at the time. That doesn't exactly mean it will stay like that forever. Maybe with a new engine, they find an opportunity to build upon that. Or maybe they have other plans with those tokens. Whatever the case the door is always open for them to do something with either of them. So I don't mind holding onto my plots and tokens.

I'm fully prepared to bite the bullet if they both end up abandoned anyway. If they do end up doing something with them, I'll be happy I had them at my disposal already.

Yes, especially as hope springs eternal, it's a further reason to create the tokens just in case due to the past consistency, and it's an easy move anyway. I've mentioned considerations both positive and negative with regard to further development, and both sides can become true together even.

In another thread I think I said I'd be willing to sell my ten at 120 peds each but not at 200!, and I note that by last night at least the AH had settled down a bit at single token asks of about 120 and above, so that appears to be a more balanced risk:risk trading price. Still on Cyrene, still happy enough to sell...

if there is something that backs up what you said you should post it.

Why should I do your research for you? I have already provided you with a "where"

even if there is something in that 15 pages - i am pretty sure any lawyer would cost more to pay than any damages in game considering the value of CLDs are 1 Pec - MU is is irrelevant no one told any one to pay 3,000 ped for a 1 pec item that pay a few ped a week or what ever it pays..

best case you get your 1Kped back as MA did sell for that price - after 1K its just player self inflicted damage if it all goes south

I'll give you the first two personal finance lessons in Sweden:

1. Never agree to be a guarantor for anyone, for anything, ever.
2. If you feel like you as a consumer are being unfairly treated when dealing with a company (e.g. purchasing goods or services, seeing unfair ads, etc.) Report it to the Cosumer Agency and they will investigate and drive the legal proceedings free of charge, if they deem it appropriate.

Also it is not so much about the individual damages payouts that is interesting for MA to avoid. Those costs would likely be a drop in a bucket. The bigger problem for MA would be if a court decides that MA were in the wrong, they would not be allowed to market new products for a while. That would make their planned annual deed sales very tricky.

That being said, MA has done nothing wrong here, since they have in fact upheld their words by implementing the tokens. I am not saying that not implementing the tokens would necessarily be wrong. That would be up to the court to decide. But implementing the tokens basically covers all grounds.

All I am saying is that there are very good reasons to implement the tokens, other than "future use" that people seem to tote as the one and only reason for it happening.

As I have implied before, I would be very surprised if these tokens will ever do anything. I think that they are there purely as a legal safety net.

Why should I do your research for you? I have already provided you with a "where"

I'll give you the first two personal finance lessons in Sweden:

1. Never agree to be a guarantor for anyone, for anything, ever.
2. If you feel like you as a consumer are being unfairly treated when dealing with a company (e.g. purchasing goods or services, seeing unfair ads, etc.) Report it to the Cosumer Agency and they will investigate and drive the legal proceedings free of charge, if they deem it appropriate.

Also it is not so much about the individual damages payouts that is interesting for MA to avoid. Those costs would likely be a drop in a bucket. The bigger problem for MA would be if a court decides that MA were in the wrong, they would not be allowed to market new products for a while. That would make their planned annual deed sales very tricky.

That being said, MA has done nothing wrong here, since they have in fact upheld their words by implementing the tokens. I am not saying that not implementing the tokens would necessarily be wrong. That would be up to the court to decide. But implementing the tokens basically covers all grounds.

All I am saying is that there are very good reasons to implement the tokens, other than "future use" that people seem to tote as the one and only reason for it happening.

As I have implied before, I would be very surprised if these tokens will ever do anything. I think that they are there purely as a legal safety net.
Hi there good day. I think all of u guys here have forgotten about TOU, MA does not even need to give any reasons if they do away with the token. If they extract the tokens, it meant something, simple as that :) MA doesnt need to do superficial stuffs to humour or patronize the users, simply because we agree to the TOU :) And i am willing to hoard tons of this tokens for that "reason" to happen :) Cheers and happy Monday :)

Problem with that is it becomes much like the hangers. If one person owns too many, MA will just mothball it. Unless of course you sell them down to different players.

How many plot tokens do we need for a plot?
Hi there good day. its 9 for small size structure and 27 for a bigger size, i think. It is not 1 token = 1 plot lol :ROFLMAO:

Hi there good day. I think all of u guys here have forgotten about TOU, MA does not even need to give any reasons if they do away with the token.
ToU/EULA does not exempt you from the law. Like i said previously, they are allowed to do whatever they want with items in the game. They are not allowed to market items and then change the core functionality after they have been sold.

Imagine if you are the owner of Ethereal Armor and one day you log in and all the protection values are set to 1. They could do this with any armor in the game, if they wanted to, except the Ethereal armor as it was marketed and sold with the functionality it has.

The same applies to CLDs. The functionality of the item they marketed and sold can not change. Like i said, there is nothing wrong with changing the items per se, the error lies in that they were marketed and sold an item in a certain way.

Imagine you go out and buy a car, marketed as a car. Years pass and the company decides to do an OTA software update to all their cars. This update disables the engine startup protocol. Would this be legal?

No, it would not. The item they marketed and sold as a Car does no longer carry the necessary functionality to be considered a car.

I feel like I've explained this enough, so I am out.

For simplicity:
MindArk can do whatever they want with the items in their game. They can not, just like any ither company in Sweden, market and sell an item and then remove functionality.

It is NOT because they are changing the item. It is because the item is no longer the item that they marketed and sold

ToU/EULA does not exempt you from the law. Like i said previously, they are allowed to do whatever they want with items in the game. They are not allowed to market items and then change the core functionality after they have been sold.

Imagine if you are the owner of Ethereal Armor and one day you log in and all the protection values are set to 1. They could do this with any armor in the game, if they wanted to, except the Ethereal armor as it was marketed and sold with the functionality it has.

The same applies to CLDs. The functionality of the item they marketed and sold can not change. Like i said, there is nothing wrong with changing the items per se, the error lies in that they were marketed and sold an item in a certain way.

Imagine you go out and buy a car, marketed as a car. Years pass and the company decides to do an OTA software update to all their cars. This update disables the engine startup protocol. Would this be legal?

No, it would not. The item they marketed and sold as a Car does no longer carry the necessary functionality to be considered a car.

I feel like I've explained this enough, so I am out.

For simplicity:
MindArk can do whatever they want with the items in their game. They can not, just like any ither company in Sweden, market and sell an item and then remove functionality.

It is NOT because they are changing the item. It is because the item is no longer the item that they marketed and sold
Hi Ferial thanks for the detail explanation. But tbh ToU to me is "exempting from the law". As long as we click "okay" and log in to play, we have to follow MA regulations, if we are not happy we can leave the game and stop using their products. Cheers and have happy tuesday :)

There's a strong chance Mindark will further develop the land plot system because

1. They are guaranteed profit off initial and ongoing land development, land structures aren't free.
2. Not everyone was able to participate in previous offerings and it's an opportunity for MA to gain credibility with their stakeholders and have them invest further.
3. The gardening profession is not fully fleshed out yet, gardening is basically part of the land plot system and has room to grow.
4. In this case the creation of the tokens and the action of players purchasing them gives them significance. Historically, the actions of players giving value to something has caused Mindark to act.

Back