Calypso Sweating Initiative (short CSI)

Total amount of sweat bought to date: 77K
Current price for 1 million ME is 134.30

Purpose of the initiative:
To assist new players and sweat gatherers by stabilizing sweat price at 2.5PED per 1K of sweat with possible further increase in the future. Enhancing new players experience by giving them more means to fund their other in game activities.

Means:
For this project personal deposit will be used.

How does it work?

Phase 1:
I will be buying sweat at fixed price of 2.5PED per 1K of sweat at popular sweating areas and trading hubs. In the initial phase of the project daily allowance per avatar will be 2K of sweat. I will be registering each seller to exclude multiple sale attempts by the same character. Why 2K? I want to offer this opportunity to as many new players and sweaters as possible and will not be buying large stacks from single or group of individuals.

Update: for the time being I have decided to buy 1K per person simply to make more ppl happier and to affect more players this way. When project gets more pace and volume I will increase amount of sweat per avatar.

Trading journal will be updated daily with names of all sellers to ensure clarity of the project.

Phase 2:
After reaching target amount I will start buying Force Nexus at Twin Peaks trade hub for a 107% markup and at the same time selling sweat for 2.5PED/K. Why 107%? Based on my calculations this is optimal price I can buy it for in order to break even after refining sweat and nexus to mind essence and selling it at AH for competitive price. I will be selling ME in 1KK (1000000) lots to make it easier to keep track. Below are my calculations:

1K Sweat (2.5 PED) + 1K Force Nexus (10.7 PED) = 100K Mind Essence (10 PED Trade Terminal value) with production cost of 13.2PED + 0.23PED refiner cost (using T 104). Total cost for 100K of ME comes to 13.43 PED that is without AH fees which I will try to avoid by selling directly.

Total production costs for 1 000 000 ME (TT value = 100 PED) then comes to 134.30 PED and that will be fixed sale price, which is below average current markup.

Note that 1K of sweat and 1K of nexus actually produce 100100 ME, which comes to 10.01 TT value, so rest assured that that 0.01 PEC eventually will be added to the project budget. Hm in order to make 1 PED from that I will have to sell 100 mil of ME. WOW that is a big target and great profit :D

Do the math how much money i will be making :) I do not have exact amount of AH tax and how much it would cost to refine 1KK of ME but will update formula after finding out. After selling ME I will rinse and repeat.

How much sweat and how often you planning to buy?
Well initial project funds consist of roughly 400PED, meaning that i will be able to buy up to 30K of sweat and force nexus and will repeat the process after selling ME or sweat itself to interested buyers if any. I will continue playing while running this project and will add funds as I make them from my usual activities. However I want to point out time and again, I have no intention of profiting from this project and will do everything in my power to make it as public and open as I possibly can. All transactions, trades, deals and participants will be listed for any possible references.

So how much will I be making?
0 profit, yep absolute zero. Might even loose on refining costs and if noone will buy ME.

Then why the hell do it?
If you ask this question, your time to understand has not yet come :) And on the serious side because I want to try and I can at least try to enhance experience for new starters and sweaters alike offering them more for their hard work. This is strictly non profit social project.

So what do you need from community?

Well I need 3 things:
First: If any players are interested in supporting the project and have force nexus to sell or know who mines it and would be willing to sell it to me for ME production for 105% MU, it would greatly speed up the process and I would be able to buy more sweat from players for 2.5PED/K. Please note, I am not trying to buy it for TT price since everyone has the right to make their living, but if someone will be willing to sell it for tt price, all income will be added to project budget thus increasing amount of sweat i will be able to buy. Otherwise i will be buying Nexus at Twin Peaks whenever i have time to stand and shout :)
Second:
Any ME users and crafters who use sweat in their manufacturing process and would be buying ME or sweat for given fixed price of 2.5PED/K would help to stimulate the project. If any big buyers will be willing to buy large quantities of sweat I will be glad to sell it for the same fixed price of 2.5PED/K.
Third:
Your sweat boys and girls :) when you hear my announcement in the trade channel, do not be shy to come and get more bang for your buck.

I am not and will not ask for any money from anyone, please do not try to contact me with any devious scam schemes of yours if you have any, I will repeat myself, this is not a profit project, but social one and how successful it is be will depend on our community. It will be funded from my own pocket so you have nothing to loose :). If it doesn't work, at least i will break even and will carry on with normal game play, again nobody looses out.

Please leave your comments, remarks and questions below and I will try to answer them.

Regards,
John DaBad Quid

Last edited:
Phase 1 completed. Here are names of players i bought 2K sweat from for 2.5PED/K

Date: 13.04.13

Name

aurisk morey kenbi
luke the drifter
fog horn leghorn
undead mario evilone
paul paulison allison
przemek freeze asdf
chixla the bald
craig xeroregret morgan
mbatonha telly mendes
ronald ron havelock
ermis deukalion zeus
grey greyhair sloth
mabus allister xenos
zack liam erasmus
jose ryokitsu milles
miss coca cola

Apologies for lower cap though :)
Now phase 2 begins with me trying to get 30K of force nexus for maximum markup of 105%.

Last edited:
Fully support this initiative. Well done, sir! :)

Thanks for thumbs up guys :) all for a common good.

No luck buying any force nexus yesterday, will continue today after work. Not expecting it to be a fast process, raising the awareness takes time but we will get there eventually :)

Good luck with your project :)

First Force Nexus Trade of the Project successfully accomplished :) and the honor goes to Mr. Magic Magikziggy Ziggy for selling 457 Force Nexus.

Trade has been slow, but slow start is better then no start at all :)

So far had just one more nexus seller named Randalm Svagoproduction diRiga with 157 Force nexus to the table. Not much but I am sure more will come :). Thanks Randalm!

Will be trading at Twin Peaks for few more hours.

Heh, did not take long. Fellow Entropian Normen W1ck3d Swain generously offered his support to the project and sold 1601 units of nexus which he bought for 106%, making himself a loss, but willing to support the cause. On top of that Normen offered his help in the future by providing nexus he will get across. That what this project needs to be successful. Players input. Huge thumbs up Normen and even bigger thank you!

Got another 750 from guy named Spyke, sadly did not get his full name :)

Trade continues.

Last edited:
When you got the ME pm me about price.

Thanks Meculus, that would be great :) I have participated in this event myself and actually that was what inspired me to start all of this :) The more people know about it the the bigger impact it might have.

Fantastic proposition Az Bloodz :) I will definitely get in touch with you. The sooner I sell ME the sooner i will be able to buy more sweat from fellow players.

pm me the price of ME will buy straight from u

Isnt the ME price currently at 120% ? (not online atm) So you are making about 1ped loss per 1k sweat bought... Or am i missing something? Anyways if it works out then i cant argue, and most of all good initiative

Thanks alot Italiancarl :) this is great morning to start with.

Whiteknut current average daily ME price at this very moment is 136.32%. Might be that u have in mind lesser mind essence which goes at around 118%, so everything is under control :) Thanks for dropping by and showing interest though. The more people read this the better.

And another big thumbs up from Normen with 1771 more nexus to the cause :D Things have started to speed up.

Last edited:
Thanks alot Italiancarl :) this is great morning to start with.

Whiteknut current average daily ME price at this very moment is 136.32%. Might be that u have in mind lesser mind essence which goes at around 118%, so everything is under control :) Thanks for dropping by and showing interest though. The more people read this the better.

And another big thumbs up from Normen with 1771 more nexus to the cause :D Things have started to speed up.

k thx, i was confused by peauction.com which clealry showed some auctions ending at 123% without bids. BUt if markup is 136% then sweat price should yeah be about 2.5ped/k (not 1.7ped/k as some ppl are buying)

That is if you trying to sell ME with some profit :) I will be selling it just for the production cost to break even without any profit so estimate it at about 132%. As I have mentioned earlier I still have to check refining cost for 1KK of ME and since few players already offered to buy it directly, final price will not include AH fees.

Btw i was suggested to look for more eco refiner then MR100 tt one, such as mr104 which suppose to be better. Will have to look into it, that would bring the final price even lower.

Another update:
Normen is a beast of a man. Another 4567 nexus to the table :yay: Thank you and you fellow miner for this :)
Also thank you Ms. Lucy Csillione Taylor for your 122 nexus.

If it continues like this might refine first million ME of the project today. Much sooner then I anticipated.

Progress table so far:

ItemBoughtTarget
Sweat30 00030 000
Force Nexus1011730 000

Refined first million of ME. Total production cost came to 133.10 PED (including refiner cost. I have updated introduction post with calculations for reference). So that is the price.

Will see if i can sell it directly since both potential buyers are offline. In event of success tonight i will make few more players a little happier by buying some of their sweat :)

Did not take long. Az Lammbock Bloodz just bought first ME million. Shortly I will be buying another 10K of sweat at camp Icarus this time, but only 1K per person. Until project gets more attention and speed, i rather make 10 people happier a bit less then just 5 a bit more. :)

Last edited:
Second round initiated. This time 16K of sweat bought at Camp Icarus from following players:

Gothic Kitten Lorefield
Silver Tenebriel Longhjhon
Elena Elena GAC
Artur Gorgey Gorgey
Mike the penetrator
Liquid Darkgoa Soul
Felipe Dale Vidilla
Thorn Hammer Ignatius
Drakonis Baphoment Tzimisce
Demon Death Reaper
Dima Ganbit Abashidze
Louis Enowapi Ramos
Fantasy girl 006
Dan Windfox Braveheart
Paul Grobbekuiken Hop
Gringos Tribalkiller Toredor

Planned to buy 15K but eventually could not say no to one more lost player. Sorry that could not buy more guys.......

Updated Progress table so far:

ItemBoughtTarget
Sweat36 00036 000
Force Nexus11736 000

Last edited:
New day and new surprises. Normen shocked me with 16764 nexus to the project just few minutes after i logged in. Huge thumbs up :)

ItemBoughtTarget
Sweat36 00036 000
Force Nexus1688136 000

Finally bought Transformer T-104 and refined another million of ME. Total production cost came to 132.30PED.

As recent trade volumes show people are not willing to sell nexus for 105% MU due to it's higher market price, so I am thinking to increase it to 107% in hope it would speed up things a bit more. Since refining costs went down, with 107% MU on nexus final production cost would come to 134.30 PED/1KK of ME which would still be under average market value.

Please let me know your opinion on this. For today i will continue buying it for 105%. have a target of another 3K to reach in order to sell 2KK of ME and start buying more sweat :)

Update. After discussing with Normen, I feel that he is as much involved into this project as I am, I will start buying Force Nexus for 107% MU until changes in the market, if any, allows to reduce this price.
Therefore ME price will be 134.30PED/1KK.

Last edited:
I'm behind ya on this, good effort man. Like seeing people try something for the good of the whole, good work. I think every little effort helps. :)

Thanks for support Sloe :) Every little helps.

After refining 1KK ME

ItemBoughtTarget
Sweat26 00036 000
Force Nexus688136 000

Im at work atm, but if im on when you do your refining, let me know, ill use my refiner for free to cut the cost for you. Usually buy my sweat from disciples at 2.5/k anyway, and they dont like sweating, may as well put that to something else for the new players.

Thanks for the offer Illyith!

Might as well use your offer on refining as soon as i get enough Nexus for another million. Hopefully in the evening trade will be better then atm :)

Latest update:

Normen brought another 5111 nexus so I am crafting second million of ME and we will see how soon we can sell it :) Thanks Normen you have been real m8 on this one :)

Aaaaaaand server crashed :D

Last edited:
Afternoon ladies and gents.

We still trying to sell 2KK of mind essence, 1KK goes for 132.30 second for 134.30. Difference in price comes from second lot refined from nexus bought for 107% MU. If needed i can sell any amount, just let me know :)
If I am not online, my colleague Normen W1ck3d Swain might be on so with any inquiries or if you want to help, please contact him :)

And another 3091 nexus from Normen, so after refining we now have 2.5KK of ME to sell. :) I am actually running out of free PED to buy more nexus or sweat so WE NEED BUYERS!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Back