Calypso vs. Cyrene content release battle of 2022 so far

allarom

Old Alpha
Allar allarom Mark

Cyrene:​

New Additions
- The return of the Imperium Armor
– With this return, the Augmented and Perfected versions will also be available. However it seems there were some Imperium moles getting these armors so now Zed Fontaine is personally enforcing stricter controls with players needing increased A.R.C. Badges as well as additional components and plenty of animal oil residue
- Players can locate Zed and see more information about the armor upgrade in A.R.C. HeadQuarters
- A.R.C. Hero Roy Vulker has a statue dedicated to him in this area as well and we encourage everyone to pay their respects, especially if they collected a full set of his armor

- With the growing relations between Arc and the Zyn over at Zyn’Tukano, Kaydee Barns is now able to offer a daily texture mission to create synthetic leather textures which she learned from the local Zyn
- Players can find Kaydee near the Zyn’Tuknao at the crafting area

- Introducing Utility Faps: players with the Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI can now choose one of two utility upgrades. Additionally, players can now downgrade back to Rank V to remove the heal of time component; however this change will be final.
- Players can find these two new Boffins in the Supply Depot

- With the rise of the Manuthale faction coming to the surface, they have overhauled Mer Beach into its original marsh-like ecosystem known as Rana Haven. The change to the island has caught the attention of ARC who are requesting trusted player assistance in aiding our new allies via unique daily missions
– Players with A.R.C. Badges should come to see A.R.C. Envoy Surin and venture further into the cavern found on this island to meet the other Manuthale

- The first original Cyrene music composed and mastered by CKA records, our in-house studio headed by Yui

- Zyn’Dars Hovel has been remodeled to include his new companion Zyn’Tao and his crafting station. With this remodel Zyn’Dars current pet daily mission has been split between low and mid level pets missions. While Zyn’Tao will be offering a weekly crafting mission which will reward Tamer Horns limited blueprint
- Players with a fair amount of Tailoring skill should come to see Zyn’Tao and start the crafting mission for the Tamer Intimidation Horns Limited Blueprint

Changes
- Rift changes
– Timer set to 15 and 15
– Spawns added outside the Rift
– Changed the look of the area
- New ARC Rift NPC's
- 5P1D3RB0t spawns adjusted
- The pathway up to the High Shaman should be easier for players to traverse
- Downed Dragonfly vehicle position fixed
- Adjusted Ghost Hat NPC
- Redone Imperium Armor stage location
- Changed A.R.C faction building slightly
- Scout Bot pen for the daily mission was increased in size as well as the number of spawns in the area
- Tide Claw spawns increased by the hive
- Stalkerbots spawn increased and spawn changed slightly
- Pet Daily Missions split into low level taming and turn in / mid level taming and turn in
- Pet daily mission area overhaul
- Fox Hyden now replaces that other guy who had a lot of PvP missions…
- Time of day adjusted and changed

Changes

- Mer Beach terminal terminal building temporarily replaced
- Mer Beach Teleporter renamed to Mer Beach Keys Teleporter
- Kaydee Barns should now be available to players to complete the texture daily mission
- Mission Gear Up: New Fap - Stage 9 should now allow interaction if players did not have enough materials
- Heal over time heal correctly applied to both Speedy and Vigorous Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. versions
- Decal at A.R.C. HQ adjusted to look less glitchy
- Hidden Objects for various missions should all be interactable
- Imperium Armor Model NPCs now also list the materials needed for the upgrade
- Hackfin Mature and Old should now have the correct ascending Stamina
- A.R.C. Faction Mission - Stage 2 - A.R.C. Summoner has had its cooldown reduced from 1 hour to 10 minutes
- Changed references from seaside to ocean for Mission Oceanside Rana Haven: Tamesis

New Additions

- Assault on the Imperium
– With the rise of activity from the Imperium, A.R.C & Zekkonian Ministry have come together to keep watch and close tabs on the growing faction.
– Players can speak with Tanhok Warleader Kyzrin for missions to disrupt the Imperial plans.Loyal A.R.C. Soldiers are able to earn unique buffs from this area per day that will greatly help their combat prowess by doing unique missions.

- Zyn’Tukano Sweat Gathering
- Zyn Psyche Master Aten'ten has several missions for sweat collectors that will unlock both turn-in missions and summonable bosses for skill increases.
- The culmination reward for this mission will be a Synchronization Chip 1 (L).
- Created a more sweating conducive environment in conjunction with BIG Industries

- Tree Harvesting
– Players can now harvest trees in many locations on Cyrene to collect Moonboards!
– There is a weekly mission available at Tanhok Immigration that will give you a random decoration or harvesting tool blueprint.

- Music
– We’ve added a new music track to several locations around the planet.

- Vendor Changes
– The following items are now available via turn in missions and not vendors, so there is no wait time or vendor camping:
— Ecotron v15e Prototype
— Ecotron v26b Prototype
— Ecotron v42b Prototype
— Ozpyn HK S1X1
— Ozpyn BP S1X4

Changes
- Terrain and environment has been updated to reflect the current storyline
- The respawn rates in all Hunter’s Caverns have be increased (so creatures will respawn faster)
- All Acidic Jellyworm maturities have affected the terrain around them as well as increased in density
- Kaydee Barnes Texture mission rewards have been reworked:
– The attempts given per completion are now 20
– The blueprint levels are ascending to help with skill level targeting
– The materials needed have been adjusted to be less reliant on uncommon drops
- Several creatures have had their loot adjusted in an attempt to drop more shrapnel, this is something that we will keep an eye on.
- Fixed several spelling and typographical errors across NPCs, items and missions
- Adjusted waypoints for several missions to be correct
- Increased the spawn rate of both Reward Token (Lime Green) and Cyrene Token Splinters
- Adjusted several textures in the Hub and Arenas
- Adjusted several creature spawns at player request
- Adjusted Perfected Imperium Armor to have Heavy Power Cells
- A.R.C. Daily Mining Missions find to count for the mission has been reduced from 20 to 10
- Added auction terminal to Rookie Area
- Empis Wasps should now count towards Codex

Mission Fixes

- Several mission positions have been corrected
- Adjusted miscellaneous mission objects so they are no longer hidden
- Fixed/updated mission text and objectives to be more clear
- Added a new NPC to split the Zyn’Tukano summoning missions
- Added a Mission info sign at Zyn’Tukano to help players navigate the mission structure
- Adjusted summoned mob stats for Zyn’Tukano summoning and quest choice
- Tweaked Zyn’Tukano mission rewards
- Kaydee Barnes mission text now correctly notes you only need 300 A.R.C. Badges to do the texture mission daily

Changes
- Removed some particles and adjusted animations for Dire Weeds in an attempt to keep it visible
- Fixed various objects around Robot Base Z.R.Q. so players no longer get stuck
- Fixed broken Zorn Compound C Blueprint
- Rebalanced the decoration blueprints from the mission: You're a Lumberjack now, human!
- Text fixes for several items
- All Cyrene harvesting tools should now be able to be sold back to the Trade Terminal
- Added and removed “Rare” on several items
- Tree Dragon Hide should now be available
- Removed duplicate Zorn Compound A Blueprint in the terminal
- Various creature spawn adjustments and additions
- Ice Golems should now have a slower respawn rate
- Adjusted Sweat Circle area outside of Zyn’Tukano
- Tweaked bridges connecting island to be more stable
- Add auction terminal next at texture crafting area in Zyn’Tukano
- Temporarily remove death sound from Sky Wraiths (to be reworked)
- Fixed Rhino Beetle text in the CODEX
- Zyn Cookfire and Zyn Campfire now give the correct item when crafted

New Additions:

-Island Biomes added:
-Monstrous Jellys removed from toxic pack zone to new island biome
-Placed highest maturity mobs inside island biomes
-Volcano Lootable PVP:
- Complete rebuild in a new location
- New teleporter NPC added to gain access to the new area
-Land Area Carnap's Landing:
-New Exclusive Flesh Ripper maturity
-Hazards Mechs also placed outside of the Land Area
-Zyn’Tukano Sacred Circles:
-Healing crystals near sweat circles
-New Tree Dragon maturity placed in surrounding area, others around the planet
-Furniture blueprints
-New blueprint vendor for A.R.C. armor inside the HUB:
-Commander
-Patrol
-Inaugurates
-New Teleporters:
-Dire Weed Valley
-Artificial Archipelago Teleporter
-Raceway Ruins
-New Missions:
-UpTrade your Stolen Imperium Armor
-H.E.A.R.T Rank VII
-Lazidol Piece Trader Ara'Chun
-Doctor Byler Missions
-Challenger Esther Missions
-Tanhok Decorator Bur’kys
-Swamp Lurkers biome
-Four New Renegade Hazard Mech ROOT hidden throughout Planet Cyrene

Changes/Adjustments:
-Swamp lurkers moved to correct environment
-Adjusted LA spawns so they flow better
-Renegade Hazard Mechs also placed outside of Carnap’s Landing
-Alpha Paneleons given their own spawn
-Removed iron mission npcs
-Various Item weight adjustments
-Reworked log bridges so players no longer get stuck or fall off
-Size adjustments to various objects so players no longer get stuck
-Harvesting tools adjusted
-Increased various mob spawns
-Mission text adjustments so they are more clear
-Adjusted teleporters so they should all match in naming convention and appearance
-Adjusted various mob sounds
-Various terrain adjustments
-Various creature spawn adjustments

Fixes:
-Duster NPC’s should no longer randomly die
-Merfolken Beach Head mission should now only count merfolken inside the area
-Players will need to abandon this daily mission to require it
-Paneleon Pristine Element should now stack properly
-Tanhok Amber, Blood Fragment, Jade Fragment should now appear in the appropriate auction house category
-Zyn Cook Stove Blueprint and others from Lumberjack T’zn should now properly stack
-Various texts and spelling errors corrected
-Pet Crafting: Tamer Horns Blueprint should no longer have unnecessary window pop ups.
-Players won’t see this change until after they pick up the mission again.
-Zelodoth Nu should now properly spawn instead of Zeladoth Xi
-Your Just Rewards - CoH Finale to include Male Proving Grounds Coat
-Arrets should no longer drop Tree Dragon Hide or Leather

Calypso:​

Changes

• The Sand King Island has received an update
    • Indigenous creatures on the Sand King Island have been placed in separate spawn areas.
    • Vegetation has been optimised for better performance.
    • The Sand King event area is now a no-vehicle zone.
  • It is no longer possible to repair the walls in the Robot Incursion Forts at Lahar, Medusa and Pandora.

It's getting ridiculous already tbh...​

People are zombified to Claypso cause of the market, hence not incentivizing any further improvements on a Planet that already has 80% of the EU population. Thats the only thing i can think of as an excuse for MA's lack luster attitude towards content on Calypso.

People are zombified to Claypso cause of the market, hence not incentivizing any further improvements on a Planet that already has 80% of the EU population. Thats the only thing i can think of as an excuse for MA's lack luster attitude towards content on Calypso.

Also add warp pricing being annoying for normal folk, its not much, but if you travel to and from cyrene via warps 3 tiems a week that is suddenly 120 ped out the window unless you subscribe to warp services or something i dunno... yeey i know "space reeee" shoot me. We'll be rid space uber and volt drivers some day and give them better content to do.

Also

Jelly Worm Pet when!?

I think Calypso will win eventually when it switches to UE5 while [some of] the other planets don't :D
/s

Also add warp pricing being annoying for normal folk, its not much, but if you travel to and from cyrene via warps 3 tiems a week that is suddenly 120 ped out the window unless you subscribe to warp services or something i dunno... yeey i know "space reeee" shoot me. We'll be rid space uber and volt drivers some day and give them better content to do.

Also

Jelly Worm Pet when!?
Just curious, where are you getting 120 ped from? 10 ped is pretty standard for mothership warps nowadays, so for 3X2 warps a week, that would be 60 ped.

Though when I do take warps, I accumulate a lot more to the point I'd at least spend a week on a planet before going back to Caly, so 10 ped isn't a high percentage at that point, especially when it's only warping one way (no/little lootable stuff when I leave Caly).

Just curious, where are you getting 120 ped from? 10 ped is pretty standard for mothership warps nowadays, so for 3X2 warps a week, that would be 60 ped.

Though when I do take warps, I accumulate a lot more to the point I'd at least spend a week on a planet before going back to Caly, so 10 ped isn't a high percentage at that point, especially when it's only warping one way (no/little lootable stuff when I leave Caly).

Taking a warp cost of 20ped 6 times, 20 times 6 = 120 a quick exacmple of someone going to and from caly 3 times as i said, or going 6 warps wherever.

I haven't paid 10 ped in any bygone times, most standard asking is 20 or 25, 40 (grab any warp service and if you don't have a supreme well known name you get skint i guess) for a pickup from another planet. Prices vary, but its a annoying cost that feels arbitrary and uncessary imo. Be it 60 or 120 ped whichever amount, many pennies small create a dollar fast. And the average player if going by what people deposit 500 - 3500 ped pr month, 60 ped pr week even times 4 is still a fairly big amount of that. Which is what i was getting at.

Who does warps for 10 peds atm though I would love to add them and keep an eye out for when they are on caly and going somewhere, would make it at least a little less annoying to go somewhere else pocket wise :p

Taking a warp cost of 20ped 6 times, 20 times 6 = 120 a quick exacmple of someone going to and from caly 3 times as i said, or going 6 warps wherever.

I haven't paid 10 ped in any bygone times, most standard asking is 20 or 25, 40 (grab any warp service and if you don't have a supreme well known name you get skint i guess) for a pickup from another planet. Prices vary, but its a annoying cost that feels arbitrary and uncessary imo. Be it 60 or 120 ped whichever amount, many pennies small create a dollar fast. And the average player if going by what people deposit 500 - 3500 ped pr month, 60 ped pr week even times 4 is still a fairly big amount of that. Which is what i was getting at.

Who does warps for 10 peds atm though I would love to add them and keep an eye out for when they are on caly and going somewhere, would make it at least a little less annoying to go somewhere else pocket wise :p
Kronan is 10 ped within their sechdul
ed timing.

Also

Jelly Worm Pet when!?

You know you can fly yourself to Cyrene in about 15 minutes for like 2.3 ped (probably even less) right?

You can also share warps with others, to lower the cost even more.

You know you can fly yourself to Cyrene in about 15 minutes for like 2.3 ped (probably even less) right?

Cyrene and monria yeah, but the others not so much, and I think its far less than that cost wise? I fly around a lot (monria every single day) and the 10 ped fuel i stuffed in my quad has lasted a good month now xD to which i should probably check so that i dont run out again halfway somewhere like i usually do because i forget :p

You can also share warps with others, to lower the cost even more.

That is true, but traffic at times is not high enough so one might end up waiting a while if so :p

Kronan is 10 ped within their sechdul
ed timing.
Exactly. Kronan had been going at least as long as I’ve been around, so it shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that 20 ped is not a normal warp price, that’s a premium VIP price.

I find this format terrifying, not because of the conclusion itself, but because of the tacit assumption that number of changes, without any analysis of whether each change is a net benefit or detriment, is a reasonable measure of which planet is "winning." I think this is a dangerous road that can incentivize really lousy development decisions.

As mentioned above Kronan does :) Granny and the crew are lovely.

We also do 10 ped warps every night, or cheaper with multipass. ( Titans of Space Normandie). Just depends whose times suit you best I guess.

Also - I was reading this thread wondering if i missed the caly update 🙃

As mentioned above Kronan does :) Granny and the crew are lovely.

We also do 10 ped warps every night, or cheaper with multipass. ( Titans of Space Normandie). Just depends whose times suit you best I guess.

Also - I was reading this thread wondering if i missed the caly update 🙃
I shouldn’t have forgotten ToS. You guys work well for those more on Europe time, while Granny’s time fits better for us North America folks. There’s pretty good coverage of available times that way that I wouldn’t really plan to use VIP warp services barring an extreme case of needing to go immediately.

the cynic in me says this is THE reason for no changes or reform on the auction system. they know that fully half the population of caly or more is there only because of its prevalence as the commerce hub and the fear of loss in space. if the auction were made universe-wide they'd most likely have to either invest in development or pay out more to planet partners.

Cyrene is doing what a planet partner should if they want success. More content, and more of what players want.

Hi I'd like to go to Cyrene. where should i go to find a flight please.
I would try ingame chat instead of random forum topic :)
Send me PM ingame and i will give you names of few pilots who does warp flights, if you look for quad taxi then just ask on #calytade or #trade.

Last edited:
Back