Calypsocod

Status
Interesting. Roughly how many hits did you take where the 2.1 was the max damage? As the only significant difference there is teh Acid protection that may well be part of the damage.

I was using UL2+A103 happily but with a higher dps HG for the last few shots. UL3+A104/5 should be plenty for Young-Old

Thanks for that info. I'm using an A103 right now; a 104 would be a stretch for me, a 105 with its 1000-PED markup is right out. I do have an E-Amp 13; maybe I should fit that. (Yes, I know it's less eco but killing faster means less armour decay, right?

Thanks for that info. I'm using an A103 right now; a 104 would be a stretch for me, a 105 with its 1000-PED markup is right out. I do have an E-Amp 13; maybe I should fit that. (Yes, I know it's less eco but killing faster means less armour decay, right?
It does, but with only 3 pts difference in max damage you'd be hard pressed to see any advantage, and the random nature of hits would probably mask any saving IMHO.

The A103 seems very undervalued to me - it offers 5 pts more damage than the 102 and only 2 pts less than the 104 yet it has the lowest markup of any of the energy amps.

Some random fishies, check the uggggllllyyyyyy calypsocod OA :p

The cod roam the land..I guess they are landcod? Anyway here are some pics. They are killable, but you have to stand on them and let them hit you to prevent the yellow 'can not be damaged' message.

stalker hit me for 130 through rutuba + 5b! :eek:

Did some damage testing with Oleg tonight:

Calypsocod

No decay on Polaris. (cut, stab, pene, cold ruled out)
No decay on 6A (burn also ruled out)

Took hits from 20.4 to 39.3 naked versus Young. Thus Young does 40 max damage.

Against Young in unplated Ghost, I took a 3.1 hit, which decayed Ghost 1.285 pec (17.37 dmg absorbed).

Against Mature in unplated Goblin I took 26.7 hit, which decayed Goblin 1.618 pec (20.7 dmg absorbed)

Against Young in Goblin+6B I took a 5.2 hit, which decayed Goblin 1.313 (17.56 absorbed) and 6B absorbed 5.0.

With a bit of calculation this means:

Calypsocod Young does 32 Impact, 8 Acid.
Calypsocod Mature does 40 Impact, 9 Acid.

Sonic Squid

I'll put this here for now as there's no thread for them yet.

No decay on Polaris (ruling out cut, stab, pene, cold)
No decay on 6A (further ruling out burn)

In unplated Ghost against a Guardian I took a 1.0 hit, for which Ghost decayed 2.435pec (28.55 absorbed).

A provider hit me naked from 21.3 to 41.5 so Providers do 42 max damage.

In Goblin+6B a provider hit me for 4.0, for which Goblin decayed 0.822 (12.0 absorbed) and 6B decayed 1.118 (15.5 absorbed)

This leads to:

Sonic Squid Provider does 28 Impact, 14 Electric.

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
Status
Back