Can I kill this/these process's safely?

Parsley

Provider
Society
Cave Dweller
Parsley
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Can I kill vsmon or will it make the computer more unstable than it is now?

Id say thats "virus scan monitor".

Doesnt seem harmless to kill except you wouldnt have a virusscanner running anymore.

But i'd look at the right bottom and check which of all those you can close. On a full installed system i usually only have 2 or 3 added systemtray icons, but not 14 and for you thats except the taskmanager, network indicator, and sound control.

Only ones I can get rid of are commet (p2p), Peer Guardian (goes off when the p2p does), Lycos live (email notification)

Need the rest though, logitech for the keyboard/mouse, anti stuff (firewall and avg), battery monitor (memory hog in itself), smiley face 'cos i like it (anti copy killer thing) and printer moniter (tells me when I have no ink left)

Isobuster has been deleted from my system but the icon keeps appearing, but its not running any process's just a glitch I think

And the Windows Genuine Notification thing refuses to go away, any ideas on how to get rid of it would be appreciated (tried add/remove, deleting from source and even switching off auto updates but it keeps appearing every couple off days) :D

Are you running ZoneAlarm? I think, but I'm not 100%, that vsmon.exe has
something to do with TrueVector, and the monitoring of the internet traffic.

first :
AMG AMG AMG , what a shitload insane crazy amount of crap dumb service and tray icon running !!!!!!!

That pure computeur crime , i would punish you if i know you ....
So mutch crap in 1 comp ... you still can run PE ? dont it get a bit slow ?
i guess all that is 20% resource throw direct in garbage lol

oups about your question :
vsmon is zone alarm service.

and i dont like zone alarn because its very very slow fire wall special because i got a lan ...

Got Zonealarm Security Suite running ( the one that stops the ad/spy/mal/bloat ware getting onto the comp in the first place)

I just keep adding more RAM when I notice a system slowdown, but I've maxed out my board at 8 gigs now so I am starting to look at what process's are running that are'nt really needed :D

i'd recomend getting a freebie app called "whatsrunning"

hehe it does exactly what it says on the tin :) but the nice feature is having a lookup, so when u dont know a process (like me 99% of the time:p) u can do a lookup and see who wrote it and what it does etc :) it also has a nice ip connection feature so u can see whats connecting to where... well it helps my paranioa :D lol

gl

Parsley said:
Got Zonealarm Security Suite running ( the one that stops the ad/spy/mal/bloat ware getting onto the comp in the first place)

I just keep adding more RAM when I notice a system slowdown, but I've maxed out my board at 8 gigs now so I am starting to look at what process's are running that are'nt really needed :D

i usual go in service and disable all service that are no needed , like 90% of your try icon...
lots of softweare load service 24/7 but you never use them , like a disk defrag ...it run all time but you use it 1 time per month ...

Parsley said:
Need the rest though, logitech for the keyboard/mouse, anti stuff (firewall and avg), battery monitor (memory hog in itself), smiley face 'cos i like it (anti copy killer thing) and printer moniter (tells me when I have no ink left)

Need is the incorrect word. There are many that believe the same unfortunately. You think you need them, or you find the extra options they offer usefull. Things that come with hardware dont necessarly need to be installed! Usually are just junk IMO.

But the keyboard and mouse should work with only the drivers. I got alot of logitec at home, but not a single traytool for them as example. Printer spool monitor is usually found on the configuration panel. etc etc.

Ok, i missed battery monitor. You don't need it, i think. My old laptop started to beep every minute, and long before it was empty ;)

As for vsmon, I already mentioned that. I, and dont think the others, are trying to argue about your system, just some advice.

Parsley said:

You have 8gig of memory?? OMG!! Do you use it all, as adding memory doesnt speed up anything if it's not used. My system and old system were running smoothly, and had less then 1gig. I now have 1gig, and hardly ever use that to its max, playing EU, or any other recent games I have.

Need the battery moniter (this is a desktop pc) it controls when the back-up battery kicks in, dodgy electrics in my flat so get power outages regularly :D

Got the whatsrunning program, more confusion by the looks of it ;)

But how about this for nasty?

Starting to think it might be time for a format and a wiser choice of what drivers/apps to put on it :D

No answers on getting rid of the Windows Genuine Notification, does that mean its not possible to get rid off short of formatting or actually buying an original copy?

8 Gigs of Ram is good for encoding films, then it gets almost maxed out :D

Last edited:
Parsley said:
Need the battery moniter (this is a desktop pc) it controls when the back-up battery kicks in, dodgy electrics in my flat so get power outages regularly :D

Got the whatsrunning program, more confusion by the looks of it ;)

But how about this for nasty?

Starting to think it might be time for a format and a wiser choice of what drivers/apps to put on it :D

No answers on getting rid of the Windows Genuine Notification, does that mean its not possible to get rid off short of formatting or actually buying an original copy?

8 Gigs of Ram is good for encoding films, then it gets almost maxed out :D

actualy , when i see that mess , i would opt for the format too lol
after install , you can read som guide to remove useless service and process ...
there a nice load of them you can remove from the loading...
well , i am a bit insane with that lol , i still use old windows color on my XP 2 because it use less memory and run faster lol ...but i hate wait to a windows open because of shit load useless graphic.

Back