Can MA logs be bugged?

Wow my mistake for asking what the community thought about this situation after seeing that other thread...

;)

but i can see most of you don't like me...
Maybe i should setup a poll to see who hates me
would go like this.
DO you hate strash.
No, he whines to much
No, I love him
No, depends how much i drink
No, best thing i have ever run into...

i wonder how would vote :D
hahahah

You forgot - don't know him
I did give you my honest opinion of your original question though. Don't know if you liked it or not, really doesn't matter, it wa my honest opinion and I don't think they'd out and out lie to prevent you from gettin and amp.

i enjoy all opinions :)
and your right i don't think they would lie.... but by lying i mean that the system 'never' saw it.
kinda what i meant thus they are part of the system = they have lied in some sense... that the system doesn't log everything correctly?

it's very clear for me that is one unl amp on inventory, this can happen becouse it was not a discovery. i believe this could happen to me becouse many times i'm doing other stuff while mining. i don't believe Strash would lie about this and come to forum. MA should just acept the 1k and give the amp back.

once i had a hof of 600peds lyst but could only extract 280. event with prints they never gave me back the rest of it, so a believe this is very comon on MA.

it's very clear for me that is one unl amp on inventory, this can happen becouse it was not a discovery. i believe this could happen to me becouse many times i'm doing other stuff while mining. i don't believe Strash would lie about this and come to forum. MA should just acept the 1k and give the amp back.

once i had a hof of 600peds lyst but could only extract 280. event with prints they never gave me back the rest of it, so a believe this is very comon on MA.

Don't restart the ramble but carefully read through all of the comments.

- Yes MA does sometimes ignore inquiries for loot return (especially since their balance has been into red, 2 years ago I had a claim returned due to VU update logout though), and in case of Strash, MA did follow his repeated inquiries because they would have been financially interested in returning his item if he got one.
- "L"s and L items do load on different speed sometimes tho for me it usually has been L first then the displayable item. The shittier gear and bandwidth, the easier to reproduce this lag, that's why Strash was unsuccessful.
- The screenshot shows items had not finished loading and the amp did not have any tt on it just like the used up ones.
- He would not have gotten scales if he actually looted one.

Everyone would like a chance for ul item but it does not seem there actually was one.

Last edited:
So you don't get anything with a unl amp? and apparently unl amps when found come completely empty.

So you don't get anything with a unl amp? and apparently unl amps when found come completely empty.

not true. :) I remembered this one from awhile back. A soto with hans, and the amp. If the amp had been behind the claim...who knows.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...46-Ul-ma-104&p=2430490&viewfull=1#post2430490

Seems I remember something like that as well once someone who looted a UL amp that was behind a claim in the window and only found it when they checked the inventory. ;) Can't be arsed to go look for it though...whatever MA says is the law, so you're screwed either anyway bro. ;)

Anyway, personally I think it was likely a graphics glitch...had something similar a month or so back...relog fixed it... Don't blame you for asking though...even though the worse place to ask is this sorry excuse for a "community"...nice to see the MA ass kissing brigade came out to beat you over the head. :rolleyes:

Best post so far.

He asked a reasonable question, no need for bitching.

not true. :) I remembered this one from awhile back. A soto with hans, and the amp. If the amp had been behind the claim...who knows.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...46-Ul-ma-104&p=2430490&viewfull=1#post2430490

Seems I remember something like that as well once someone who looted a UL amp that was behind a claim in the window and only found it when they checked the inventory. ;) Can't be arsed to go look for it though...whatever MA says is the law, so you're screwed either anyway bro. ;)

Anyway, personally I think it was likely a graphics glitch...had something similar a month or so back...relog fixed it... Don't blame you for asking though...even though the worse place to ask is this sorry excuse for a "community"...nice to see the MA ass kissing brigade came out to beat you over the head. :rolleyes:

just as i thought...... but i never seen this glitch before and i was always carrying 100+ amps in my inventory not once did i ever see this,.

i am certain u didnt get a UL amp :) dont worry about it man :)

u got enough profit to buy a nice one anyways... gratz :)

they definatly wouldnt lie either...

worth a try though eh :)

If the L shows up on any other amp in the inventory window, then all L will show up on all amps at the same time.
In this instance, they would seem to be lying, or a db error.

They often have DB errors that show one thing client side, but an entirely different thing server side.
One example of this would be when you go out hunting, kill a couple dozen mobs with no loot window, no "no loot" message and then relog to find all your fired shots, weren't fired, all your skills are lower than when you logged out, etc...

However, if the UL amp was rendered in your inventory, it would also be rendered in your loot window (they're the exact same source image) and therefore, if you never saw the UL amp pop up in a loot window, yet you saw it in your inventory, then it is possible that a split second of loading time was going on within the image layers at the time of the screenshot and in fact it could have been an L amp in your inventory after all.
Noting the load % of your inventory, could it have been that the amp without an L was infact another TYPE of amp? What I mean is, all the other amps showing an L could have been level7 and the one without an L could have been the first of another level of amp. This could explain the load variation.

Impossible to say really. The backend of EU is incredibly unreliable and full of holes. Which is one factor (among many) stopping me from "investing" in anything more than generic gear.

Last edited:
Ive had 2 hotkeys visible with the same item before and one had an icon one was a blank button. Both buttons worked, relogging fixed it. So its certainly possible for 2 of the same items to display icons differently.

If there was a screen shot of the amp in the claim window, that woudl be a different story. You cant even get unlimited amps that way can you? It should always be unlimited in that case. But an inventory window, you cant know. Unless you relog, that would have clinched it.

IIRC, when moving items from say inventory to a storage box, the position of the "L" can move on the item (try it yourself), so I believe they are drawn seperately. Since your inventory was still loading at the time of the screenshot, it's possible the item image had been drawn but the "L" had not yet.

RIP UNL AMP:bowdown:

Last edited:
i enjoy all opinions :)
and your right i don't think they would lie.... but by lying i mean that the system 'never' saw it.
kinda what i meant thus they are part of the system = they have lied in some sense... that the system doesn't log everything correctly?

Then maybe the thread should have been titled: Do you think the system always accurately logs the loots?

To that question, I can honestly say, no it doesn't all the time when there's extreme lag conditions during some events.
I can also say I 'think' this also happens due to lag not during events as per other threads over the years and my own experiences.

Well since i saw that other thread open about the missing loot etc........ I was wondering about the support case i opened up for this unl Amp it seemed to pop up in my inventory... and amazinly I took a photo of it cause of a hof i had gotten.....

that is the picture in question..
Yes it is 86% loading up but I have never been able to duplicate the items loading without a L if it was Limited

anyways here is the support.

I was wonderin if you could look around 07-05-2011 If I Tted a unl amp ...? i am just wondering if you can look at your logs back then to see.
2011-07-15 04:08 You wrote:

can you check 06/05/2011 08/05/2011
If i TTed a unl amp? please?
2011-07-15 04:17 You wrote:

It would of been 07-05-2011 when i tted them It should of been 111 x level 7 amps at 0 tt... Did i have another amp in there that was unl? And if so I will pay 1000ped to get it back.
2011-07-15 04:53 You wrote:

opps i meant 07 04-05-06 2011
i didn't mean month 05 i meant 07 for the month... Sorry about this i am just kinda jittery tryin to figure this out.
thanks for keeping up with me
but on june 5th 2011 i should of tted 111 x level 7 Limited 0ped TT to the tt and wondering if i had a UNL amp in there that i TTed and if so i would like to pay the fee to get back
Please don't waste your time lookin at any other month but june. thanks.
2011-07-15 04:57 You wrote:

omg I meant JULY!!!!!!!! 07-05-2011..... I am so sorry
2011-07-15 15:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. We have verified our log files from 2011-07-01 to 2011-07-08 and we found that you sold 11 x Level 7 Finder Amplifier (L), 28 x Level 5 Finder Amplifier (L) and that you did not sold any unlimited amplifier.

We hope you find this information useful.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

2011-07-15 17:20 You wrote:

Hmmm July 5th 2011 i should of TTed alone 111 level 7 (L) amps.... can you check just that date? because i have a Picture not sure why it loaded this way but It looks like it is a UNL amp as the L loads up with all other amps... when it is L.
But it should be 111 X Level 7 (L) amps on July 5th or July 4Th 2011. Can you just check those days?
cause only 11x level 7 makes no sense to me since i did drop 111 X level 7 between 4th/5th july.
Also https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=271463

if you look at that picture you can of the said amp i am speaking of.
The date To look at is July 4th-5th 2011 There should of been 111x Level 7 (L) amps TTed and perhaps a unl one? can you please double check again. Cause only 11 level 7 (L) amps and 28 Level 5 (L) doesn't make sense.
2011-07-15 19:46 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Sorry for the typo mistake, you sold 111 x Level 7 Finder Amplifier (L) with a value of 0 PED between July 4th and 5th. However as we mentioned before we did not found any log showing that you had sold or used a unlimited finder amplifier on July.

Kind regards,
2011-07-16 00:06 You wrote:

hmmmm
So When i recieved that ooto All i recieved was 1.92ped of angel scales?
Can you please check the out of the ordinary i recieved on july 4th/5th
thanks...
2011-07-16 00:33 You wrote:

The reason i am really wondering about this is cause i have taken nearly 1000+ pictures from me hofing/globaling and i have never seen a amp pop up in my inventory with out a L symbol but this picture seems to have a Amp without a L symbol so that is why i am getting you to check. i can send picture to you so you can see... so just wondering what came with the out of the ordinary.
2011-07-23 14:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We have verified our log files and found no record indicating that you loot or sold an unlimited amp to the TT on July 4th/5th, we believe that this was just a visual glitch.

Thank you again for your patience and participation in Planet Calypso!

Kind regards,
2011-07-28 18:47 You wrote:

only thing that gets me is that this picture... I keep trying to repeat this 'visual glitch' and can't seem to do it again.. I just wish i knew for sure that it wasn't a unl amp cause all the L amps pop up with the L symbol and this one didn't.... Cause the L is not separate from the picture of the amp.... that is my concern... not sure what else you could do for me i guess. Just this picture really throws me off and makes me wish i wasn't so tired when tting all those amps.
2011-08-05 03:26 You wrote:

Can i ask you guys What i received in the out of ordinary on july4th/5th?
2011-08-10 22:31 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. As you can notice in the Inventory window of the screen shot that you sent us, the items were not fully uploaded when the screen shot was taken. Please rest assured that we have verified our log files and we did not find any logs indicating that your avatar looted or sold an unlimited amplifier from any level.

Kind regards,
2011-08-23 02:35 You wrote:

My question to you is Isn't the L on the Limited amps isn't that part of the picture? so when it is loaded up wouldn't the L load with it?
or are you saying they are separated?
2011-08-23 22:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have been informed that the text parameters are in a different layer than the images, this means that the inventory icons need to load the images and the text parameters for each item every time it is displayed.

Kind regards,
2011-09-19 08:12 You wrote:

can i ask if it is possible for you to answer what i looted in the something out of the ordinary that day?
2011-09-19 08:15 You wrote:

Also i have tried to repeat the same scenerio over and over again to produce the image to not show a L but it seems not to work always same thing happens L loads with the item.
2011-09-30 16:36 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

As we mentioned before you did not looted or sold an unlimited amplifier, when you found the Angel Scales you also found 4.25 PED of Gazzurdite Stone.

Kind regards,

After that i got Tired of this support and had to close it really. was getting no real answers or anything...
but my question to the public is Would they lie to me?
or 14% of loadin inventory would make that much of a difference on L items?

Cause i have tried numerous times to Do the exact same effect and not able to ever GET a item that isn't L not to load up with out the L there.

what are your thoughts.

Yes.............................................................

If the L shows up on any other amp in the inventory window, then all L will show up on all amps at the same time.
In this instance, they would seem to be lying, or a db error.

Even unarmed eye can catch the sequential loading of items, when you open your inventory.
In this instance, they not lying, it's not db error - it's just your incompetence.

They often have DB errors that show one thing client side, but an entirely different thing server side.
One example of this would be when you go out hunting, kill a couple dozen mobs with no loot window, no "no loot" message and then relog to find all your fired shots, weren't fired, all your skills are lower than when you logged out, etc...

Try unplug your network cord while playing. Look what happens then. Enjoy.
It's standard design of such systems.

The backend of EU is incredibly unreliable and full of holes. Which is one factor (among many) stopping me from "investing" in anything more than generic gear.

Мыши плакали, кололись, но продолжали жрать кактус.

You made 2 typos in this support case and when MA makes one you automatically think they lied to you? :scratch2:

Again I didn't Mean Lie......
Yes i made errors in my thing....
just you would think they would take better consideration into there support responses.
I will ask moderator to change Thread name.

YOU DID NOT LOOT AN UL AMP!

Maybe if support would have bolded and used caps on it's response would have been more clear? :scratch2:

Not sure my real life experience is all Crap but ok.

I was just sharing this experience with the examples i thought belonged or related too... please don't shoot me in the face.... And if you say this L hasn't loaded for you guys it helps my mind become more calm into this situation. and realize that ok then was a visual glich as i suspected at the start.

But AGAIN seeing that other thread where support said didn't SEE a HOF the size of 26k or so whtever it was made me feel to open this thread and see the community thoughts.

I am not sure why i am gettin the Hate but i guess that is the reality i live in..... I guess i can't live in Sunshine, rainbows, and lollypops .lol

anyways rip on me as you please.....

aussie-haterade.gif

I'm nearly certain I've had limited items NOT show the (L) icon before. I don't have any pics handy, but I'm pretty sure its happened a few times.

i'm sure about this. Specialy when your inventory isn't 100% loaded..

Even unarmed eye can catch the sequential loading of items, when you open your inventory.
In this instance, they not lying, it's not db error - it's just your incompetence.

Try unplug your network cord while playing. Look what happens then. Enjoy.
It's standard design of such systems.

Мыши плакали, кололись, но продолжали жрать кактус.

Your ability to interpret english is terrible, this is shown by your reply. "Even unarmed eye can catch the sequential loading of items" ..you completely misinterpreted my statement.

Regardless; an example of the DB errors, is clearly shown in the current debacle unfolding around the jasch hof. Mr know-it-all. So you can say what you want, but MA's db is clearly erroneous.

Don't use your latvian metaphors in hiding, coward.

Last edited:
IMO, the support is correct this time. You don't have the inventory page fully loaded so that's why you're missing the "L". Notice that it's the last currently loaded item, too. The explanation that the text part of the items is in different layer seems legit.
I've seen funny stuff while the inventory is loading too. Sometimes the inventory is not loading for several minutes (heavy lag). No reason to freak about it but confusion is inevitable from time to time.

Also, you don't loot items with 0 TT (no TT bar visible on the amp in question). I never did. Almost broken - yes (ESI comes to mind but it has enormous base TT) but not at zero.

Last edited:
What a difference to Jack´s thread.
One is politely asking for something what belongs to him, what is supported by many logs, by one pic brought by other ava and overall backed up with strong support and sympathy of a community. The second one is having phantasies, coming up with rude thread tittle, turning it all into "no one like strash" trash.

why does support have logs of this issue? in jacks thread they stated they have no logs??

[h=2]Would MA Lie?[/h]

No, what would possibly be in it for them? If they didn't want the loot system to give out an UL amp, they would make it not possible. If they'd chosen to make it possible why on Earth would they want to pretend it didn't happen?

You have very convincing answers to your questions from both the community and support. Sorry, but it looks very strongly like you were just fooled by your own screenshot.

·Quote·Strash post(From before)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank YOU MA *not sure where to put this on the forum* but i hope MA reads
First i will Say thank you ma. You guys Are doing as much as you can i understand that. I would like to say a few words as we all continue to evolve in this game.

First PLEASE if you have a new system really REALLY test it out on your own servers and really get it working before you put it in game. I am sure all of us Wouldn't mind Waiting for a FIXED product or a PROPER product..... just shows more repersentation on your side and more praise for you getting it right the 'first' time.

The loot on the Sand king Stressed me out and Others cause we trusted that you fixed it and obvisouly your word fell through, but at the end of the day you guys came through and everything worked and hopfully continues to work.

WE love seeing new content and as you can see everyone wants the old systems back, but i would like to say I rather see the new systems start to really work properly. Aka SPACE. People have invested ALOT OF PED upgrading there ships and buying them..... and IF Space fails and those 'Ships" can't move then the ships are dead ped which comes with Dead confidence.

All we ask is PLEASE take into consideration of the system you place within the game and make sure it is working 100000000000000000% TEST TEST and TEST again.

If you can't do it don't put it in. Trust me better to wait for a GOOD meal then a half assed meal... this it self will produce the Gold of Advertising this game to the world. And a great repersentation for the Staff of MA and the WHOLE of Entropia universe.

WE all would love if MA would also repersent themselves to the People more, and i see Kim is and that's Sweet and great. but i think more transparency would be amazing..... As some people have invested alot of money into this game and alot of time to create the community for what it is.

That being said putting too much onto the community without any words of confidence from a 'higher' up is really tough. i notice that the Forum owner is finally taking there place on here and cleaning up some of the 'crap' but i also would like to see MA release more statements of fullfilling confidence. I saw one thread start about a interview ? perhaps that would be amazing. WE aren't asking for you to spill the beans and coffee for us, but alittle show will always boost our moral.

And to see that you guys are responding is awesome and hopfully we all can work together to make this game amazing part of a 'real future' market. cause as i see this entertainment is going to flow into the future.

thanks for listening

and good luck all

Strash
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF??? Is That You Strash ??? Now they starts to lie???Impossible.....You always love them....

lmao.

I asked a moderator to change title of thread.
I didn't Mean that if they lie but the system it self lie.
thanks though.

again i brought this up to the public as to light as the other thread i have always had Numerous amounts of amps in my inventory .........
Do you think it's possible that amount of amps could make a log go bugged?
Am i tryin to understnad if the Logs are bugged or not?

drink up

Last edited:
Back