Can planet partners create new items?

Ivo Jahrumble

Dominant
Society
The Great Pretenders
Ivo Jahrumble Rocha
Of course they can.

What Im asking is. Can they create items with new functionality? Or do they have only the "original list" of finders,excavators, weapons, etc and have to do their planet version and cannot create a new function in game?

As far as I’ve seen, they cannot create new items. Everything had to be approved and done by MA.

Yeah, what I tought :p

Was looking at your auction and shop fee guide. that was part of the problem the item i was thinking would fix.

Would be nice if shop owner could buy stuff with shopkeepers instead of just selling. Why only banks can take loans? If a crafter had a shop with a few shopkeepers buying ores that could help auction prices up a bit and a lot of small people could dump small amounts on those shops.

I believe initially they were able to assign their own values to items , or that was the visual.

I don't have the actual examples , but there were some items created that gave some PP items uber status on econ which upset the apple cart.

Now I believe items must be plugged into existing values.

It is not a bad idea but the WHOLE auction system is faulty....

to solve small amounts problems there is an easy solution.... a fixed percentage fee on TT value of the item
and i underline TT VALUE because we forget that MA deals everything in TT term (loot and such) and then
cuts a fee in auction based on the MU of the sale.... so basically MA is a reseller when referring to AH and
we all know that resellers are not just "a bigger than 100% TT" but impact on items cost.

applying instead than 52 pec and rising fee a fixed
0.2% ? fee on TT value (it is like having a (auction based) TT cost at 100.2% so if i put 100.50% is it 1 item
or 1m item i pay a fee based on volume. it removes all the pervert effect of minimum fee
second mod is the adding of 2 decimal points in the price, we have PECs in all the game......apart AH
That would add transparency and allow all players to place orders RISING price to get the amount of items
they need (without buyint 2500 items to craft 4 pieces) and we would have 1 Best BID and 1 BEST ASK just
like we see in markets (RCE i heard it before....)

Up to your solution.... i hate shops, they are spread all over, need to walk and teleport for hours to see
what is sold by them then manually compare prices and remember who had them.... a level of time consuming
complexity totally contrasting the idea of cycle.
People has shops just because at some sales volume they pay less commissions than in AH.
maybe some of you care who is the seller or buyer in ah, i care just price, the lower the better.

an efficent AH would solve it.

as per items we have also too many items of which 99% are garbage and the rest is rare or pricy
when a planet partner introduced a decent item (read Cyrene) it was stopped because got more than 5%
of players going there.....and not shooting in mayhem.
sorry for long message, you inspired me

Dunno whether you count bps as 'items', but I believe pps make suggestions on the mats side there, for example, but it may be changed by MA, ofc. The skyripper(?) is relatively new with its own stats, but conversations on this have shown that MA sets certain limits on what it considers an acceptable new balance. For the ripper, it was first allowed, I believe, then removed, then MA gave an option of either nerfed 'fun' or including use decay on it. NI decided to keep it fun but accept decay, which almost no other vehicles have these days (I don't mean repairable decay, I mean decay on the base tt per km, so the vehicle will slowly 'die' as it is (L)).
This has quite possibly lowered demand for this item and its bp, but it is new, so yes, pps can still do this.
On weaps and armour there are new upgrade paths introduced over time, so yes to this area too. However, the Cyrene case shows that here too MA may allow something and then rethink very quickly, so the whole situation is far from ideal!

The main problem throughout all of this is planet partners are competing against owners of the game for the same income. Anytime a PP does something that detracts from MA's income on Caly, they cut it off at the knees. As long as MA owns Caly, this will stop any real innovation from the PP's because MA is shortsighted, the game would be so much better, even though it may impact their short term income, longterm more players would have been playing the game if the PP's were able to operate more freely.

PPs don't code, they only make content, so the new functionality needs to be implemented by MA who might or might not be bothered with it. It's like when Cyrene promised to add mechs to the game (was its main selling point actually) but eventually MA said that making a bipedal controlled vehicle is not feasible. Yet many years later Arkadia got the Smuggler Mechs that can be controlled with pills so guess everything is feasible with the right motivation.

The main problem throughout all of this is planet partners are competing against owners of the game for the same income. Anytime a PP does something that detracts from MA's income on Caly, they cut it off at the knees. As long as MA owns Caly, this will stop any real innovation from the PP's because MA is shortsighted, the game would be so much better, even though it may impact their short term income, longterm more players would have been playing the game if the PP's were able to operate more freely.

It's not that simple actually. An avatar created on Calypso (like mine for example) will continue to earn First Planet Company (and MindArk) money no matter where it goes to hunt/mine or craft in the universe. My Avatar is tagged as a Calypso avatr and that will never change.

Planet Partners are supposed to recruit their own players which will be tagged accordingly, and earn the Partner income no matter where in the universe it goes to hunt/mine or craft.

It's not that simple actually. An avatar created on Calypso (like mine for example) will continue to earn First Planet Company (and MindArk) money no matter where it goes to hunt/mine or craft in the universe. My Avatar is tagged as a Calypso avatr and that will never change.

Planet Partners are supposed to recruit their own players which will be tagged accordingly, and earn the Partner income no matter where in the universe it goes to hunt/mine or craft.
I understand this, but if a player from caly goes to ark, ark is still going to get a big chunk of what that player spends on their planet, I don't remember the specifics but I think its somewhere around half or a third. But every time a planet partner releases a new update with new content, MA ALWAYS releases something like big bulks or the big hogglo or some other thing to keep players on caly. And while PP's are supposed to recruit new players, they still need to develop stuff for their current players, and since MA is in direct competition with them PP's are at a major disadvantage and it has made a toxic productive environment for new content.

I understand this, but if a player from caly goes to ark, ark is still going to get a big chunk of what that player spends on their planet, I don't remember the specifics but I think its somewhere around half or a third. But every time a planet partner releases a new update with new content, MA ALWAYS releases something like big bulks or the big hogglo or some other thing to keep players on caly. And while PP's are supposed to recruit new players, they still need to develop stuff for their current players, and since MA is in direct competition with them PP's are at a major disadvantage and it has made a toxic productive environment for new content.

Yeah but I don't think it's as per you say necessarily (that MA is greedy and just wants everyone to stay on Calypso).

I think MA is just more serious about the game then any of these other Partners. As a way of example, I think Neverdie Studios only has like 1 or 2 guys. Monria had Ant (and I think hi brother helping him out a bit), since he bought Toulan that might have changed. I'm not sure about Cyrene, but it looks to me like it's just 1 guy. Ark has maybe a few.

By comparisson, First Planet Company (who officially owns Caly) probably has 12 people, maybe more. They have real, professional game developpers to creat new content for Caly.

You'll argue "Well yeah, they have more ressources..." and that's probably the whole point.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and I don't think it would be fair at all if someone could come al9ng and just pay 1 million dollars and instantly outshine MindArk and planet Calypso, which have been in development since the start and have probably invested 50x that amount of money in the last 18+ years...

Anyway Planet Partners are getting great content now with these new armor upgrade missions, I'm sure soon it will be Ark's and RT's turn to get them, so I actually think they gonna do quite well for themselves over the next few years.

Can they create items with new functionality? Or do they have only the "original list" of finders,excavators, weapons, etc and have to do their planet version and cannot create a new function in game?

All Planet Partner content is subject to review and approval by MindArk, to ensure the stability and balance of the virtual universe. This includes all items they create.

All Planet Partner content is subject to review and approval by MindArk, to ensure the stability and balance of the virtual universe. This includes all items they create.
What about planet partner items which had already been approved and are retracted only days after their release? Who gets to be responsible for that?

Back