Question: Can We Get More Actual Free To Play Activities / Daily Missions plz?

-JJ-

Old
weeeeeeeLittle JJ killerOfWhatever
Hiyi o/ ;]

recently ive been thinking about my journey in Entropia from when i started, to where i am at now, and one consistent thing that bothered me now n then a little was what feels like a lack of true free to play activities / daily missions despite the game being touted as free to play but also an rce

tho it is great as a new player we get a bunch of free noob stuff on each planet ect after that however... there really isnt that much for players to do that isnt mind numbingly boring and seemingly leading to nowhere... as a result i guess some will reach that point where they feel they are forced to either deposit or leave the game which is a shame

for those that do continue to try to play free tend to end up developing odd ocd like behavior such as counting every single shot and trying to plan and track every single activity feeling that if they overspend or mess up that it means that their quality of play and activities will adversely suffer,.. sweaters and those that walk and run around aimlessly trying to pick up whatever they can find up from the ground will know this all to well lol

i do understand ofc that this game is an rce and growth and depositing is encouraged but the game should be enjoyable for all regardless of their wealth and preferred play styles
and from experience i have noticed that ive actually ended up spending more in games over time where i felt i was relaxed and having fun ... and whenever i could afford to id depo and buy that cool new weapon or toy i was after and up my game to play for better rewards and at a faster pace lol

personally i do a bit of both i try to freeplay and deposit when i can and 1 of the main reasons i continue to play is cos of some of the great nice helpful people ive met in game ;]

i think everyone should be able to go shoot something, mine something or craft something or whatever even if it is low level stuff that could be handed in to a npc for some small reward or skills or something... but i also think so that everyone can get to to do this that something needs to be done to deal with overcrowded areas .. perhaps the option to switch to a less populated server of that area or instanced areas depending on what activity / mission was assigned to the player by a npc

it was in itself challenging to try to say what i wanted to say and more importantly think of what my 1 ama question should be so i look forward to seeing what response i get

JJ ;]

• Thank you -JJ- for your question. You are not only correct in asking your question, you are also putting your finger on a very important component of the Entropia Universe and its RCE foundation. I agree the balance is a bit tilted towards content that costs money and I would also want to see more free-to-play aspects. I actually think more free activities should be much more possible than today in almost every part of Entropia. This is something that is being discussed and I think we will see this part of Entropia grow in importance in the years to come.
- Magnus Eriksson

Back